Lifeline24

Lifeline24 Employee Reviews for Handler

I've worked as an emergency call handler with lifeline for some time now. Its a newly formed part of the company, and making changes to evolve is part and parcel. Some turbulence is inevitable as not everyone is open to change. call handling can be very fast paced and sometimes stressful, its usually eased by a coffee and a nice piece of homemade cake made by one of our team leaders. I have always been able to express my feelings needs and wants to our manager and team leaders. My colleagues are amazing and i enjoy my time with them. I don't wish to expand with the company as I like what I'm doing but the opportunities are there for those that do. We have some young team leaders who are growing with the company and we are all learning from each other at some point. I would prefer not to work shifts or weekends but staff are needed 24/7 365 days a week. I have off days, happy days and strange days but all in all mostly good days.
When I saw the job advertisement, I was so excited as I had heard great things about Lifeline24! As soon as I stepped in for my interview, I knew I would get on well there. With great staff and supportive management, everyone quickly made sure that I found my feet. It also has to be said that the way in which they have dealt with the pandemic has been amazing. Lifeline24 is an up and coming company that I am so happy to be a part of.
Pros
Amazing senior management staff
Cons
Management as useful as a bicycle is to a fish. No support or training for the clients you have to deal with. No recognition for people doing a good job. The company is based on stats and figures and doesn’t actually care about the clients. The kitchen is RANK and the team leaders openly talk about their intimate life (whilst the staff are on calls). If you want to wee, poo, eat AND work at your desk then this is deffo the job for you because if there isn’t enough people on you can’t leave for a break. The YOUNGEST team leader is a patronising twit. HOWEVER, the plus side is you can win a Creme egg if you can count to 60. If your CV is awful and you’re very unemployable then apply anyway as you’ll probably get it.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Staff and management are brilliant. I’ve never worked for a company who make their staff feel so valued and make a great effort to find out areas in which staff would like to see improvement/ change. The work is satisfying and the staff are like family. The prospects for career progression are available for suitable staff. A very happy and friendly place to work.
Was an absolutely amazing place to work at the start. Staff were amazing and it was a relaxed but effective working environment. I loved working there. However, slowly but surely things went downhill. Essentially, don’t be ill. Ever. If you are, your job gets threatened and your opportunities diminish. The awful pay was worth it when things were good, but the stress of the job got worse, lunch breaks were virtually non-existent and your competence was questioned constantly. In a short space of time, loads of staff left and you were always reminded that you are just a number and all they care about is money and profit. Not saving lives. Just my personal experience.
Pros
Amazing colleagues
Cons
You’re just a number, not a person
Comment – 4 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working with us and would like to assure you that our employees are extremely important to us.It does sound like the time when you worked with us was during a period of massive growth for the company including the creation of our brand new team which you were a part of, so unfortunately during your employment, we were still very much building up that team to the correct capacity where we're now at. The creation of the team meant that in the first few months, we were preparing for the job at hand - saving lives - and ensuring all staff had extensive training. I'm sorry to hear you felt the job was too stressful for you once we were taking emergency calls.We give all of our employees guaranteed pay reviews in April each year, with some staff also receiving reviews mid-year as well when they've excelled.If you would like to discuss any of the above further please do contact us at hr@lifeline24.co.ukKind regards,The HR Team
I've been at Lifeline24 for a couple of months now and I'm really enjoying it so far! Everybody is so friendly and management are really approachable. You're never made to feel silly for asking questions. I feel like I've learned a lot in my short time and no day is the same! I feel like there is room for me to progress here.
Pros
Never a dull moment