Listers

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Excellent place to work

Featured review

Listers selected this as a representative review
Great people and really enjoy working here.The induction was great and I learned everything I needed to know.I am supported by my manager and feel appreciated in the role.

Pros

Great company benefits

Great workshop & support

Very busy and there is always something to do but very secure job. Been offered training which will help the salary go up. team of nearly 15 in the workshop so lots of support too.

Pros

training courses

Cons

can be long hours

Horrible place to work

Working at Listers HO in the accounts department as an accounts assistant, I soon realised it wasn't a pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is horrendous and the majority of people are so unhappy, with management continually turning a blind eye. The majority of people at my level, the management accountants and senior divisional accountants were pleasant, but a few within this department ruined the overall atmosphere and made you feel you didn't belong or were not good enough. There are certain individuals that are in positions they shouldn't be in, due to adopting a bullying method to managing their teams and being unapproachable. The salary is shocking as the majority of accounts assistants are currently studying or have completed AAT, with no reward or recognition. You are expected to take on too much work and only paid minimum wage, which doesn't increase with loyal service or qualifications. Due to the workload, you end up working overtime for nothing in return, resulting in earning less than minimum wage for the hours you put in. I would avoid Listers at all costs.

Pros

Some of the people are lovely

Cons

Everything else

A lot of hours, is it worth it?

A family business that doesn’t really care about its staff, 50hrs to 60 hrs per week, pay is good when times are good, terrible when it’s not due to the commission structure.

Listers Honda

Performance is everything at Listers Honda. Daily, weekly and monthly activity targets. Achieve your target and be well rewarded, miss and you can fall out of favour.

Pros

Well paid and good benefits

Cons

Pressure to perform

Very long hours

Even though you are told that you work a 5 day week, the managers make you feel bad for taking days off. They arrange collections with customers on your day off and guilt you into going in to see the customer. Sales events are held and everyone has to cancel days off as it is all hands on deck. Your pay is salary and commission so extra hours don’t always pay more money.

Love working here!

The group has a great culture and a vast range of different benefits, including company car (role dependent) where you can get to drive a brand new car all the time.

Pros

Culture, Benefits e.g. company car

Cons

Not much to say here

Poor pay for what works involved.

Poor commission, boring throughout the day. Expect sales when no leads or walkings given. You take on around 25-30 enquires a month, they expect you to sell 12-15 cars a conversation rate of around 50%. Favouritism at its highest as Management don’t care who sells the cars as long as there sold. Earning £50 for selling £100,000 cars is beyond a joke. Commission is appalling. Stay clear, would earn more money at a volume brand / car supermarket.

Pros

Leave on time

Cons

Pay, boring at times, management

Great Company

Friendly people, opportunities for shadowing in the business to learn more, good locations, opportunities to take on more responsibility, staff discounts - plus lots of other great benefits.

Pros

Great team!

Cons

Too much time spent on reporting.

Management really look after their staff

The hours can be long, but this is a fun working environment and the management really look after their staff and reward hard work. Friendly team members and management.

Pros

Gifts from staff members and management

Cons

Good Job... if you dont have a life.

Worked here for 12 years and worked 50-60 hours standard a week with no extra money. Management is very clicky and do not want to pay any decent people the wages they deserve. They make you work all the hours god sends and frowned upon if you arrive or leave on time! Was promised a promotion at another site which didnt even open!!! There are some very good and nice people (non management) who work there and simply have no desire or drive due to being paid so poorly and doing a long working day.

Pros

Staff on same level are very nice

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Long hours but great working in a Volkswagen showroom

I've been at Listers for just under a year now, the working days are long but i have found its worth it for the salary and bonuses you can earn My manager has given me a lot of training since starting as a trainee parts advisor so when a new job opens up in the parts department I will have the opportunity to progress it's a really busy environment so you do need to be able to work fast paced and cope with pressure from customers and management sometimes but this makes the day go quicker

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

Nice Cars, good bonus and training

I've been with Listers over 1 year, you get to drive some great cars and deal with customers day in day out. Some benefits are great, just used the car scheme to get myself a new car. Hours are long but the days go quick, also have to work most Saturdays

Pros

Nice showroom, cars and bonus payments

Cons

long hours, weekends

Fast paced fun place to work

Good place to work, highly pressured results driven. Interesting management, long hours. well paid but have work for it...............................

good place to get your foot in the door

dealer principal was not very interested in department after care looking after there staff making sure they are happy issues are generally dismissed and shoved under the carpet due to not wanting to deal with them and not having time. was very one way the salary for hours I worked was ridiculous 65 hours a week at most times also Saturday rota was always changed to work for everyone else I ended up working new years eve and Christmas eve due to lack of commitment from other staff process of upsell and figures was inconsistent and seems like they would turn a blind eye to service advisors not giving quotes or explaining surveys to customers. however management of the department itself was amazing had a very supportive happy manager who I will stay in contact with and have made a friend out of was a great opportunity to gain some good experience and get my foot through the door.

Pros

accident exchanged vouchers

Cons

longs hours miserable employees no deparment care

Hard work is rewarded, what do you expect from a sales job!

I have worked for Listers for over three years, I went to an assessment centre with no previous motor trade experience. I have now progressed to a management role. For someone my age I believe I am earning a much higher than average wage, with a luxurious company car that I wouldn't have even dreamt of driving before I started. Yes, sometimes the hours are long, and yes sometimes it is high pressure but if you work hard you are rewarded for it!!

Pros

Salary, Company Car, Progression

Cons

Hours can be long.

Demanding

With the increased success of JLR the job is growing more and more demanding. Simply there is just not enough hours in the day to cope with the needs of the customer.

Pros

Nice company car

Cons

Long hours and stressful

Great Company to work for

I learnt so much at Listers Audi, from better time management to how a team really needs to pull together to deliver a great customer service. They have great company benefits and many ways in which to progress further in your role or another.

Pros

Great people, Great benefits, Friendly, Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement