Listers

Listers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom126 reviews

Insights into Listers

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent place to work

Featured review

Listers selected this as a representative review
Great people and really enjoy working here.The induction was great and I learned everything I needed to know.I am supported by my manager and feel appreciated in the role.

Pros

Great company benefits

Vile place to work

Stress, nasty morning meetings, public humiliation and just a number.Management is terrible, always looking to put you down and under mind you, in front of customers and other staff.Hours are very long and God forbid you even think about taking a lunch break.Hardest part of the job is working with the management. They are the worst that I have EVER come across. Nasty leader that has a huge issue with anyone below him and a huge suck up to anyone above.Most enjoyable part of the job was, when the sales manager was off and leaving.Money is good but everything else is just terrible!Really not worth it, unless you want to feel in fear of your job every day and a worthless number.There is a ZERO work life balance and the manager is a very nasty little man.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Just about everything you could think of!

A great place to build a career so long as you put the effort and work in

Listers has given me a career and rewards I could not have foreseen in any other industry or company. They are keen to see an individuals attitude and potential rather than just what's written on a CV.To achieve you have to put the effort in, but then if you are not prepared to why should you expect to be rewarded.

Pros

Opportunities that relate to potential not qualifications

Cons

Don't expect a free ride, put the effort in.

Great Place to work

Days can be long but very rewarding. Enjoy being part of a passionate team that work closely to achieve a collective goal.

Pros

Good Progression

Great family feel to the company

Worked here for several years now after moving form another motor company and found the place a refreshing change. Yes you cannot get on with everyone but as a rule of thumb the management and employees are great. Woludl highly recommend.

Pros

Job Secruity

Cons

Can get very busy at times

Great place to work, real sense of team - everyone works hard and succeeds as a team.

Really enjoy working for the company. There is a real sense of team and togetherness. I get a real sense of achievement and feel recognised for it on a regular basis. Opportunities to progress and learn are there if you want it.

Pros

Get working culture

Great workshop & support

Very busy and there is always something to do but very secure job. Been offered training which will help the salary go up. team of nearly 15 in the workshop so lots of support too.

Pros

training courses

Cons

can be long hours

Excellent place to work

Great place to work, with a great team around you. Lots of flexibility with working hours as there a few shift patterns to work. Training is excellent.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Have to work some weekends

Enjoyable, working with great people and good prospects !

I start at 08:30 and finish at 17:00 unless i want to do overtime, i service cars on daily basis but there is plenty of opportunity to learn new skills and go on training courses. The team are great and my boss is brilliant , would definitely recommend !

Pros

Good staff discounts

Cons

Induction could of been longer

Poor work culture

Sadly certain management think there brand directors when its quite obvious they never will be. But continue to act that way and make very unprofessional decisions

Pros

Going home

Cons

Taking the job in the first place

Stay away

Huge staff turnaround slave driven NO appreciation. 3 parts managers in 3 years, Management very quick to point fingers at parts for any losses. Also NO room for moving up the ladder, unless you know the management personally....

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Too many to count

what a joke

if you like standing around waiting to be given a job for a hour while everyone else gets one, if you like to be told you have done nothing in the week, (because your waiting to be given a job) if you like working with brown noses and liars, or a divided workshop where no one is happy. then listers is for you

Pros

nothing really

Cons

everything

Poor management and false promises

There is very low morale in the office, mainly due to the shoddy management. A lack of effective communication leads to constant speculation over job security and potential 'restructuring programs'.There is a very old fashioned way of management at Listers, with a long and slow communication chain meaning you are never able to voice your concerns or discuss future opportunities, made worse by the fact there are no appraisals.A highly frustrating aspect of working in the accounts department for this company, is the lack of opportunities to learn and progress through taking on more work, despite many promises. There are a large number of accounts assistants, all of a similar age, who are all vying to become an accountant. However, there are already too many accountants with not enough volume of work, meaning they are unwilling to give any of their work up which is understandable. As a result, you are left doing the same mundane thing day in day out in the knowledge that the chances of you progressing are slim.On the whole, I would not recommend the role of accounts assistant at Listers, unless you are prepared to do the same basic tasks for 7/8 years waiting for an accountant to move on.

Pros

(Some) very nice and humble people

Cons

Management, pay and career prospects

Not such a family run business

Soul destroying and poor managementIf your face fits your are absolutely fine as long as you keep your head down however if you like to think for yourself forget a job here.Not interested in staff or working environment, no interest in suggestions to improve. Long service actually has no interest to management.Make lots of false promises and lieStaff are encouraged to 'hide the truth' for audits and from customersremove bad reviews to keep star levels high to keep brand happy.No matter how much you put in it is never appreciateThey have a no reference policy you leave they won’t give you a good reference for your future

Pros

I'm struggling here

Cons

a number not a person

Horrible place to work

Working at Listers HO in the accounts department as an accounts assistant, I soon realised it wasn't a pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is horrendous and the majority of people are so unhappy, with management continually turning a blind eye. The majority of people at my level, the management accountants and senior divisional accountants were pleasant, but a few within this department ruined the overall atmosphere and made you feel you didn't belong or were not good enough. There are certain individuals that are in positions they shouldn't be in, due to adopting a bullying method to managing their teams and being unapproachable. The salary is shocking as the majority of accounts assistants are currently studying or have completed AAT, with no reward or recognition. You are expected to take on too much work and only paid minimum wage, which doesn't increase with loyal service or qualifications. Due to the workload, you end up working overtime for nothing in return, resulting in earning less than minimum wage for the hours you put in. I would avoid Listers at all costs.

Pros

Some of the people are lovely

Cons

Everything else

Great car line up

Didnt like the service manager most of the technicians were great no all having to do service washes and being told there waiting when were not lots of hassles and no system set up to tell what cars need valeting

Pros

Great cars

Cons

Service manager not great nor is most of place

PDI Technician

Listers is a great place to work, I feel that the management always pushed for success but in a friendly manageable environment. Reachable goals were put into place with bonus incentives to help reach goals necessary for the organisation to grow. Teamwork and efficiency and communication are key factors needed to work within the listers group. But it is a highly recommended place of work.

Poor management

I would never work for the group again, hours are so long. Management is poor. Head of business has great people skills but poor management. Targets are pointless.

Cons

Long hours, management haven’t got a clue! They need training

Don't work here

I have 3 years paint and automotive refinishing experience I was the only person in the body shop with qualifications I was treated different to the others had no uniform had to buy my own I was told to do all the dirty work for them well the other sat and watched body shop not aproved manager is terrible full of promises DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!! All backstabbers

Poor Management

Glad l left the company before lockdown! Worked at Listers for less than a year. Decided to leave due to poor management, poor working environment and no career progression. They are not interested in looking after their staff only interested in hitting targets. Don't waste your time!

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Poor Management

Avoid

If you want no life and if you leave they won’t give you a good reference for your future if your face doesn’t fit and you speak out of line to benefit the company they don’t like it joke!

Pros

Cons

You get to go hone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9