Lingwood Security Management

Lingwood Security Management Employee Reviews

OK to work for but 0 hours contract and patchy hours

Lingwood were good to work for, but it's 0 hours contract and work is not guaranteed day to day, so they could want you for a few days or a few weeks or at most a few months, work is contract based mainly on building sites and the environment can be dirty.They also have a very strange idea of "local" work, as they think Manchester to Bradford is a local commute. They do not pay a mileage allowance either, so it's all your own fuel.Pay is always on time and correct, but don't expect a long term placement.

Pros

Interesting and varied work

Cons

Long hours, for very little reward, very few facilities on sites, not even a decent seat or heater at most places

Work life at lingwoods

As long as there’s work your ok. Not to good when been giving the wrong work. I hate bed-watch can’t get into it for some reason That’s all I got to say at moment.

Pros

Double pay on bank holiday

Cons

Lack of work

All negative

Don't apply for this comany at all if you would like to get paid for your job....Payment in late and even if you do it, this company doesn't pay for overtime.

Good to work there

Different sites to work on so different ways . but you learn allot .And see allot of people .Management are understanding and helpful .............,.....

Pros

Move around to different jobs.

Cons

Long hours if you won't them.

Staff Management have the worst attitude ive ever encountered

Staff Management have the worst attitude i've ever encountered. like many have said before hand none existent support if any issues are raised if i could have give a negative star i would have

Pros

Cons

Everything from managment attitude to lack of support

Great Company

I have worked for several security companies over the last 9 years..Can honestly say that this company is the best I have worked for. Head office staff also approachable and will deal with any issues in a swift manner..Also making sure what I require is dealt with and keep in touch during a family emergency.

Pros

Too many to mention

Cons

None as yet.

30 June 2021
Thank you for your kind words. We have an open-door policy so we are always here to help.

relaxed workplace

I recently had a tragedy in the family and lingwood gave been so supportive they have rang up to check on my health and wellbeing and since then I have constant checks on myself from lingwood when I'm on shift as far as I'm concerned this is a brilliant company to work for and I would highly recommend them

Pros

good uniform

Cons

12 hours

Professional security company.

Good interview system using online procedure due to Covid.I was offered a position subject to site induction and a critical medical as required by their client. Started on my site uniform issued and further site training.Good control operations room staff and very helpful. A useful employee portal offering many benefits. Shifts given out a week in advance. Frequent site visits by supervisors and a very good check call system in place when on duty.

Pros

Good uniform and site training

Cons

More use of technology for logging on duty and making site check calls.

Great famliy run business

Have very much an open door policy wish I had learnt that whilst working there, I at the time suffered mental health issues but didn't make them aware only when I snapped and told them the reasons for my absences in full they understood what was going on with me gave me a lot of support got personal calls off majority of Management/Owners and MD I would recommend working here again I loved my time at Lingwoods, pay fairly plenty of work for the right people

Productive and structured

Great place to work. Has its ups and downs like anywhere but very supportive and a great team. Helped me through tough times and still helped me progress within the company

Pros

Progression

Abysmal

Got to be the WOST security company going Team morale is non existent, management don’t care, absolutely 0 training in dealing with dementia patients etcI left due to having a mental break down the way I was treat,If you don’t do the the shifts they give you they don’t give you any the next weekAVOID AVOID AVOID

27 January 2021
Good Morning,It is a great shame you felt the need to write this review on our company. All of our NHS Security Officer are given the option to attend the Dementia Awareness Training directly with the NHS and also training with the Samaritans. All our staff are also company and NHS inducted. If you could please give me a call on 01524 852275 i can look into why this option was not offered to you and check your paperwork.We are a family run business with a small management team and i am certain if you called our office and made us aware of your situation we would have been able to assist along with our 24 hour helpline that we have through our portal. As mentioned i would be keen to speak to you to obtain further details so please call 01524 852275 and ask for Summer or Lorette.

Ok place to work

I have worked twice at lingwood regular shifts.and paid on time with no problems.management and control room freindly.would work there again when got work in my area.

Pros

Paid right

Cons

No petrol money for faraway jobs

27 January 2021
Thank you for your review. Please keep in touch we will always try to find work in your area.

Belfour beauty

What can I say about Lingwood. Management it’s 0 they have no clue how to run. They’re Contract. They care about site just to be cover. They hire anyone. Who has sia licence. They don’t train you at all they. Put you in a cabin and make u seat and look after dirty site. Money it’s minimum wages. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them. They don’t issue full uniform. They take 6 month contract when the work finish they don’t wanna no you they just hire you till they’re work get done. When finish. Ur not longer working for then. Good luck if you wanna work for them but believe me what ever I mention on here it’s true. You will regret working for them.

Pros

M/a

Cons

Minimum wages

26 November 2020
I am sorry that you have felt you need to write this review to try and tarnish our reputation. For the project that i believe you are referring to there was a very stringent induction process which did not allow you to enter site without an induction. We have a specified department that issue all PPE so again i find this very hard to believe and the client would have also not been impressed with this. The majority of the sites we work on are dirty due to the type of work we do. We offer an open door policy and if you was not happy with the site you are working on you could have spoken to one of the management team. All of our employees are informed before starting work that ALL our contracts are zero hour contracts and are informed the rate of pay it is then the decision of the employee if they wish to take the job.

Overall good

Currently employed at Lingwoods, plenty of hours if you want the work and are willing to travel, various job roles, site work, hospital bed watches, mobile drivers, occasional event work, I have found the management helpful with any problems, always paid on time, would recommend for anyone looking for security work

15 September 2020
Good morning, Thank you for your positive feedback, it is appreciated!

Employee

I have worked for many security companies in all different areas of the industry. Lingwoods is an excellent company to work for with a wide range of job opportunities. All the management team are very skilled and hardworking. You learn new things daily, help is always on hand when needed. All the staff I work with are highly skilled and Professional. There are no Cons with the company.

Pros

Training & Benefits, Plus more

Cons

N/a

All round poor company

This company as got to be one of the worst ones in the area , poor communication, staff feel pressured to take on rolls that they are not trained for ( network rail) Hospital staff cover is a joke actually worse than that it’s pathetic You e got to be desperate to work for this company AVOID

Pros

Cons

Plenty

9 September 2020
Good afternoon, I am really sorry you feel this way about the company. We do offer an open door policy for all staff if you wanted to come and talk to one of the management team. All of our staff who are put onto other sites are provided with full training and site inductions and any additional training courses if necessary.

A profesional hard-working company

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Lingwood Security. They are a professional hard-working company, all of the staff are friendly and helpful. It is a great place to work for and I enjoy coming into work every day.

9 September 2020
Good afternoon, Thank you for your positive feedback. It is appreciated!

Avoid

Lingwoods is by far the worst Security company around. No idea how theyre still going with the amount of illegal things they do. They discriminate if you have disabilities. Expect you to work when putting your own health and safety on the line. The HR department is the worst I've ever come across. The management just care about money and have no idea what they're doing. Holiday pay they give is ILLEGAL. For any Lingwood staff reading this, just look on GOV.UK or call ACAS and they'll tell you. I'm currently waiting to take them to a tribunal. Just takes longer at the moment with COVID. Just AVOID.

Pros

Leaving the company and the satisfaction when I win my tribunal.

Cons

Working for them?

8 July 2020
Good Morning,I am afraid we have no idea who this is we have never had any tribunals against our company and vehemently deny all these allegations above. We are very happy to speak to the person involved if you feel you have been treated incorrectly. Our company has been established since 1995 and have hundreds of happy employees throughout the UK, we have a fantastic rewards system for employees and all of our HR is governed by Peninsula and Audited annually to ensure that we treat our staff fairly and without prejudice. Our team of professionals are trained to the highest of standards and are on hand to discuss any of these allegations in person.

Avoid at all cost.

Terrible company to work for. Management is null and void. No training given for working with mentally ill patients though you have to deal with mentally impaired people. No support from management and if you query a policy expect an instant dismissal. Atrocious company.

Pros

You might make a couple of friends with the other guards

Cons

Management non existant, terrible pay, inflexible, lies, mixed messages and sheer incompetance.

8 July 2020
Good Afternoon,I am sorry that you feel this way about our company. All of our employees working within the NHS are given inductions and training from the NHS themselves and we have a NHS Security Manager who ensures that this happens.We offer an open-door policy to all of our employees and all our employees have the office number to speak to any of the management team or directors if they have a problem or issue.

EX employee

A family run business with no compassion for families, staff worked to the bone. Very Stressful environment and you aren't not paid enough.for what you do.

Pros

Long hours, if that what you like.

Cons

Management, pay, perks, morale

30 June 2020
I am sorry you felt this way about the company. We do offer an open door policy and if any of our staff felt like they were stressed and working to much then all they had to do was come and talk to one of the management team. We go over and above to work with our employees to support in stress hence the reason we have a 24 hour support line.

Inflexible

Shifts too long for my location. I worked upto 16 hour shiftf at a site over 50 miles drive from home --it was too much for me--no recovery time between shifts

8 July 2020
Good Afternoon,unfortunately we can only offer our staff shifts and work that is available to them at that time. We never like to see our staff out of work so will offer the closest site that we have available. I am sorry that on this occasion the location and availability did not work out for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lingwood Security Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Lingwood Security Management with

• Lingwood Security Management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?