Lindt & Sprüngli

Lindt & Sprüngli Employee Reviews

Was initially a fun place to work but very quickly was spoiled by out of touch corporate demands and management, very little support during high trading seasons despite queues out of the door. The base problem was a lack of staffing which lead to slips in service standards and honestly badly affected the store's revenue. Corporate saw this and instead of hiring more staff cut staff to cover the projected losses, having the inverse effect and losing them money.
The business was so focussed on customers they didn't care about their staff at all. Head office staff are celebrated and given so much stuff, in retail, you can work 12-hour shifts and not even be given a thank you. Shocking communication between stores and head office, leading to very aggressive customers in store which we had to placate. So so much sales pressure, and patronizing management which undermine you. Salary did NOT meet the expectations of the role, they need to pay more
Pros
Generous discount.
Cons
Long hours, chronic underappreciation of retail staff
While the sales team who worked there are lovely, management is a whole different issue. When I worked there, there were days when I left there crying. If you are not the managers favourite you are treated as worthless and whatever you do isn't good enough. At one point your even critiqued on how fast you carry and put out 10kg of stock. Management made my experience absolutely terrible and I had to leave that environment where absolutely everything you do isn't enough even though there were people who would only do half of their work clothes. Sales targets are more important than you and you are often put in competition and that leads to other employees stealing sales which were yours or scanning things through incorrectly in order to up their sales.
Fantastic culture and a fast paced, strong growth, busy environment. Year on year growth for the past 10 plus years A chance to grow personally and professionally Strong management team with a 5 year plan Culture based on the individual High expectations of all staff members
Great company. Really good culture. The company really focuses on values and work life balance which is brilliant for an FMCG company. Brilliant benefits.
Lindt provided a work life balance but in peak season when it was busy it was very busy. Management allowed you to manage your own day and we not micromanaged.
The colleagues in Lindt are friendly and helpful without concerning the race. We work together, helping each other as a team for achieving our target.
One of the best companies I have worked with, friendly enviroment and everone is hardworking however still have time to discuss and assist in an query;'s.
Pros
Best chocolates
Cons
No malls to visit during lunch break
Avoid - Very poor management team at the Bridgend outlet. Treat staff poorly and rotas are set around the preferences of the management team. Very inflexible.
Cons
Amazing chocolate- BAD company to work for. If you want to be treated unfairly, work all the hours under the sun (whilst management have perfect shifts that only apply to them- eg no late shifts and weekends off) and be spoken to like garbage- this is the company for you. Higher management also do not care, as long as they are taking the money!! Don't waste your time- trust me.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
Company, management, unfairly treated
Great place to work, lovely team. Awesome perks in the form of free coffee allowance and nice company car. Sadly the manager I had wasn’t so great, but the company itself is amazing
Great team culture, with a can-do attitude. People make this company so special. Learned so much since I joined. Would highly recommend this company.
I am currently working at lindt gunwarf quays, I enjoy working with the team and being put under pressure whilst having responsibilities of being a key holder and being responsible for other or new members of staff when the manager or assistant manager aren't within the store. overall I would say a lovely supportive place to work.
Pros
supportive, friendly, enjoyable.
Cons
Long unsociable hours.
Team culture and reward schemes are very much encouraged here and making people feel special is a vital part of everyday. Everyone including management is exceptionally motivational here and is always very willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job is trying not to eat all the chocolate!
Lindt has a great culture where people are willing to help you from any department. Everyone is very friendly and social. Everyday is different which keeps it interesting at work.
Loved working here. You get looked after a lot. Staggering gym and occasional free lunches. Free chocs and agile working hours. Free ample parking. .
Pros
Free chocs
Cons
None really
The staff that I got a pleasure to work with were incredibly supportive and fun to be around which made every working day an enjoyable one. They taught me many skills and I have recommended this company to many people.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Who would not love a part time job being surrounded by the best chocolate in the world. The staff and the head office management are just second to none
Relationship building Merchandising Driving Creating agendas and managing schedules Marketing strategies Data analysis Powerpoint presentations to management
Pros
Free travel, good management, great bonus's
Cons
lack of progression, basic salary
the managers where always in the back of the shop chatting away i was being under paid singled out not enough hours given. got sent home early 5 days before christmas not busy enough
Pros
discount
Cons
not busy enough
your typical day was you done your days work and had a joke or two nothing to serious unless it needed to be. and came together to solve any problems.
Pros
fun
Cons
hours varied
  1. Employee reviews