Links Childcare

Links Childcare Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, many opportunities to promote yourself

I have been working for Links for almost 3 years now and I have never stopped learning new things. It is an amazing family business with a very friendly environment and caring co-workers. I would strongly recommend to work with Links and do your best as opportunities always arrive.Very good environment to build a career.

Pros

Job Flexibility

Good for start your career

They helped me to come to Ireland and gave me the opportunity to change my life working in something that I love. I made a lot of friends there, the staff is like a family in some crèches and the management is good too. They listened to me when I was not feeling good there and they tried to change it and I really appreciate that. For me the worst there is the salary, I don’t think is enough for all the hard work and is difficult to be promoted.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Salary

Productive place to work

It was a great experience in the company for almost one year. It is a place to grow in your job position if you care about. Good working environment, the staffs are Irish and Spanish in the mayority.The gave you the opportunity to apply your own activities in the classroom. The worst aspect is that you sufer long timetables.With any doubt I recomend the job for everyone who has passion for working with children .

Pros

Opportunity to apply your own activities

Good for earn experience, not more

It was a really good exerperience to start working in Early Years in Ireland. I had a good colleagues (almost all Spanish) and I had my own classroom where I did a lot of activities.However, if you are looking for a school with a good routine and didatic this is not the place.The company also doesn't take care the staff.

Pros

Earn experience

Cons

Low salary, not take care the staff

Good experience

I have been working 2 years in Links Childcare and my experience is really good.Is a good way to start your life in Ireland, you can meet people and you can learn about how childcare is carried in the country.I worked in Links BlackRock and the management works hard to try to help the staff in everyday duties.I encourage you to join such company if you are in your first experience in Ireland.

Pros

The good work environment.

Cons

Is a big company

I feel really good at this work, nevertheless I want to improve in this area.I have several experience working with children with special needs, so I would like to work in this area.

A place for you to gain experience

Links is a good place to gain experience & I learn a lot from my manager. However, I think the company didn’t really appreciate their staff no matter how hardworking they are, & benefits for the staff can be enhanced. Indeed, they put a lot of stress on their staff. But for me, I am pleased to work with my manager & colleagues so it doesn’t really bother me that much.

Pros

A place to gain experience

Cons

Company don’t appreciate staff

Great experience

I was working in Links for 1 year and a half and my experience was very positive. My learning about Early Years Education was increased absolutely, I met excelent co- workers that facilitated the collaborative work, when you settle down at the Clasroom assigned you can feel confortable and wih confident to get your goals. It is certain that the cualities for the job should be: energetic person with iniciative and ability to adapt fastly because sometimes we are involve at improvisation and you must be capable to manage these situations on time. Do not hesitage to apply for this job!

Buen lugar para empezar a trabajar en Irlanda

Buena relación con las compañeras y manager. Sin embargo, la empresa no pone su foco en la infancia. A veces, no hay lugar para parar a resolver conflictos o tiempo para actividades propiamente educativas. Sin embargo, si la creche es pequeña, puedes encontrar un espacio para desarrollar tu programación y realizar el papeleo diario en tus horas de trabajo. Puede que te manden a sustituir a diferentes aulas y que tengas cambios de última hora.

Pros

relativa libertad pedagógica

Cons

excesivo papeleo y cámaras, no defensa del profesorado frente a conflictos con familia

Very stressful place to work at

The main con is bad management and a high turnover of staff. The hours are so long and you could be working for 5 hours without having a break because there is always a lack of staff and the managers can't deal with this. I worked many days over ratio, managers will sign as if they were working in your room but they will disappear, leaving you with all the hard work. Managers complain to you about the activities not being done when the company doesn't buy art materials regularly and you feel forced to buy materials with your own money. The most enjoyable part of the work is the children and co-workers.

Pros

Freedom when planning activities.

I have been in Links Childcare for over 1 year now and my experience in working with them has been very positive. Senior Management have really supported me in my role & the team I work with are great too. The children are all so happy & engaged, with plenty of activities that take place in their rooms. Weekly themed events are planned in each of the crèches too, which makes their learning through play fun & current too. It makes me smile going into work and seeing all the children having such fun. All the crèches have in-house chefs too, and they make the tastiest food (from scratch) for the children.

Stressfull creche

I love my job, and I love to work with kids, but this company with kids is not good. The organization is poor, no material to do activities... My manager was great, but the direction its no good, so we are stressed all the day, because they don`t have covers sometimes...

Very bad place to work .Very long hours. The staff usually works for 9,5 hours per day with no standard breaks. Staff takes the breaks when the manage

Very long hours. The staff usually works for 9,5 hours per day with no standard breaks. Staff takes the breaks when the manager decides. You can work for 6 hours without having any break. Teachers cannot connect with kids because they have to change rooms all time in order to cover the breaks of their colleagues. Very bad management. They ask from the teachers to do creative activities with kids a crafts and projects but they do not provide any material to the staff. Kids are always hungry because the food is not enough. They give one banana to 18 children for snack. No respect to the staff.

Overworked Understaffed

overworked understaffed, ratios not always adhered to. Stressful conditions. Long hours. Very early lunches given. Children are great but staff conditions not good.

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Aprendí mucho allí. Pasé unos meses geniales. Me gustó trabajar con mi compañera, era Irlandesa y mi nivel de Inglés no era muy bueno, ella me enseño mucho allí. La parte más dificil era trabajar tantas horas, ya que la comida no estaba incluida en el horario de trabajo, por eso estabas allí, 9h y 30min, pero por lo demás, el ambiente era muy bueno y tuve unos compañeros geniales.

Cons

La comida la llevas tu, la hora de la comida no está incluida en el horario

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Links Childcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement