Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Working at Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: Latest Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Older Adult Division .

A caring and compassionate division to work and feel supported. They accommodate many needs such as flexible working and make reasonable adjustments for me to work to my best. Recent changes in Executive Team have been managed well and current CEO is inspirational, honest, caring and value based in her approach.

Pros

Support, advice, confidence.

Flexible and supportive

I have worked for LPFT for 15 years and is my first NHS experience. Prior to that I had worked in education and private industry, neither of which were as supportive and flexible as LPFT is to its staff. Yes the work can be challenging, yes it can be stressful but yes, you are supported by good leaders. A lot of investment is given to development, training, career opportunities, wellbeing support and it is there if you want to take it up. My manager is flexible with my working hours and now with TEAMS, working from home is a huge benefit to me. A 'speak up' culture is welcomed and positive challenge is encouraged. The Trust is working hard to recruit and support its BAME colleagues, welcomes anyone who identifies with a protected characteristics and positively celebrates difference. Come and join our team...you won't regret it.

Pros

Flexible working, working from home, supportive manager, training opportunities

Cons

None for me

Insights into Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Supportive teams with staff well-being a top priority

This is an exceptional organisation and the people who work here are the best. If you are looking for a role where you work hard, deliver results and are supported in doing so please consider joining us. We work hard to make sure our staff are at the heart of everything we do. We believe that if we support our people then our people will support our patients and carers. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the support you get from the people you work with and the knowledge that if you work hard it will feel satisfying. Our results speak for themselves (visit our website www.lpft.nhs.uk) and we welcome applications from all walks of life - recruiting for people skills and values - and providing training and support to develop your skills. I have worked for the Trust for over 10 years and I have seen the organisation grow and develop its culture, putting people first. People who leave LPFT to work elsewhere for promotion often tell me that this is the best Trust by a mile that they have ever worked for. Come and talk to us if you are interested in an exciting new future working in a progressive, caring, inclusive and compassionate employer. Thank you for considering LPFT.

Pros

Focus on staff well-being; friendly, compassionate colleagues and the opportunity to develop your clinical, managerial and leadership skills.

Cons

None.

Rewarding job within a supportive, caring organisation

I feel supported at work to provide excellent care to the patient group who are always the priority. Local team and the wider division are supportive of new initiatives to improve patient outcomes. The organisation enabled me to work flexibly, both with hours and location of work during the pandemic to meet changing childcare needs so I am able to balance work and home commitments too. This made a difficult situation less stressful! I always feel valued at work by colleagues, my line manager and senior management.

Pros

Nurturing, supportive team and division. Supported to grow professionally.

Cons

n/a

Good for career development

I have worked as a nurse in LPFT for the last 16 years. During this time I have been supported to progress my career; having the opportunity for further academic study as well as training appropriate to my role as a nurse. I love working for LPFT and truly believe in the Trust values of compassion, integrity, valuing everyone, innovation, collaboration and pride. The organisation cares about the wellbeing of its' staff and has an excellent staff wellbeing/emotional support service.

Pros

Staff wellbeing service and career development

Cons

A fast-paced but supportive place to work

I have worked for the Trust for 8 years, and it is without doubt the best employer that I have worked for. Staff are supportive and friendly, and I have found the culture to be a good mixture of challenge and fairness. As with all NHS Trusts during recent years, there is a high level of workload and a fast pace of change, but this helps to bring people together and results in the Trust valuing its staff more than ever. I have also found that the Trust supports staff development and training.

Pros

NHS terms and conditions, supportive team environment

No support, no progression, poor management

You can work your behind off for them and it will still get you back stabbed, no support, no progression, no loyalty, lies.. man do they lie.. right in your face as well.

Pros

None any more

Cons

To many to list

Supportive employer

LPFT has a family feel to it - staff are friendly and happy to help each other. Having developed my career within LPFT it has lots of opportunities for progression and Mental Health nationally has meant additional funds for training and development too.

Pros

Welcome payment for nurses, min 27 days holiday, paid special leave, pension scheme with 14% employer contribution, flexible working

Fantastic Employer

LPFT is a wonderful place to work with a supportive leadership culture, lots of opportunities for development and training plus innovative in its approach. I have worked for the Trust for over a decade and think it is definitely a brilliant employer. A typical day doesn't occur in the HR department as you could be managing a complex employee relations matter or supporting recruitment of a new service. It is a busy place to work but I have a supportive team who always go the extra mile to help our managers.

Pros

Pension scheme, min 27+ days annual leave free car parking

Cons

The best place i have ever worked

LPFT was one of the most incredible companies to work for. Work colleagues wear amazing. Tea moral was always high. Managemenr were great. Nothing bad to say.

Pros

Lovely caring company

Cons

Cant think of any

Too busy making money only

I still work for this Trust as can’t get another job even though trying. It is awful. There is a huge culture of bullying which has got worse, not better. Unqualified staff are working as nurses in the community, where caseloads are high and risk high. Management are too busy trying to make the Trust look good for CQC which is a farce in itself. This is because so much is hidden. Mental health problems and butnout is common but brushed under the carpet. If you balue your own mental health please do not come to this Trust.

Productive and fun place

I had a fantastic time working in the trust. It was difficult for me to travel from London to Lincoln and that has caused me load of travel and hotel expenses that I was unable to claim back through my company.

Avoid, waste of time!

Super hard to get a job with them, high turnover as managers have ridiculous expectations. Relatively low pay for what they expect you to know. No chance of promotion or career development as managers are happy for you to stay where you are. I would urge any one reading this not to apply for any of their jobs. It's just waste of time and it is really not worth it in the long run.

9 June 2021
Hi there, Thanks for your comment, we'd appreciate having a conversation with you about your experience working for LPFT. If you are happy to, please would you contact the HR Department on lpft.hrhub@nhs.net. We look forward to hearing from you. HR Hub LPFT

Avoid the IAPT Roles

I worked in the IAPT service. I had a supervisor who as incompetent and a bully. This supervisor failed to keep up to date with the latest teaching, or recommended protocols for interventions. This supervisor would give instructions that were not relevant to the course we were studying and were related to the university the supervisor had studied at 4 years previously. This supervisor would tell her trainees in public in front of a witness, that they were here to support them if they needed help. However, when her trainees requested her help, she was always too busy and dismissive. On more than one occasion this supervisor changed the date and time of a mental health intervention group because she wanted to go to a gym class. Not caring about the impact of this on her trainees and the people who were attending those classes. This supervisor reduced all of her trainees to tears, lost trainees work, attended clinical skills, and case management sessions with her trainees late. She would then blame the trainees and state that they were the ones who could not present the cases correctly. This supervisor left her trainees with old and outdated worksheets, and group handouts to use for a group session. When complaints were made about the group, and this was uncovered the trainees were told off, and the supervisor who should have been overseeing the trainee criticized the trainees publicly. When one of the trainees after months of what can only be described as chronic, poor, bullying supervision sessions contacted management to discuss various issues. The trainee was told -

Best place I've ever worked

LPFT is a wonderful place to work and I'm really shocked to see such reviews about it. It is an innovative trust with staff and management constantly striving to provide the best care for patients' The pharmacy department is also a brilliant department and really deserve awards for their brilliant patient centered care and approach for all of the wards and teams!

Management Un-Supportive and Bullying

Considering it is a mental health trust they do not support mental health within their teams and employee's. Management bleed the trust of their money, people in the fields and lower paid roles work hard and never get any recognition nor fairly paid for it. They make more and more roles in higher paid roles and then promote their friends etc 100% if your face fits. They put so much pressure on the staff to perform and its too much workload for the amount of people.

Pros

Cons

Massive workload

9 June 2021
Hi there, Thanks for your comment, we'd appreciate having a conversation with you about your experience working for LPFT. If you are happy to, please would you contact the HR Department on lpft.hrhub@nhs.net. We look forward to hearing from you. HR HubLPFT

Management a joke

Management totally unsupportive. Very high staff sickness rates with staff off with stress. Very miserable place to work. Know many people who felt the same and left. If I could give less than 1 I would.

Pros

Cons

Bad for your health!

No support whatsoever

No guidance, no training and no support during the probationary period. If a new employee fails to meet their expectations they would rather sack them than help them achieve their potential. No caring for the carers in this shambolic organisation.

Pros

Cons

No support

9 June 2021

Mainly in meetings or visiting Trust premises to meet staff and patients. Culture has improved over the last few years and the CQC rating has moved from 'Requires Improvement' to Good' with a rating of 'Outstanding' for 'Well Led'.

Hard work.

No two days are the same so there is no 'typical work day', I have learned to be flexible, adaptable to change, learn new methods of working. Judge my work capabilities, adjust them to work in with targets, KPI dates and other team members. The Management team expect a lot from staff, including decision making outside of their Job Role, necessary for job continuation. The hardest part of the job was to obtain unachievable targets without full staffing in place. It placed stress upon all levels of staffing. Working with all levels of staff, seeing people achieve what they thought would not be possible. Working within a diverse team, hard work but Job Satisfaction and person focus kept you getting up and keep going for others not just for the money.

Pros

Job Satisfaction, working for others, it's not all about money.

Cons

Long Hours, Targets, KPI's

Bullying and blame culture

I worked for LPFT for 8 years in the Community Mental Health Team and then the IAPT service. Over that period I witnessed incompetence, inefficiency, bullying and poor service provision. I had to compromise on my ethical stance on a daily basis as clinical decisions were taken away from me and I was continually made to work with service users that were inappropriate. When service users didn't reach 'recovery', staff were put under pressure by managers. (If 30 - 40% of your case load is inappropriate for your particular intervention, It becomes a real challenge to provide the necessary support that is likely to lead to 'recovery'.) If you are a genuine, compassionate caring practitioner hoping to help your patient for the highest good, I advise you NOT TO WORK FOR THIS TRUST. If you are career minded and willing to become friends with the right people,you can progress further into the mire, but at what cost to your own self esteem and self respect? Think long and hard before working for this Trust.

Pros

Secure work

Cons

As above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement