Lineage Logistics

Lineage Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,873 reviews

Unappreciated at times

On the face of it, the job seems okay, but after years of working, you realise that you are just a number, and not always appreciated as you would be in a small family business. Having said that, I still really enjoyed my 13 years at Yearsley/Lineage

Shocking

If you like chaos and aggressive intolerant management then your made. They are only interested in getting stuff in and out, health and safety is not even an option most of the time and orders are often given not requests. Even if you leave this company on good terms they don’t give references even if you call and email the HR department for weeks ( pretty poor really considering ). I’d like to say they treat you as a number but more like something they stepped in on the street and scrapped off into a drain. Many issues to be found with equipment not fit for purpose but never addressed.

Insights into Lineage Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Alright place to work

I worked there for 2 years it was alright the hours wasn’t very good for me as was on 2 till 10 the equipment is a bit old nice people management isn’t the best over all alright place to work

Avoid!

Was hired as a checker and was let go within a month as I wasn’t performing to lineage standards. As the person that was training me pretty much wanted to do the job himself and left me it’s nothing to do most afternoons and undermining me most of the time bearing in mind I was still learning the role at the time. Mickey Mouse could run the place better no organisation and management just marched me out the the building mid shift after I was let go and just gave me a vague reason as to why they were letting me go. Basically they didn’t really have a proper role for me by the looks of it because at my interview I was told I was a checker but about a month in I was told I was a ‘picker and checker’ no training was given to be a picker they don’t have a clue honestly

Pros

Cons

Management are idiots

Excellent place to work for

Great company to work for excellent opportunity & loads of perk's including in the job the best place I've ever worked they treat you as part of a team there is plenty of opportunities to go further in the company the more you do the better you get appreciated & can continue to grow within the company fantastic pension scheme & the factory shop is so amazing with very generous discounts can't recommend this job enough

Pros

Great perks with massive discounts in house shop great pay on overtime plus lots more benefits

Cons

Late nights

Pretty chilled bunch of people

Hard work and fast paced most of the time but the three breaks make up for it. Chilled bunch of people, can have a laugh and be yourself, which makes the manual handling work seem more like a workout than a job.

Pros

3 breaks, only 1 unpaid

Cons

Some heavy loads, cancelled or delayed wagons

Terrible company

Uk senior management haven’t got a clue! Attitude towards Health and Safety is shocking and have no qualms about putting their staff in danger with their decision making.Senior management make decisions that site are unable to perform and then ridicule the site for not achieving the targets.

Pros

Site staff perform well under pressure

Cons

Senior uk management

6 January 2022
We appreciate the feedback and would like to discuss your experiences with our leadership team. If you’re comfortable, please contact TAG@lineagelogistics.com or file a report through our ethics hotline. Information for the ethics hotline is on our website at www.lineagelogistics.com/ethics-and-compliance-lineage.

Not bad at all

Worked on night shift and had to leave of own accord. Just gave everyone a pay rise so was good money for the area I'm finding out as moved to another company. My manager and supervisors were sound but upper management on site were absent and useless from all I hear. Machinery was outdated but same as most warehouse work. Good bunch on my back end of week shift. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Good bunch to work with

Cons

Machinery a bit old and used.

6 December 2021
Thank you for the feedback. We’re working hard to build a positive (culture, management team, work-life balance) at Lineage and we’re glad you see that.

Could have been a fantastic job if only there wasn't so much favouritism.

Very easy work.The kit although fairly new, has plenty of damage.Office, although friendly enough, will allocate the best trucks to there favourite drivers. You get what's left.The same goes for the runs. Long servers are treated like they run the company and get the best runs.Expect to sit in the yard for at least three to four hours before leaving to still do your same work.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Way to clicky with huge favouritism, . Treat people equally and you won't be looking for drivers so much

6 December 2021

Stay away, poor pay lack off respect

Poisonous atmosphere and culture of back stabling in office, hours are poor with best jobs delt to those most in favour, transport manager and planers clueless

Pros

4 on 4 off offers great work / home life balance

Cons

3 day pay week on 4 on 4 off, 30 min deducted out off overtime rate, no guaranteed min hours

9 November 2021

Staff not valued

Senior management within business clueless and cause most of the issues that other managers have to sort out.No acknowledgment for success and hard work , only get on if you get along with the right people.Shop floor staff make the business and get treated poorly.

Pros

Working with some people

Cons

No succession, long hours

absolutey horrible and depressing

higher ups such as team leaders and managers talk to and treat staff very poorly and constantly try to use intimidation as a fear tactic to make you stay in the job. the work is highly depressing. the contract states you must request new ppe when it is no longer fit for purpose yet they take months to issue it to you. they never check requests for holidays and when they do it is extremely rare they will grant them. overall it is a horrible workplace.

Pros

3 free hot drinks a day

Cons

long hours, horrible management

11 October 2021
The behavior described in this review does not align with Lineage’s code of conduct or our values. We appreciate the feedback and would like to discuss your experiences with our leadership team. If you’re comfortable, please contact TAG@lineagelogistics.com or file a report through our ethics hotline. Information for the ethics hotline is on our website at https://www.lineagelogistics.com/ethics-and-compliance-lineage

The worst place I ever worked

Will sub all the work out instead of giving you hours staff dont know what they are talking about and just hate each department, lot of gossip in such a workplace and why?? I WISH I knew life is too short to talk behind your back and be mean to each other it's pointless, obviously no 1 is perfect so instead of being professional some people chose not to be, "ignoring" the problems going on around doesn't make you professional I'm afraid and one last thing typical in such places is favoritism of course they have people that they like and let them get away with everything and other hard working people like myself that couldn't stand that anymore.

Pros

Not so bad salary

Cons

Everything else

17 September 2021
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re dedicated to building a rewarding collaborative culture, so we'd like to discuss this further. If you’re comfortable, please contact TAG@lineagelogistics.com.

Fun work colleagues, bad top management

They need to sort out the salary for the workers. The people at the top have forgotten how hard the job can be and how much the cost of living has gone up!!

14 September 2021
We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback and would like to discuss your thoughts. If you’re comfortable, please contact TAG@lineagelogistics.com.

Not valued

Worked there for 3 years , uk senior management a joke , just about covering their jobs.Upset to leave but felt undervalued , no work / life balance and do not listen to experienced managers with knowledge of site operations

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Expected long hours and on call

27 July 2021

Good company very poor management

The job is OK but management don't listen to your concerns, transport is run by clueless staff and they keep losing drivers because of this. Wages are poor. There are no guaranteed hours so if you do 4on 4off some weeks you may only do 30 hours.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Terrible management

13 July 2021

Worst place to work

Couldnt find a worse place if u tried management dont care about you or your health they have u working your best and dont get thought of they have there favourites and that's it

Cons

Back breaking

14 June 2021

Job security non existent poorly run from office in heywood

Will sub all the work out instead of giving you hours staff dont know what they are talking about and just hate each departmentNo responsibility taken by anybody for errors.

Pros

Get to meet some nice people at deliverys

26 April 2021
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're disappointed you had a negative experience and we'd like to discuss this further. If you’re comfortable, please contact TAG@lineagelogistics.com

Horrible place to work no regards for staff

Worst place I've ever worked.. the equipment is shocking the conditions are a nightmare and there's no real organisation as to whats coming in and going out of the place.. I wouldn't recommend working for this company

10 March 2021
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. If you’re comfortable, we'd like to discuss this further. If so, please contact feedback@lineagelogistics.com

Look somewhere else

Was a great company to work for and at another site probably is. Management haven't got a clue, make it up as they go along, have their favourites. No progression, no training, no appraisals, some staff have no contracts. Agency paid more than new starters. Too busy most of the year and company gets through thanks to the good will of a few employees. If you want a career then look elsewhere unless your willing to suck up to Management then you might get the scraps of opportunity. You can earn more putting cans on the shelve in a supermarket and have more training and chance of promotion.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

No career progression

17 February 2021

Overall I would not recommend working for lineage.

A brief review as a current employee. The health and safety is not acceptable. The hygiene and cleanliness is also not acceptable.I have Met a lot of decent people in my time there however, racism tends to be quite popular amongst its staff and management. I have done various roles within the company all of them being ok.

Pros

Pay is a little better than some other warehouse type jobs, Tends to Have plenty of overtime opportunities

Cons

A lot of racism. Health and safety is preached but definitely not practiced, can be quite a dangerous place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lineage Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lineage Logistics with

• Lineage Logistics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?