Lifetime Training

Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

Great on boarding process in Birmingham giving you the skills to complete your job. Can have a bit of a ‘fake’ everyone’s amazing at their job culture. You get praised even if mistakes are made. Work is KPI driven, and you are encouraged to get new learners to sign up even if they may not be right for the apprenticeship. Goal posts always move.
Pros
Flexible work pattern
Cons
Cover a large area.
14 January 2021
Thanks for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you have highlighted a culture of recognition and praise. I will make sure I pass on the feedback regarding changing 'goalposts' and sign ups. We are a quality driven business and we want to make sure that we are delivering to our objectives without compromising the quality of what we are doing. You can always contact me directly to discuss this felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk
Great company loads of perks and support, flexible working and good communication. Intense training and support to develop is integral to role. The job is varied and you get to meet loads of interesting people.
Pros
Flexible, manage own time and good bonuses
Cons
Intense training and long distance travel
14 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and it is great to hear that you are feeling so positive about us. Our training is really thorough but we like to think that we have support measures in place to help with this and and the demands of the role. If you need that support please do not hesitate to ask.
14 January 2021
Thanks for your review, it is great to have some positive feedback from someone who worked for us previously. Hope you are well.
Plenty of training , support and direction. The company is genuinely concerned about the welfare of employees. This is a place where you feel that you can really make a contribution and make a difference.
14 January 2021
Thanks for your comments. It is truly great to hear such positivity from one of our life-changing people. It is also good to hear that you feel valued and looked after and rest assured you are making a big difference through what you do.
14 January 2021
Thank you for such a supportive and positive post. We feel lucky to have you as part of our team.
The technology they use even though had teething problems was really good. They invest a lot on making sure you have the right tools to do the work. I have to say though it is a company that go by how much you brown nose and not by the quality or performance of individuals. They seem to do good things for you when the BeHeard survey is looming then when it passes they through more targets and put more pressure on you. This happened everytime. I was also informed by the staff at head office that for every bad glass door review they got they made the staff at head office do 5 good ones to fudge the scores. I would say that I worked with some great people and enabled me to learn through them. But at interview just make sure you are not sold a world of greatness because its hard work.
Pros
The technology
Cons
Long hours, SMT & false promises
14 January 2021
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you feel that we invest in you and provide you with the tools to do your job. As you mention our roles can be demanding and we will always have peaks and troughs of activity due to the nature of working to necessary timescales. This is exactly why we have things like our wellbeing platform in place, our Evolve conversations and employee forums in place.You are right in thinking that great things happen in line with our engagement survey and this is usually because this is a great way to hear your voice and get your input in to what needs enhancing so we can action plan accordingly.I can honestly reassure you, as the person who manages our Glassdoor and Indeed page that we do not push our employee reviews to counteract any negative ones but we will encourage our people to leave us honest feedback so that we can celebrate our successes or open up dialogue to makes changes when necessary
Worked for the company for 3 years and during that time I felt so under pressure by management; working evenings and weekends to keep up. Work life balance is a joke, with no support when you ask for help. Forget about having a relaxing holiday, there will be about 500+ emails and a mess when you come back regardless of how much you prepare beforehand. Also don't get ill or take compassionate leave, no one will cover your time off. Employees working while ill is common place. If your face doesn't fit, you'll be gone quickly and defiantly no promotion for you. This company is only interested in the money! If they can find a way to make money they will, even at the cost of the employees. Covid showed their true colours - its all about the money. Working with twice the caseloads previously (normally 45, now 90+), with more being added very day. The 'bonus' for doing this, was you only had to work 4 days instead of 5 at the same wage as others on furlough. The targets moved everyday with not care to the learner and their learning experience. But don't think that while you have been brought back to work while others are on furlough that you're job is safe, it isn't.As a learner don't expect quality you're just a number. As an employee don't expect a salary that shows how hard you've worked, support from management and there is no such things as a good work-life balance. Crying, stress and suffering from depression will become the norm.
Pros
Learner interaction and seeing them develop
Cons
Work-life balance, poor management, stressful environment
14 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate that the situation as a result of Covid will have impacted you on both a professional and personal level. As you know Covid had a huge impact on our business and our ways of working and as communicated to you by our CEO we worked hard to put measures in place to mobilise our business as quickly as possible to adapt to such an unprecedented situation, whilst maintaining our commitment to our people and their wellbeing.Like many companies, we had to make essential changes to keep the business functioning and ensure that our people were able to retain their roles during this difficult time. We decided to make full use of the Government’s job retention scheme to ensure that we did not have to make anyone redundant whilst lockdown measures were in place. We also had to make difficult decisions about how we delivered our service as safely as possible which included introducing home working and the situation you have referenced to above whereby some people were furloughed completely whilst others remained essential to the business function, continuing to work in line with business demands and on reduced hours and reduced pay.I am sorry that this impacted you negatively but please be assured we were and continue to be focussed on supporting our people through this difficult time whilst maintaining our business. You mention a number of other areas of the business that you were dissatisfied with and it is always helpful if we have some specific examples of what made you feel like this so that we can contextualise the situation - more...
Worst company I ever worked for. Low salaries and no rewards nor bonuses. HR is inexistent as they are supposed to be helping employees, they just don't care. Overall, the company is more focus on money then the well-being of their employees.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, long hours, no progression
14 January 2021
Hi. I am truly sorry that you have had such a negative experience which has left you feeling that Lifetime is more focussed on 'money than the wellbeing of their employees'. As a member of the HR Team I am involved in the people strategy and a significant part of that is ensuring that we have measures in place to help our people with the challenges that their roles may present and to ensure their wellbeing. It concerns me that you may have not been aware of these measures, such as our Wellbeing hub and our employee assistance programme. Understanding your experiences would be helpful to me so if you would like to discuss these further I can be contacted on felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk
Target driven, no support, terrible experience and one i am glad to have moved on from! Would not recommend this company if you value your mental health!
14 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you have left feeling that you had a poor experience at Lifetime. Any specific examples you could give of what left you feeling like this would be really valuable in helping us to look in to how this may have happened. I can be contacted directly at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk
During an unexpected illness they were not supportive and eventually used illness to get rid of me. Team leader had childish actions and excessive pressure.
Pros
Cons
Clicky management
14 January 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. At Lifetime we are committed to fairness and are passionate about ensuring we follow due process with the wellbeing of our people at the forefront of what we do. I am concerned to hear that you did not feel that this was the case and would really appreciate some more details so that we can investigate this matter. Please feel free to contact me directly at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk
This company are really tough to work for. Have a ‘if your face fits’ culture. Management only care about data and forget they are working with people. Had to report unsafe practices to which I was ignored.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, Not taken seriously. Ignored.
14 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback We take the welfare of our employees very seriously including accusations of bullying and reports of 'unsafe practices'. I would appreciate it if you could contact me confidentially to give me further details of these incidents and some examples of how this happened so that we can investigate them. Lifetime takes a zero tolerance approach to bullying or unsafe practice, which are never acceptable or sanctioned within our business. I can be contacted at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk.
This is definitely a ‘if your face fits in’ type of company to work for. Extremely stressful trying to meet targets, working with learners of poor quality because all the company is interested in is money. Who ever your manager is.. if they are stressed out .. you as an RT will be at the receiving end. Negative comments about lifetime are forbidden, if if done in a diplomatic manner.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Stressful job
18 January 2021
Thank you for leaving a review and for giving us feedback on areas you felt could be improved. We have dedicated training for all of our managers to ensure that they are delivering excellence through their teams whilst supporting wellbeing. If this was not the case for you it would be helpful to understand why this was so that we can look at how we can enhance or develop our ways of working and our training. We completely appreciate that our trainers work extremely hard and the role poses challenges but our commitment has always been to evolving ways in which we can mitigate the demands of these challenges; such as encouraging more remote learner visits, training on managing work cycles and a dedicated support and wellbeing hub. I am sorry to hear that these did not meet your needs and that your experience of working at Lifetime was not more positive. If you would like to contact me to give some specific examples of how this happened it would help us to ensure we continue to put people at the forefront of what we do. felicity.white@lifetimetraiing.co.uk
Management are completely unsupportive. They pile as much work as possible and fail to recognise when teams are struggling and desperate need of more staff, instead choosing to pile work loads of 3/4 onto 1 person. Promotions are given on friendship basis and achievements are not recognised for promotion. Salary is poorly reflective on work and unfair throughout the business. It is not all bad, the employees within the company are all very friendly and like a big family supporting each other.
