Lifeways Group

Lifeways Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,376 reviews

Found 1,376 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,402 reviews

Stressful, no free time.

A job at Lifeways that I was excited about, I got told I was interviewing for a support worker role, ended up being an under paid HCA. Completely different job than what I was told. Lack of communication from management and above throughout my years working for this company. Actively seeking other employment as it’s just ridiculous now. Being under staffed is our fault, doing the jobs of 2 or more staff members is our fault. It’s actually insulting. Being told after working hard through the pandemic and putting in extra hours until some staff are on the verge of a mental breakdown just to stay positive. No care about staffs well being, mental health or the quality of care we can deliver being so short staffed. Really not worth the hassle.

Pros

Flexible. 2 week rolling rota.

Cons

Everything else.

15 August 2022
Hi, we are sorry to hear this. We appreciate all the hard work our colleagues have put in over the pandemic. It’s so important that we have colleagues working for us who enjoy what they do and want to make a real and positive difference to the lives of the people we support.  Our focus is on making sure that we find the right people to do this and we owe it to the people we support to get this right. If any of our colleagues feel that they are struggling to cope then we have programs available and our HR Managers are here to help.

Excellent place to work

I have been with lifeways for 9 months. The training was brilliant and the on going online training is brilliant. I love lone working and love the positive results you get from the PWS when they make strides and change from challenging to positive behaviour. The support from the team leader to line manager is excellent. If you need extra support there is a number to call to get the personal emotional support. I cannot fault the company and the team i work with. Yes it can be stressful but so is any other job. The care sector as a whole are short staffed but our managers are interviewing and employing people. It is hard when you get agency staff unless they have worked with the pws before. I find no fault with the pay but it could be a little more P/H but that is down to the government as we are on the living wage.

Pros

Job satisfaction, helping people improve their lives

Cons

Need more staff

Insights into Lifeways Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Challenging but rewarding

The job itself is challenging but rewarding. Just like across the health and social care sector we struggle with staffing levels and the pay should be more. The teams are fantastic, they support you and pull together when needed. Line managers are readily avaliable to talk to and support you. In all honesty its one of the best jobs I've had.

Pros

Development, rewarding

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, pay

Shambles

Bad company. Was a couple of years ago I worked for them but glad I got out. Higher management are horrendous and not person centred at all. Individuals are amazing but it’s a shame the “head office” management suck.

Bad management

Awful place if you have morales and humanity then this isn’t the place for you .Management don’t care about residents ,just making money . Will take on any clients even if not suitable for home

Awful place

If your thinking of applying here -just don’t Worse place I have ever worked and I’ve worked at some company’s it’s all about the money here not the PWS and definitely not about the staff

Never paid right or on time

I worked here for a short time the long hours 7am til 10pm where difficult when I have children at home although it was close to home it was a support worker role so there wasn’t really much personal care we did have to handle their personal money and their medication overall it was an enjoyable job and not really stressful but getting paid was a joke never on time or the right amount constantly underpaid and having to fight to get money that was owed to me ! So I left I have bills to pay just like everyone else and it’s not much to ask that you get paid for the work you do and paid on time

15 August 2022
Hello, we are sorry to hear you felt this way. We encourage anyone who has issues with pay to bring this to their Area HR Manager. We always try to ensure that all 11,000 colleagues are paid accurately and on time. On occasion, we have had a situation where this has not been the case for a very small number of people.  However small the number, we recognise that this can cause an impact on those colleagues and we immediately put this right.

My own opinion is great

My job is different each day within lifeways. I love helping the people we support. I have progressed in my career with Lifeways from being a support worker to manager and have been supported by most people in Lifeways, especially my team and manager. I cannot comment on other reviews on here but I have seen different at the service I am in, all staff friendly and approachable and a great place to work.

Pros

Friendly place of work, relaxed workplace

Cons

Pay isnt the best but this is made up for in the enjoyment of my job

15 August 2022
Hello, thank you for such a positive review! We are grateful to hear that you have such great things to say about working for Lifeways. Thank you for the hard work of you and your team.

Awful

Management not present for months at a time. No support. Pay is awful. Treated awfully. No work / life balance. Higher management are rude and unapproachable. No set policies or procedures to follow. Just don’t do it.

15 August 2022
Hello, we are sorry to hear you feel this way. We urge anyone who has an issue with management to speak to HR. It’s so important that we have colleagues, including management who enjoy what they do and want to make a real and positive difference to the lives of the people we support. Our pay is also typical for the sector.

support worker

what I will do at work is support them who are vulnerable and need extract support. I will also do personal care which is a care all about the individual an I will learn how close and personal you have to get with the individuals at the place for example in will have to wash, cook , clean , etc to help the individual .

Pros

free lunches

15 August 2022
Hello, thank you for the 4-star review. We are glad to hear you find working at Lifeways so rewarding. We hope you continue to experience the same level of enjoyment in your role.

Apply at your own risk

Poor run company, management are rude and does no care about the daft of the service users nor the staff! Safeguarding is a huge issue! Staff turn over is so high they use so much agency half the time. You won’t get time to sit and eat as you are constantly made to walk around all day. The elderly SU are also made to go out when they should be in a care home not a supported living accommodation. Management higher then the above line manager are just as bad, they never get anything done. A lot of the staff including manager are so rude.

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Long hours, treated bad

15 August 2022
Morning, We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We always appreciate the hard work of our Support Workers and other colleagues. Our focus is on making sure that we find the right people to do this and we owe it to the people we support to get this right. If colleagues do not feel comfortable speaking to their line manager, we encourage them to go to the HR Manager with any issues.

collaboration and team work

It is a residential home for residents with dementia. My day begins by checking the hand over care notes by night staff. Prepare and serve breakfast for residents at the dinning and take meals to other residents in their various rooms. Assist in feeding those that needs assistance and clearing all the plates and cutleries after breakfast. I greet all residents with a lovely cup of tea and we have a nice chat and laugh. I prepare and get them ready for the day by having a shower and getting dressed independently and maintaining dignity. Take dirty clothes to the laundry and ensure their rooms are tidy. I ask them what they would like to have for lunch individually while noting residents with allergies. Ensure they have their lunch and supper, also ensure they take their medication. I enjoy being out and about and meeting new people and assisting them to lead independent lives and to remain in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.I hope this gives you a feel about my typical day

4 August 2022
Hello, thank you for such a positive 5-star review. We are glad to hear you love your job! Thank you for all the hard work you and your team put in each and every day.

Awful place to work

Most of staff was clicky. You was overworked and underpaid. Management only talked to you when they had an issue with you. The PWS doesn't have the best quality of life. It's institutional not supported.

8 August 2022
Hello, we are sorry to hear this. It’s so important that we have colleagues working for us who enjoy what they do and want to make a real and positive difference to the lives of the people we support.  Our focus is the care of those we support. If you believe there is an issue, we hope you raised this to HR. The pay is also standard for the industry.

Poor management and pay is extremely poor

There are no words to describe this company. Really bad management who don't complete paperwork or conduct supervisions, and lack knowledge of diagnoses of the people they are supposed to support. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here or anyones family member or friend to be supported by them.

Pros

You get a care badge for Xmas instead of a bonus...said no one ever!

Cons

Management skills are AWOL, pay is so bad compared to other ISL companies

1 August 2022
Hello, we are sorry to hear you feel this way. We always appreciate the hard work of our Support Workers and other colleagues. If colleagues do not feel comfortable speaking to their line manager, we encourage them to go to the HR Manager with any issues. The pay is also standard for the industry.

Excellent

Very professional in all regards to the management.Found it easy speaking to the manager and all people that I spoke to on the phone , regarding my interview.

Pros

Free lunch

27 July 2022
Hello, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so happy to hear about your positive experiences at Lifeways. It's great to have you as part of the team.

Rewarding

So it's been some years since I worked for this company, so what can I say about it? Well there isn't much to say apart from its not a bad company to work for. I've looked through a few reviews before writing my review and there seems to be a lot of negativity. The company is clear about what it expects of its staff and what the staff should expect from them. I see comments about pay, the pay is the pay your told your hourly rate or your salary when you start if you weren't happy why did you take the job? Management- well they also have a job to do, I found the people that had a lot to say about the management were the laziest people I've ever come across, and when pulled on there lack of competence would get all excited and whip that grievance card straight out of there back pocket.You will get more out of this job than what you put into it as long as your willing to work for it.

27 July 2022
Hello, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you found working at Lifeways so rewarding. We hope you are keeping well.

Super

Love the job and working with client’s, Good training and staff. Good work life balanceLearn lots.Very rewarding job.Never a day I didn’t want to go to work.Spent time working in the office when my clients on holiday and enjoyed the variety of work to do.

Pros

Set

Cons

Super

25 July 2022
Hello, thank you for sharing your great experiences with us. Thank you for the hard work of you and your team.

Given opportunities to go from sw to tl

Hard work can be noticed and praised, staff work well together although sometimes can become stressful under pressure. Enjoyed working here and find it rewarding with the pws.

25 July 2022
Hello, thank you for such a lovely review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Lifeways and that you had the opportunity to progress in your role. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Vile staff bullies to those they support

Treat those they support with destain. Bully them and take advantage eat their food and make fun of them. Horrible staff culture, they need a lot more training for their roles, treat those they support very poorly not at all professional. Management is a joke

Pros

Tring to help those who need it

Cons

Everything, long hours not appreciated

8 August 2022
Hello, we are sorry to hear this. We take any allegation of bullying seriously and always investigate should any behaviour be reported that falls below our high standards. This should be reported to the area HR Manager. We have our own internal quality checks as well as regular inspections from our regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Their reports are available on their website for anyone to see.

Overworked

Ok but expected to work more than contracted. Told to think of the clients first before own mental health.Clients are nice14 hour shifts are hardNo work/life balance

20 July 2022
Hello, we are sorry you feel this way. The health and well-being of all colleagues is extremely important to us. Some of our services do work long days so that shift changeovers do not disrupt day-to-day activities, especially days out with the people we support, but we do appreciate that these are not suitable for everyone. There are also occasions when colleagues who are sick are unable to work and we do ask other colleagues if they are available to cover a shift if they would like to. We prefer to give the opportunity for additional shifts to our own Lifeways colleagues first, but no one is under any obligation to work additional hours if they do not wish to. If you would like to discuss this further we would encourage you to speak with your Manager or local area HR Manager.

Typical type of job new learning for me hope to enjoy had fun to support and care of residents

Trainings updates and policies procedures at work in order support and care each individual according to their care plan for positive outcomes for residents needs .

19 July 2022
Hello, Thank you for such a positive review. We are happy to hear your induction training has gone so well. A warm welcome to the team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement