Listers

United Kingdom139 reviews

dealershipcartargetrolebrandprogresslongteam

Excellent place to work

Featured review

Listers selected this as a representative review
Great people and really enjoy working here.The induction was great and I learned everything I needed to know.I am supported by my manager and feel appreciated in the role.

Pros

Great company benefits

Cons

Great company to work for

Great company to work for been with the company nearly 10 years. A lot of long standing staff work here. Great team and everyone is will to help each other. All to support in the business

Insights into Listers

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Love working for listers, the company has good people who will go above and beyond and help you if your struggling with a certain task. It's a great place to work too.

Pros

Free breakfast, good salary, good bonuses

Cons

Great environment with good atmosphere.

I have been working for Listers for 25yrs now, and in that time I have always felt respected and have been looked after by managers over the years and most of whom have given me support through challenging times at work and away from work.Throughout my time with Listers I have also found it to be fun and its important to be able to have fun while putting a shift in. (Yes it can be done).I have always found that if you work hard then you are rewarded in many ways and this is also where you earn the most important thing and that is respect.Yes there will be tough days and the job can be and is stressful a lot of the time but knowing you are appreciated helps you cope with it.

Pros

Respect/support/rewards.

Cons

I am not going to lie there will be cons but I am sure the pros out weigh.

Poor management

No work life balance. Management always treat you poorly. I Avoid Listers at all costs. Management constantly changing. Very high turnover of staff due to the way you are treated.

Oppressive culture

Inappropriate management styles (people promoted to mgr position as a retention strategy, with poor people mgmt skills) and too much micro-management, meant they did not get the best out of people, leading to high staff turnover. Renumeration for sales lower than other industries, due to competition from online and distributive strategy businesses.Poor work-life balance. Not recommended

Awful, avoid at all costs

Terrible management, 70+ hour work weeks are expected, training bonuses are promised but not paid, zero training and support from management AVOID!!!!

Pros

Got to drive some interesting cars

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, zero training and support, training bonuses not paid, poor work/life balance

No work life balance

If you are happy to give up having a life outside work, this is the company to work for. They pay well but your personal life's suffers, and the answer when asking for some flexibility is to say its the Motor trade get over it....Well the 1980s wants its attitude back. There are better companies to work for. You are expendable, never forget this.

Fast Paced and Stressful Environment with its Pressures

In the sales industry it is hard to find a company that actually cares. Listers do and they pay well too. Just have to be able to endure long hours and constant pressure, but that is with most sales jobs so nothing to do with the company directly.

Great team to work with.

Enjoyable experience here with a great team of people. Management are good. Pay is fair and the product makes the job exciting. Also have access to a fantastic company car and appreciate the recognition received from the top.

Average dealer group with out dated ambitions.

Job paid average compared to simliar. You will be paid minimum rather than paid what you are worth. If they can get you in cheap and keep you, bonus (for management). Don't expect to see that loyalty rewarded back to you. Zero training budget. Expected to work long hours and fulfil many varied tasks with no real reward or recognition only threats when any given task was not completed. Spoken to terribly on occasion. People make the place what it is. Senior management sit at head office giving instructions without actually talking to their site staff. Try exit interviews may help. Lots of pressure.

Pros

Reasonably loyal staff. An amount of trust placed on initivative. Good coffee shops nearby.

Cons

Poor pay structure, Not paid well within the group or brand, Out of touch management, Different rules for different people.

Good dealership experience

I enjoyed working here. Met some amazing people and learnt a lot. Gained some good dealership finance experience. Hours were flexible and a good work life balance.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No room for progression

good company

long hours but the bonus is good and there are opportunities to progress. Was put onto an induction course for the first week and sat in sales for a few days to experience

Brilliant company and great people

Listers is a brilliant company that offers growth and progression opportunities with the chance to build a long standing career. The management team are very supportive and Listers offer a work life balance.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Great team and working environment

The team are great, they were all really welcoming when i first joined. Everyone helps each other out so its always easy to ask for help if you need it.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

occasional weekend work

Productive fun workplace ! Lots of career opportunties

Since day one the training has been superb ! The Management Team are so helpful and supportive. Everyone is on 1st name terms , there is a real family culture to the business. The hardest part of my role is deciding which training session to do next as there is so much to learn ! I really enjoy working for Listers !

Pros

Lots of benefits inc. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays !!!

Cons

Wish i had joined sooner

Management leaves a lot to be desired

They’ll employ you, make you feel amazing and as if you’re an integral part to the team, then they’ll expect you to learn everything instantly, make zero mistakes and then drop you instantly with no explanation citing a customer complaint that you weren’t aware of and weren’t able to rectify. Customer is always right and staff have no protection from the company. Absolutely glad to be rid of this company and it’s awful management and employment procedures - I feel sorry for anyone starting their working life here.

Great people, poor Management

I worked in Fleet Operations, its a fast paced organization with some great people, many going over and beyond to meet customer expectations, its fair to say that if you keep a low profile and do what your told when your told you can just get on with your job without fear or favor.Lister's Group pride themselves on being a family business with family values, but as you move down the chain of command you see those family values fizzle out.Now it's fair to say I've met some great people in Management over the years, but the good ones are to far and few in between. If your a strong and independent person I'd avoid working for them.

Pros

Great team mates. Some good perks.

Cons

Can be clicky, don't ever say no, that word isn't recognized.

Vile place to work

Stress, nasty morning meetings, public humiliation and just a number.Management is terrible, always looking to put you down and under mind you, in front of customers and other staff.Hours are very long and God forbid you even think about taking a lunch break.Hardest part of the job is working with the management. They are the worst that I have EVER come across. Nasty leader that has a huge issue with anyone below him and a huge suck up to anyone above.Most enjoyable part of the job was, when the sales manager was off and leaving.Money is good but everything else is just terrible!Really not worth it, unless you want to feel in fear of your job every day and a worthless number.There is a ZERO work life balance and the manager is a very nasty little man.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Just about everything you could think of!

A great place to build a career so long as you put the effort and work in

Listers has given me a career and rewards I could not have foreseen in any other industry or company. They are keen to see an individuals attitude and potential rather than just what's written on a CV.To achieve you have to put the effort in, but then if you are not prepared to why should you expect to be rewarded.

Pros

Opportunities that relate to potential not qualifications

Cons

Don't expect a free ride, put the effort in.

Great Place to work

Days can be long but very rewarding. Enjoy being part of a passionate team that work closely to achieve a collective goal.

Pros

Good Progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Listers with

• Listers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?