Pros
Great staff relationships
Cons
Salary, bad management, over worked.
18 January 2021
Thank you for your review and your feedback and I am glad to hear that you felt that working here you felt included and part of a 'family'.I am sorry to hear that you felt unsupported by management and that the challenges of the role left you with a negative experience of Lifetime. I am concerned that you felt that development and progression was given on a 'friendship basis' and as the Resourcing Partner for the business I can assure you that all new vacancies are made available to all colleagues and the there is a fair and robust process for selecting individuals for internal roles. It would be helpful to me to understand what made you feel like this so that I can ensure there are no gaps in this process and we are being completely transparent in our ways of working. Please feel free to contact me directly at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk
The company's always been about its people....apparently. Covid19 showed this isn't actually right! Many of them are currently working for 80% of their salary, yet they have very high caseloads and workload! The "reward" is they are only working 80% of their contacted hrs, this isn't a reward though because it just adds more pressure on to get everything done in reduced hrs! It's also a kick in the teeth that colleagues are getting paid the same 80% whilst on furlough.....despite not bringing revenue in!! It's also a massive kick when they have their financials published to show an eye watering amount of levy payment and therfore no reason to pay only 80% of salaries!!
Pros
Get to make a difference to people's careerss
Cons
Company doesn't have their people at the heart.
18 January 2021
Thank you for leaving a review and I am sorry that your experience of working at Lifetime was not more positive.As you know Covid had a huge impact on our business and our ways of working and like many other businesses we had to mobilise quickly to the unprecedented situation. This included making use of the government's furlough scheme to help the business through the lockdown and ensure that our people were supported as much as possible during such a difficult time.This meant we had to make difficult decisions about how we delivered our service as safely as possible which included introducing home working and furloughing some of our people whilst others remained working. This ensured the continuity of the business and made sure that learners in areas of our business, which were least effected by the situation, such as Care, were able to continue with their learning. I completely understand the negative impact this will have had on you both personally and professionally but can only assure you that during this difficult time we worked hard to mitigate the impact on all of our people. I am sorry that this was not your experience.
Managing a caseload of learners teaching and assessing vocational qualifications in the relevant sector. Also teaching and supporting learners with Maths, English and ICT. Entails visiting various sites to deliver work based learning to a range of learners. The most enjoyable part is when I call them to tall them they have passed and that they hard work has paid off
Pros
Manage own diary
Cons
Lots of travelling
14 January 2021
What a lovely insight you have given us in to what being a Lifetime Trainer really means. It is all about celebrating the successes whether you are one of our employer. partners, learners or life-changing people.
I started working for this company 20 months ago, the journey has been amazing. From joining the company and being fully trained with support from every direction. Always knowing you can pick up the phone and ask for support. I am in charge of my diary and as long as I do my job and hit deadlines, I can move appointments around. Meaning that when my child and has an assembly or sports day, I can go and watch him. Sometimes it can be fast passed but if you are a good organiser there is no reason to become to stressed. If you do get overwhelmed, your manager is always there to help and support.
Pros
Monthly expences
Cons
Not found any
14 January 2021
Thank you so much for such a positive and honest review. I think it really highlights how the business really invests in its people and how we are committed to supporting our fabulous life-changing people
Lifetime is a great place to work if you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working in a team. There is a great culture and because of this, people stay a long time. There is a high expectation in terms of work ethic and targets - but the team spirit supports this. I really enjoy working here. We partner with a number of large, well know companies and this ensures that we always strive for the highest quality in our delivery, as well as continued innovation. I plan on staying at Lifetime a long time, as I am always excited to see what each new year brings!
14 January 2021
Thanks for your review. You have hit the nail on the head about how the business is fast-paced, dynamic and pioneering . We are proud of our people and the commitment they show to delivering excellence and we are pleased to hear that you plan on staying with us to see what the future brings.
Ask anyone at Lifetime and they'll tell you it's a fantastic place to work. We have a great culture where everyone works together to support one another, giving the feeling of being one big team despite being a national organisation. There are lots of development opportunities available to those who want them. We have an engaged management team who keep us well informed about the business as a whole and give us the opportunity to raise any questions or suggestions with them either directly or via our Employee Forum. We have access to great benefits including discounts at lots of high-street stores, a rewards and recognition programme and are active as a business in holding fundraising activities for charity throughout the year which are always great fun. It's the people who make working here so good, but it's also really satisfying to know that we offer a service which allows people from all walks of life the opportunity to gain new skills and advance their careers. I love working here and would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Free tea coffee and fruit, discounted gym membership and discounts at highstreet stores, a sports and social club who organise fun activities for us, training and development opportunities
14 January 2021
What a blinding review and what a great advocate you are for all the things that are great about working at Lifetime. It is people like you who help to create a culture of collaboration and excellence.
Working at Lifetime for a number of years now its fantastic to be in a business that wants its absolute best for its customers, learners and staff. We are a fast-paced company yes which can sometimes be hard work but we are always looking for better ways of working and invest significantly in our learning and assessment technologies to ensure they have impact and support everyone to deliver a great customer experience. The senior teams communicate the business plans effectively and continuously focus on informing us all what is happening, how we are doing and where we need to focus to deliver results for all our stakeholders inside and out. I'm proud to be a Lifetimer!!
14 January 2021
Thank you for your review, you have absolutely identified what is great about our culture, business and people. Of which you are one. Thank you for being one of our life-changing people.
I absolutely love working for Lifetime, the people really make the business here and make going to work everyday enjoyable. My role is varied and busy, the pace of change is fast at Lifetime but predominantly positively as we work hard to constantly evolve to deliver the best service and experience to our employer partners and most importantly, learners.
14 January 2021
Thanks for leaving us a great review, you feedback is much appreciated and very valuable. You have really highlighted how life at Lifetime is never dull and how we strive to stay ahead of the curve whilst delivering the very best to our people, our learners and our employee partners.
Lifetime is a really progressive organisation which has been demonstrated through its successful growth over the last 10 years. Quality is a huge focus as is innovation to stay one step ahead of our competitors. That is why some of the largest and best known service sector organisations in the country choose to partner with us. Lifetime has a great culture of passionate people, driven to do a great job for our clients and apprentices. With growth also comes a lot of opportunities to develop. Work is challenging, engaging and rewarding which is why I've stayed with Lifetime for nearly 10 years.
14 January 2021
What a brilliant review. It is great to hear that you have been with us for 10 years and really contributed our our culture and success. It is true we are an innovative and ever-changing business and you will have been with us to see it all happen. Thank you for your be one of our life-changing people.
Lifetime is an excellent place to work, there's lots of opportunity for career progression and the people you get to work with are amazing. There is a great atmosphere of team work and collaboration between all departments.
14 January 2021
What a brilliant review. And thank you for being one of our life-changing people. You are really demonstrating our key DNA behaviours
I have worked for Lifetime for 3 years and within that time I have developed my own knowledge and skills with continuous CPD that the company provide and have completed my Education and Teaching Award. Lifetime and the higher management are not only focused on developing there staff they collaborate and share there vision with us weekly. Working for Lifetime has been a challenge for me learning new systems and keeping up with targets but I have a strong team around me who are always there for support. The best part of my job are my Lovely learners seeing them learn and develop and building in confidence each visit and sharing their achievements with me. The hardest part of my Job is finding enough time in the day to complete everything so good time management is required.
Pros
Great team working and collaboration
Cons
Targets and deadlines
16 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback. It is inspiring to hear your passion for what you do and the support you are giving your learners.
  1. Employee reviews