Lilian Faithfull Care

Lilian Faithfull Care Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom26 reviews

carestaffmanagementworkcompanyteamtraininglilian

Fun work place

Family and respectful… The residents deserve all attention and respect they’re the most important people in there … The salary could be better … easy to work .

Person entered care supported by a committed,caring team.

Lilian faithful care provides a high level service to its residents, care is person centred and the standards are maintained by staff having an excellent induction and continuous access to training.Senior management are visible, approachable and make the effort to reward staff for their hard work.

Insights into Lilian Faithfull Care

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

A friendly and warm place to work.

I've worked for Lilian Faithfull Care for almost 4 years as a chef and I can easily say that they are one of the best care homes to work for. The only disadvantage is that the pay is quite low for a chef (which is actually understandable as they're a charity). Career progression is brilliant here, if you want to progress within your role they'll do absolutely everything to put you on courses and trainings which is amazing! Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you're looking for a job in care you'll be happy here. Believe me. :)

Lilian Faithfull Care

A friendly company to work for, Management are approachable and supportive. COVID has been challenging but I have felt safe and well supported during this time.

Pros

Friendly Atmosphere

Stressful, no support from management, just a poor company to work for.

The biggest downside to this company is the management. The staff are lovely but overworked and constantly stressed and unhappy. They’re promised things in their interview that never happen as well as being promised other things just to keep them there. The company lost many staff over the last year and put it down to covid, when really it’s because they have 0 respect for their staff. All they care about is money and keeping the home full of residents regardless of the staff dropping like flies. The pay is all over the place different staff with same qualifications and same role on different rates, mainly because they’ve paid new staff higher to get them to join the team. Can’t keep any care or nursing staff, but don’t care when they leave. Their go to moto is ‘it is what it is’ they expect you to break you back and bend over with a constant happy face, when you’re constantly stressed and miserable but they don’t and never will care. As long as the place looks good on paper that’s all that matters. Never mind the fact they bribe and blackmail staff to work when cqc are due in… avoid if you want to actually be happy and feel valued.

Pros

Meeting life long friends and caring for residents

Cons

Everything else

Don’t work for this company!!

You get told one thing then it’s a totally different matter! It’s all false, it’s all about business with management, they do not care about residents or staff as long as the rooms are filled up! Very short staffed! Very stressful, tough and weaken! Rotas are always changed or you are being pestered on your days off asking to come in! You will not see management help on the floor! Over time rate is rubbish and so is pay! If you speak you views or values to management it gets thrown back in your face! They don’t want to listen to staff! What residents pay for it’s not worth it! Staff always feeling guilty because there rushing around! Seems to be quantity rather than quality! Lots of favouritism with staff. Seen better care homes despite being short staff!

Pros

Residents

Cons

Under staff, rota, pay and poor management!

Nice job,when don't need rush

Nice job without rush.Important clean good-not fast... Work with lovely residents.This Care Home can give flexible hour,lunch just for 1£,nice christmas bonus.

Pros

Lunch just for 1 £

Cons

a few worker, which never helped, ignore

Ok if your face fits

Previous management were friendly and supportive. Higher management were not and were far from helpful. Poor pay compared to other places and poor access to equipment needed with operations manager often saying it’s too expensive. The majority of the team were fantastic and provided outstanding care but were exhausted from the long hours we worked and being short staffed often. Senior management were often stirring the pot within the home causing a divide in the team especially between the day and night staff.

Pros

Residents, £1 meals, management and team

Cons

Senior management, short staffed, low pay, long hours

Investors in staff providing jobs with a real sense of fulfilment

I've worked for the company for many years ,and in that time they have invested and supported my on my career pathway, from care assistant to registered manager.The company ethos is one of family , they have supported me through difficult personal circumstances as they do all staff.Job security is very important to me ,and this is something that the company offers.Working for a charity gives a real sense of fulfilment knowing that the work we provide makes a difference to others.

Pros

Very rewarding work, supportive company, excellent benefits, job security, excellent career progression.

Poor senior managment

Lovely residents and some staff are lovely too, however the higher management at Lillian Faithfull care are disgraceful and do not care about there staff or their feelings. They are arrogant and all they want to do is boss people around, not interested in giving praise to them who deserve it. They do not deal with concerns in accord to what they should be either, prioritizing the wrong things also. Such a shame. Also talk about basically blackmailing staff work to ensure there is the correct, legal amount of staff working whilst CQC is visiting... They should do a surprise visit, they would then be shocked!!!

Pros

£1 lunches

Cons

Unprofessional senior management

Not recommended!

When you want to work for the company where you will be only a number not an indyvidual unique person who cares for residents - this is the place for you!

Pros

lovely residents and carers who really care

Cons

treating staff as a number not indyvidually

Inclusive and inviting workplace, compassionate management and opportunity to thrive

Lovely place to work, live and visit! Happy atmosphere with staff going above and beyond to deliver a first class service to its residents; families and staff. The current Home Manager is compassionate, welcoming and genuine. He treats all members of staff with a friendly and personal but professional manner.Everyday I learnt new information from either staff or residents, with good staff-resident relations encouraged. Management are on top of their game at all times and each resident is taken care of with all their individual needs considered.

Pros

Hot or cold meals for £1pd, Incentives, Good Atmosphere, Noticeable Gratitude

Cons

Stressful at times, mentally and physically challenging

Care Assistants Nights

Plenty of support and you actually see the Management unlike other corporate providers. Nobody is perfect but at least they listen here. Glad I joined :)

Care work

No support given by management to night team.. Company portray they care but no different to any other care company profit before people. Training opportunities aren't offered to night team.. Lots of blame within this company poor communication.

what i learned and the most enjoyable part of the job.

To me the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the good impact i have on the residents of the home and seeing how just spending a little time to ask how they are doing and feeling can change their mood for the day. I have learnt good communication skills and how to put things across clearly. I have also done first aid training.

Bad management

Management are not good. They are looking how to make money and they don't care about employees well being. Very bad organisation of work. It is charity but this is a family business as there is a wife ( director ), a husband ( handyman ), a son ( manager ) and daughter-in-law ( receptionist ). Well... All in the family...

Pros

Nice building and that's about it

Cons

Everything. Don't go to work for them.

not the same

The home has never been the same since our last manager left, he was very friendly and got on well with all the staff. Lillian Faithfull should have kept him.

Pros

good team members

Cons

manager

Care Assistant

Great place to work - feel safe working for Lilian Faithfull. You get a good feeling and its rewarding coming in every day. Family is important and they definitely put residents first.

Pros

Job security and they care about you

Caring, professional and enjoyable place to work.

As part of the finance team I work on the purchase ledger dealing with the companies that supply us. I help to ensure that we are being correctly invoiced so that we can make timely, accurate payments and keep an eye on costs. I also deal with resident accounts for their purchases. I enjoy all aspects of my job from the great team that I work with to the encouragement given to learn more skills as well as working on new ideas to help with process. It is rewarding to feel as part of the LFC family all pulling in the same direction.

Great Charity to work for

A great Charity to work for where work life balance is well thought out. There is a far higher ratio of Carers to Residents within the Homes when compared to others in the market. Competitive salaries with year on year pay increases as well as a other benefits are part of the Lilian Faithfull ethos.

Pros

Competitive pay, subsided staff meals, death in service benefits as well as many others

Carer

Good support, you feel part of something different. Of course it's hard work, but great team spirit. Plenty of training and approachable Home Manager.

Pros

Pay, team, job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lilian Faithfull Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lilian Faithfull Care with

Learn about Lilian Faithfull Care in popular locations

• Lilian Faithfull Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?