Linear Recruitment

United Kingdom29 reviews

Insights into Linear Recruitment

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Learned a lot of new skills and very helpful

Very helpful and well mannered learned a lot of new skills and met loads of new people. Found me jobs close and easy to get transport to and from the job

Slow, dull and physically and mentally exhausting.

I joined the team, and had to leave after not long at all due to how awful the workplace is. Linear management have no idea what they are doing. I got the job within three days, no interview or checks on the person and they just don’t care. Got to the sports direct wear house, where linear did not give me a payroll until 20+ minutes into the induction which was supposed to be done beforehand, staff were rude and seemed bothered by the fact they did not give me gloves or a payroll (both of which are obviously necessary) they do not care about their employees they just want someone there. The shifts are too long for how little work I had to do, and it is just poorly managed. The wear house itself did not even know what job I was doing until I explained to SEVERAL people that I did not need the training they were giving to they other people. Overall, linear are a terrible management, they have no idea what is going on or what to do with their employees. Downright rude, and an awful awful workplace. I wouldn’t wish working for them on my worst enemy.

Pros

The salary

Cons

Everything else

Great Agency.

Always on time with payments and kept me in work for a long time. Friendly staff, always willing to listen to you for if you have a problem. Also very honest.

good company

nice friendy company to work for. leant and gained aome very important amd valuable experience. which really got me going and searching dor more challenging warehouse ppertivea job roles out there. its hard work but the pay is decent.

site labourer

worked for them on a number of jobs good agency to work for would recommend them in the future and would work for them again myself. Good rate of pay and flexible

Worst agency ever

Worst place ever to work don't answer phone on payday don't pay properly horrible people in Sheffield office very rude and then when you leave for not being paid they ask you why you have left and get very threatening in messages

Workplace culture

Boys club long working hours with added on-call duties zero trust

Pros

commission

Cons

no time to spend it

Avoid at all cost

Was recruited at a rate of 10.40ph..... Got a call after a few days to inform me that they take 18% off the top of my payrate so I resigned as that wasn't what was agreed.. Then they paid me £7.70ph, minimum wage is £8.21???!! Absolute con artists don't waste your time, judging by other reviews some guys haven't even been paid for work they completed so maybe I shouldn't grumble!!!

Pros

Non

Cons

"con" - artists

Good company

Typical day at work was 8.30am - 5,30pm and extra hours as needed. Learnt a lot about the industry and the industries which we supplied workforces to. Management were ok, salaries weren't on a par with competitors. Good workplace culture, lots of charity work and work nights out were always good. Hardest part of the job is the workload, very busy and often worked over the salaried hours. Most rewarding part? helping some get a job and back into work if they'd been out of work for a while

Terrible agency

I used to work for this agency years ago and they were one of the first few agencies I worked for and I used to get good work on decent contract rates but now I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. The present lot couldn't run a bath!!!!

Pros

I no longer seal with them hurray!!!

Cons

Agency is run by poor uneducated staff who don't understand how construction works !!!!!

Railway worker

Very effectively working together as a team to get complete the task at hand. Productive and well managed, with great opportunity to learn and train more better skills related to the field your interested in.

Pros

travels expenses covered

Cons

weather conditions can affect work

Avoid as they wont pay you if you leave

Left to move to a permanent job only to be told i wont be getting my wages as a result. When working for them dont try and better yourself as its drones they want.

Pros

Non

Cons

Wages not paid and lying management

Great company to work for. Has many different career opportunities

Linear Recruitment in Sheffield has a number of great employees. Always trying to get people work and stay professional. if you are looking for work, I would recommend them.

Pros

good staff, tries hard

Linear thoughts

Linear was a great company but lacked professionalism in the management department. a lot of finger pointing. however my time there was great and I am now ready and happy move on.

Fun and productive work place

Good work environment; personal development encouraged; great atmosphere; challenged on a daily basis; fun and productive workplace. Linear is a great company to work for as they are focussed on the singular mission of helping people get jobs which is very rewarding. The company cares about it's employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment.

Pros

Occasional free lunches

Agency

Great had the time of my life never experience anything like that before and i dont think i ever will again. Couldnt have asked for a better job the best time of my life

good experience

really good company for work.money always at time every Friday.they have plenty work if you have right skills.i can say one of the best in Manchester.happy days

Productive and enjoyable workplace

A day at Linear is productive, busy and yet can still be an enjoyable location to work. Working with a multitude of candidates can make the days fly.

Did not have good experience

I didnt get enough shifts, I didnt get paid for cancelled jobs and the management was poor they woukld cancel at the last minute while I was working hard for their company.

Pros

Cons

it was just really bad from start to finish

good company

got to work had a cup of tea the start the shift at 7 busy site alot of the time.never seen anyone from linear in the 3 years i worked for them. since leaving they haven't been able to offer me any work

Pros

payed on time

Cons

lack of support since leaving

fun workplace

excellent company to work for and great benefits to, colleagues are also very friendly and helpful and there is hands on training for the role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linear Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement