Lifetime Training
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, pay could have been better.Redundancies are frequent which is a shame. Nice location and everybody for the most part is welcoming and friendly. Just a shame about the way they handled the pandemic.

Pros

Social

Cons

Redundancies

Should be a market leader in all areas

I worked at the company for 3.5 years and saw a lot of changes to the structure of the company, my floor and the way business was run. The culture within lifetime was top notch when I 1st started but this quickly changed over a 5-6 month period due to bad staff recruitment and changes to management. Processes were changed every 48 hrs for more than 4-5 months at one point making working to any type of instructions nigh on impossible. Targets were also changed on a regular basis, I had a period of 12 months where I received no bonus despite being the top performer. There was also constant micro management whilst working remotely despite targets being hit, daily and monthly for months on end which became annoying.Management had a habit of buddying up with certain characters and making them part of the management setup even though they were under qualified and had no previous experience. Management also had a tendency to pull you in for 'disciplinary' action based on heresy without any evidence just the hunch their friends had, this was a regular thing at Lifetime. There were 2 culls to employees whilst I was there and this seemed to be a historical thing that they did when they had new employees within weeks which was a reoccurring pattern.There is no real progression at the company unless you are picked to do the role. I was more than qualified to work in other areas of the business as were some of my colleagues but we found out it wasn't worth it as we knew who had the job already regardless of how many people applied and the constant message from management of -

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Micromanagement, NO CEO Interaction, Argumentative staff/management, Disciplinary proceedings not carried out correctly or fairly for some staff, NO Bonus for months, Expected to work weekends for time in leu

Insights into Lifetime Training

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Good but fast paced employer

Nice team north. Loads of support. Area managers fab. A lot of travelling to meetings sometimes weekly but thats the job. However, that was before pandemic. Things may have changed since then regarding travelling.

No work life balance

No work life balance at all. Extremely high caseloads mean you need to work way above contracted hours just to stay afloat. Company has gone downhill, now more concerned with money than the quality of training.

Pros

Enjoy working with and supporting learners

Cons

No concern for staff well-being, long hours

Work life

Work in a great team that I feel I make a real difference with.Support ring individuals to achieve their qualifications.I feel fully supported by my manager

Pros

The team work

Cons

Can be very busy

Heavily target driven!! other than that, great.

I'll try to make this is accurate as I can.I worked for Lifetime Training for a few months. Honestly recruitment, even if not hard sales, is definitely not for me. Personally, the company is alright, the pay is good though.The role is incredibly target driven and I understand it is the nature of the job and the sector but there is no denying how target driven it is, You'll constantly be asked on your progress and where you are with your candidates etc..They do try to make sure the staff are supported at work and that everything is facilitated and they did me good support, but honestly it's not for me and if you enjoy customer service and helping people but not necessarily jumping the hurdles and being followed up on all the time, this might not be for you.There are very nice and supportive colleagues in the office (some of which) easily approachable, some tend to keep to themselves, as is the norm I guess.Management are very motivated and do offer you support. Know that everything is accounted for and taken into consideration, thus they will continuously bombard you with reminders on booking your interviews and hitting targets etc..The role has a very intricate process which is very long winded but be prepared to stay on track as the amount of tasks involved can be overwhelming.Overall, 3 out of 5 stars for me, but as I say, if you are into recruitment and that sort of thing, you'll probably love it.

Pros

Pay, Great work-life balance, helping people into their chosen field.

Cons

TARGETS and a very long winded candidate journey which you will have to manage.

2 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback, you have highlighted some really positive things about Lifetime as a company, your team and the role you were doing. I am sorry to hear that the role was not suited to what you were looking for. I hope that you find that in your next role and we wish you all the best.

Good company to work for - they care about the learners experience

Business is going through some major changes, which will benefit our learners and coaches. One of these is the investment in a brand new LMS system. There is a high workload but you are appreciated and valued. Management are supportive, genuinely caring and understanding. My line manager is brilliant - objectives are clear and I’m given the freedom to work in my own way, as well as having regular 1-2-1s and team calls. The culture is all about the learner and supporting our coaches. We are rewarded with a decent salary, Perkbox, flexible working and being supported through a Level 5 apprenticeship. There are great opportunities for projects and to develop new skills and work towards improving the learner experience. This is not just a quality assurance role, but a chance to work with a team of coaches to really push standards higher and develop and improve the learner experience.

Pros

High standards, flexible working, excellent IT kit provided, money towards desk and chair for home working, perkbox, quality evolve conversations, opportunities for development

Cons

Sometimes workload is high, but if you speak to your manager they will genuinely look into this and support you.

Future focussed and full of fun expert people

Lifetime really is all about the people, both those that work for them and the learners they teach. i love the culture, the freedom and trust to do my job well and the open and honest nature of the people across all teams. Lifetime paid and supported me through a Diploma in my field of work and I love how the company stretches you and is ever evolving.

Pros

Good salary. Wonderful people. Flexible blended ways of working. Open to change.

Cons

Lots of change sometimes comes at once, some projects can be stressful but no more than any other business, it comes with the job!

8 December 2021
Thanks for your review and your feedback. It is so positive to hear that you are having a life-changing experience

Overworked and underpaid

First of all, if you have children you will find it almost impossible to balance your work/family commitments. Line manager and team are incredible but senior management so detached from the LCs that they just keep piling on the work and shifting their focus every 5 minutes. You will feel that your work is never done and unpaid overtime is a necessary part of the job. Pay has been effectively reduced for anybody with a large caseload. The area you will cover will be impossible to reach and learners dissatisfied with this.

Pros

Team and line manager are all in the same boat so understand pressures.

Cons

Too many to list.

Start well but too many contradictions

Started well with a deep interview and on boarding, unfortunately did not live up to expectations, unfortunately 4 changes of management in 1 year, including 3 changes of group work did not help, very confusing and misdirecting management way.

As we deliver work based learning this can take us to lots of different workplaces and environments to meet our learners , as well as this we also work from home and deliver teaching and training remotely. As regional coaches we each have a case load of learners that we see through to completion, if you want a dynamic and supportive environment then Lifetime can offer that.

Pros

Flexible working, manage your own time, lots of opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Can be fast paced at times in order to meet targets

8 December 2021
Thanks for your feedback, I love that you have identified the positive support you feel you are getting and the relationships you are building with your learners and your colleagues.

Supportive

Great company loads of perks and support, flexible working and good communication. Intense training and support to develop is integral to role. The job is varied and you get to meet loads of interesting people.

Pros

Flexible, manage own time and good bonuses

Cons

Intense training and long distance travel

14 January 2021
Thanks for your review, it is great to have some positive feedback from someone who worked for us previously. Hope you are well.

Very good employer

Plenty of training , support and direction. The company is genuinely concerned about the welfare of employees. This is a place where you feel that you can really make a contribution and make a difference.

14 January 2021
Thanks for your comments. It is truly great to hear such positivity from one of our life-changing people. It is also good to hear that you feel valued and looked after and rest assured you are making a big difference through what you do.

Enjoyed the role, however the SMT are horrendous

The technology they use even though had teething problems was really good. They invest a lot on making sure you have the right tools to do the work. I have to say though it is a company that go by how much you brown nose and not by the quality or performance of individuals. They seem to do good things for you when the BeHeard survey is looming then when it passes they through more targets and put more pressure on you. This happened everytime. I was also informed by the staff at head office that for every bad glass door review they got they made the staff at head office do 5 good ones to fudge the scores. I would say that I worked with some great people and enabled me to learn through them. But at interview just make sure you are not sold a world of greatness because its hard work.

Pros

The technology

Cons

Long hours, SMT & false promises

14 January 2021
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you feel that we invest in you and provide you with the tools to do your job. As you mention our roles can be demanding and we will always have peaks and troughs of activity due to the nature of working to necessary timescales. This is exactly why we have things like our wellbeing platform in place, our Evolve conversations and employee forums in place.You are right in thinking that great things happen in line with our engagement survey and this is usually because this is a great way to hear your voice and get your input in to what needs enhancing so we can action plan accordingly.I can honestly reassure you, as the person who manages our Glassdoor and Indeed page that we do not push our employee reviews to counteract any negative ones but we will encourage our people to leave us honest feedback so that we can celebrate our successes or open up dialogue to makes changes when necessary

Crying and stress leading to depression will become the norm

Worked for the company for 3 years and during that time I felt so under pressure by management; working evenings and weekends to keep up. Work life balance is a joke, with no support when you ask for help. Forget about having a relaxing holiday, there will be about 500+ emails and a mess when you come back regardless of how much you prepare beforehand. Also don't get ill or take compassionate leave, no one will cover your time off. Employees working while ill is common place. If your face doesn't fit, you'll be gone quickly and defiantly no promotion for you. This company is only interested in the money! If they can find a way to make money they will, even at the cost of the employees. Covid showed their true colours - its all about the money. Working with twice the caseloads previously (normally 45, now 90+), with more being added very day. The 'bonus' for doing this, was you only had to work 4 days instead of 5 at the same wage as others on furlough. The targets moved everyday with not care to the learner and their learning experience. But don't think that while you have been brought back to work while others are on furlough that you're job is safe, it isn't.As a learner don't expect quality you're just a number. As an employee don't expect a salary that shows how hard you've worked, support from management and there is no such things as a good work-life balance. Crying, stress and suffering from depression will become the norm.

Pros

Learner interaction and seeing them develop

Cons

Work-life balance, poor management, stressful environment

14 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate that the situation as a result of Covid will have impacted you on both a professional and personal level. As you know Covid had a huge impact on our business and our ways of working and as communicated to you by our CEO we worked hard to put measures in place to mobilise our business as quickly as possible to adapt to such an unprecedented situation, whilst maintaining our commitment to our people and their wellbeing.Like many companies, we had to make essential changes to keep the business functioning and ensure that our people were able to retain their roles during this difficult time. We decided to make full use of the Government’s job retention scheme to ensure that we did not have to make anyone redundant whilst lockdown measures were in place. We also had to make difficult decisions about how we delivered our service as safely as possible which included introducing home working and the situation you have referenced to above whereby some people were furloughed completely whilst others remained essential to the business function, continuing to work in line with business demands and on reduced hours and reduced pay.I am sorry that this impacted you negatively but please be assured we were and continue to be focussed on supporting our people through this difficult time whilst maintaining our business. You mention a number of other areas of the business that you were dissatisfied with and it is always helpful if we have some specific examples of what made you feel like this so that we can contextualise the situation -

Avoid them if you can!

Worst company I ever worked for. Low salaries and no rewards nor bonuses. HR is inexistent as they are supposed to be helping employees, they just don't care. Overall, the company is more focus on money then the well-being of their employees.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, long hours, no progression

14 January 2021
Hi. I am truly sorry that you have had such a negative experience which has left you feeling that Lifetime is more focussed on 'money than the wellbeing of their employees'. As a member of the HR Team I am involved in the people strategy and a significant part of that is ensuring that we have measures in place to help our people with the challenges that their roles may present and to ensure their wellbeing. It concerns me that you may have not been aware of these measures, such as our Wellbeing hub and our employee assistance programme. Understanding your experiences would be helpful to me so if you would like to discuss these further I can be contacted on felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Unrealistic targets and no work life balance

Target driven, no support, terrible experience and one i am glad to have moved on from! Would not recommend this company if you value your mental health!

14 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you have left feeling that you had a poor experience at Lifetime. Any specific examples you could give of what left you feeling like this would be really valuable in helping us to look in to how this may have happened. I can be contacted directly at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Insensitive management

During an unexpected illness they were not supportive and eventually used illness to get rid of me. Team leader had childish actions and excessive pressure.

Pros

Cons

Clicky management

14 January 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. At Lifetime we are committed to fairness and are passionate about ensuring we follow due process with the wellbeing of our people at the forefront of what we do. I am concerned to hear that you did not feel that this was the case and would really appreciate some more details so that we can investigate this matter. Please feel free to contact me directly at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Bullying Culture

This company are really tough to work for. Have a ‘if your face fits’ culture. Management only care about data and forget they are working with people. Had to report unsafe practices to which I was ignored.

Pros

Cons

Poor work life balance, Not taken seriously. Ignored.

14 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback We take the welfare of our employees very seriously including accusations of bullying and reports of 'unsafe practices'. I would appreciate it if you could contact me confidentially to give me further details of these incidents and some examples of how this happened so that we can investigate them. Lifetime takes a zero tolerance approach to bullying or unsafe practice, which are never acceptable or sanctioned within our business. I can be contacted at felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk.

Decent firm

Great on boarding process in Birmingham giving you the skills to complete your job. Can have a bit of a ‘fake’ everyone’s amazing at their job culture. You get praised even if mistakes are made. Work is KPI driven, and you are encouraged to get new learners to sign up even if they may not be right for the apprenticeship. Goal posts always move.

Pros

Flexible work pattern

Cons

Cover a large area.

14 January 2021
Thanks for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you have highlighted a culture of recognition and praise. I will make sure I pass on the feedback regarding changing 'goalposts' and sign ups. We are a quality driven business and we want to make sure that we are delivering to our objectives without compromising the quality of what we are doing. You can always contact me directly to discuss this felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Stressful

This is definitely a ‘if your face fits in’ type of company to work for. Extremely stressful trying to meet targets, working with learners of poor quality because all the company is interested in is money. Who ever your manager is.. if they are stressed out .. you as an RT will be at the receiving end. Negative comments about lifetime are forbidden, if if done in a diplomatic manner.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Stressful job

18 January 2021
Thank you for leaving a review and for giving us feedback on areas you felt could be improved. We have dedicated training for all of our managers to ensure that they are delivering excellence through their teams whilst supporting wellbeing. If this was not the case for you it would be helpful to understand why this was so that we can look at how we can enhance or develop our ways of working and our training. We completely appreciate that our trainers work extremely hard and the role poses challenges but our commitment has always been to evolving ways in which we can mitigate the demands of these challenges; such as encouraging more remote learner visits, training on managing work cycles and a dedicated support and wellbeing hub. I am sorry to hear that these did not meet your needs and that your experience of working at Lifetime was not more positive. If you would like to contact me to give some specific examples of how this happened it would help us to ensure we continue to put people at the forefront of what we do. felicity.white@lifetimetraiing.co.uk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetime Training. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement