Lifeways Group

Lifeways Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,350 reviews

Found 1,350 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,374 reviews

Not bad overall

Not a bad place to work overall I don't find it person centered but if it was would be a truly great place to work Staff members help eachother which is nice

Don't do it to yourself, you are better than that

Work/life is really down to you, they lie to get you to do stuffManagement is useless, 4 months till I met anybody higher than a TLThey don't care.You will be left alone constantly when you shouldn't be.Rules are only rules when they want them to be.Basically you are wrong they are right.

Insights into Lifeways Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Nice place to work

There is strong culture of support and development. Opportunities to learn are there if you ask and seek out. Salary not the best but certainly not the worst in the area and is in line with the care sector. Everyone is helpful and approachable from support workers to the MD. I've worked in many a toxic workplace and SIL is definitely not one. Friendly and a collaborative its a really nice place to work.

Nice place to work

Everyone is friendly, approachable from the MD down to the support workers. Communication is very good and are kept up to date with company news and processes. Salaries maybe improved but I believe are competitive in care sector. Work / life balance is important and SIL have been open minded in what works for company and individual alike. Collaborative approach to development and opportunities to grow are there if you ask.

Poor company

Very unprofessional management and seniors. Very stressful environment.Cliquey.The responsibilities of the role are not reflected in the pay. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.

Don't Do It

Worked at Bridge of Don for many years, management showed favouritism to certain staff. Holiday requests often forgotten and even when you're on holiday management call you to cover shifts. Management quickly promoted, but useless. Alot of pressure to do extra shifts when managers plan the rota wrong. Certain management power hungry. Service Users are an after thought. Service Users often doubled up when understaffed.

Good place

Good place to work to workHas been a very stimulating experience Was good start for a first support worker jobCo workers were helpful and management was also quite helpful with any inconvenience I had

Great service users

The people we supported where great the management was awful and no comment what’s so ever .few staff members that were also great to work with and others that were clearly employed to fill a position

Pros

Service users

Cons

Fun job, but terrible company to work for.

The job is extremely rewarding, challenging and a lot of fun. The individuals I look after are brilliant, and generally the staff team in my service work well together. The company itself however is awful. Dreadful communication from managers, rotas come out with less than 1 weeks notice so you can't plan your life at all. You get harassed on your days off, even on annual leave, to cover shifts. There is casual law breaking going on within the company when it comes to employment rights and pay is routinely wrong. Staff are massively overworked and underpaid.

Pros

The people we support

Cons

Low pay, terrible management, no breaks.

Do not work for this company

No work life balance. Head office are unreliable. Wages usually incorrect. Head office do not value the good staff they have or had. All at once you get bombarded with lots of online training, not able to do training at work. Only management allowed on computer at work. Wages finally up to £9.50 an hour but sleep over rate still £25.75 I thought all wages if day or night working should have I creased.

Pros

They put you to work in a location that is far from where you live and they do not help with fares.

Cons

Long hours, wages usually incorrect, they do not value staff

My role was Night Support Worker, quite a responsible job, made easier and more enjoyable when working with motivated and keen to learn staff.

Overall experience was very good, with good communication between day and night staff.Support and communication from management were easily available if required, which greatly eased the quite steep learning curve when undertaking this role.

Pros

Good communication between staff, Pension scheme, on Night Support was a regular shift pattern which aided the work/home balance.

Cons

Usual cons when working regular nights, and pay benefit for night work could be improved.

Good work

Good environment to work within and always information available on any issues you may have or support you may need. All training paid and quick process

Fantastic Process Easy & Quick

I got offered the job on the same day I had the interview, fantastic process, lovely interviewers, no hassle at all, the whole thing was straight forward and I can’t wait to start.

Fun place

I enjoyed working there for 4 years till we had new manager and they was rubbish at there job keep well away Gloucestershire places long hours and no thank you for doing it and just stab you in the back all the time

Ok

Pros Good place to work, very relaxing most of the time, day trips and holidays Cons, lack of staff, high staff turnover, lack of communication at times.

Worst experience in health and social care in 25 years

Awful. Manager was incompetent.Home was absolutely filthy. Induction was terrible.Practice and person centres approaches was so poor.I would never allow a family member to be cared for in this environment..... seriously need for improvement in almost all areas.

Depends on your MANAGER

All depends on how good you are with the manager, whether there's great communication and understanding. If there isn't it will be a bad place to work at! Been through 5 different managers clearly shows upper management is the problem at lifeways making drastic changes to benefit there pockets only. You get some bad colleagues but its ok they don't last long anyways. If you planning to advance further lifeways isn't the place for you, most support workers have opted for team leaders posts only to come back to support workers as Upper management expects tooo much of them inc managers. They literally just dump new service users to places as its quick money without doing proper checks or compatibility. Only do this job if you care about people you support as money is minimum and dont expect great credit from everyone as the company simply doesn't care they are just numbers and so are you.

Good staff

They have good staff but do not want to pay a decent wage. Support from management is poor. Never get answers to queries. Not given tools to do the job

Pros

Good team work

Cons

No support

Lovely environment and personnel

Great place to work and service users are fantastic.I feel great to be here and the environment is clean and tidy. Cant wait to start my career journey.

Exciting and lovable and their is so much joy working there.

It is the most fun place ever. And you get to care for other people which make you a great person.The people there are very nice, our manager is a friendly person.

Support worker

Good job but paid wrong, get help when needed most of time, but this job isn’t about the money although it would be nice to be appreciated by management sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement