Listers Group Limited

Listers Group Limited Employee Reviews

There is very low morale in the office, mainly due to the shoddy management. A lack of effective communication leads to constant speculation over job security and potential 'restructuring programs'.There is a very old fashioned way of management at Listers, with a long and slow communication chain meaning you are never able to voice your concerns or discuss future opportunities, made worse by the fact there are no appraisals.A highly frustrating aspect of working in the accounts department for this company, is the lack of opportunities to learn and progress through taking on more work, despite many promises. There are a large number of accounts assistants, all of a similar age, who are all vying to become an accountant. However, there are already too many accountants with not enough volume of work, meaning they are unwilling to give any of their work up which is understandable. As a result, you are left doing the same mundane thing day in day out in the knowledge that the chances of you progressing are slim.On the whole, I would not recommend the role of accounts assistant at Listers, unless you are prepared to do the same basic tasks for 7/8 years waiting for an accountant to move on.
Pros
(Some) very nice and humble people
Cons
Management, pay and career prospects
if you like standing around waiting to be given a job for a hour while everyone else gets one, if you like to be told you have done nothing in the week, (because your waiting to be given a job) if you like working with brown noses and liars, or a divided workshop where no one is happy. then listers is for you
Pros
nothing really
Cons
everything
Soul destroying and poor managementIf your face fits your are absolutely fine as long as you keep your head down however if you like to think for yourself forget a job here.Not interested in staff or working environment, no interest in suggestions to improve. Long service actually has no interest to management.Make lots of false promises and lieStaff are encouraged to 'hide the truth' for audits and from customersremove bad reviews to keep star levels high to keep brand happy.No matter how much you put in it is never appreciateThey have a no reference policy you leave they won’t give you a good reference for your future
Pros
I'm struggling here
Cons
a number not a person
Working at Listers HO in the accounts department as an accounts assistant, I soon realised it wasn't a pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is horrendous and the majority of people are so unhappy, with management continually turning a blind eye. The majority of people at my level, the management accountants and senior divisional accountants were pleasant, but a few within this department ruined the overall atmosphere and made you feel you didn't belong or were not good enough. There are certain individuals that are in positions they shouldn't be in, due to adopting a bullying method to managing their teams and being unapproachable. The salary is shocking as the majority of accounts assistants are currently studying or have completed AAT, with no reward or recognition. You are expected to take on too much work and only paid minimum wage, which doesn't increase with loyal service or qualifications. Due to the workload, you end up working overtime for nothing in return, resulting in earning less than minimum wage for the hours you put in. I would avoid Listers at all costs.
Pros
Some of the people are lovely
Cons
Everything else
Listers is a great place to work, I feel that the management always pushed for success but in a friendly manageable environment. Reachable goals were put into place with bonus incentives to help reach goals necessary for the organisation to grow. Teamwork and efficiency and communication are key factors needed to work within the listers group. But it is a highly recommended place of work.
I have 3 years paint and automotive refinishing experience I was the only person in the body shop with qualifications I was treated different to the others had no uniform had to buy my own I was told to do all the dirty work for them well the other sat and watched body shop not aproved manager is terrible full of promises DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!! All backstabbers
Cons
Glad l left the company before lockdown! Worked at Listers for less than a year. Decided to leave due to poor management, poor working environment and no career progression. They are not interested in looking after their staff only interested in hitting targets. Don't waste your time!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor Management
If you want no life and if you leave they won’t give you a good reference for your future if your face doesn’t fit and you speak out of line to benefit the company they don’t like it joke!
Pros
Cons
You get to go hone
The most painful, excruciating, soul destroying, life questioning 6 years of my life. Customers are constantly being ripped off, quality of work is atrocious, considering the labour rate. You will have no quality of life working at Listers, it will drain your life and soul. You get promised the world, but in reality you're given a nice plate of regurgitated granola. I mean they can't even get your pay right, and that's the minimum you expect of a company.
Pros
Handing in your notice
Cons
No life, always constantly chasing underpayment of wages, you always feel that you owe them a favour, constant monitoring, poor workshop equipment
Worked for a Mercedes dealership. Initially on Furlough, then in June got the call I was being made redundant. 5 of us in total. I know of other dealers nearby taking staff on and others creating a shift pattern so as they didn't have to make anyone redundant. Good place to work, poor management, but no job security whatsoever.
Pros
Location, holiday entitlement.
Cons
Poor management, no job security.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Listers Group Limited?
I worked with a great team and felt supported by the company as a whole, although I did see lots of managers come and go within the dealership. That said, my personal experience was good overall and I would definitely recommend Listers to friends and family. It wasn't right for me at the time but I would work there again if the right position became available.
A family business that doesn’t really care about its staff, 50hrs to 60 hrs per week, pay is good when times are good, terrible when it’s not due to the commission structure.
Having worked for The Listers Group for over 26 years I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. No matter the age range they cater for every need and every requirement at whatever stage of life. Career opportunities, training and family focus is and has been the mantra they work by from the Directors to the floor staff everyone is looked after, supported and recognised. I came from nothing and over the years they developed me in to what was needed in the Motor Trade to survive.
Pros
Challange Myself every day
Cons
The challange i set for myself every day
Working within the Central Funding Unit supporting over 50 Franchised Motor Dealerships. My responsibilities include: Daily administrative operations of the department The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a good team
Always busy, but not stressful, fantastic training and always kept up to date with vehicle technology, management are always approachable and solve any issues
Pros
Good pay and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Don’t treat u right as an employee you do over time for the company and they don’t appreciate it they don’t listen to your views even though you are working for them and achieving targets to get the work load out
Cons
Average car retailer, selling many well branded vehicles.. new and used. Management as helpful as a bucket with a hole in it. Often left to your own devices, taking care of your own development. There are many very good car dealerships in most areas to choose from.
Would not bother , twice I have worked for them , very poor management , was told in September they needed to let me go ,due to me been off work for 3 months with a back injury, which probably was caused by doing work on the premises to be able to open up the place in time , turns out I have 4 discs in my back that now need fusing and a small fracture, I have already had an injection in the spine but still not able to return to work .
I started working at listers Landrover droitwich 2 and a half years ago, i thought I had fell on my feet.....for about a week or 2! DO NOT work here!! They will make promises that they do not keep. They will manipulate you, they will try and have your pants down over anything if your face doesn't fit! They have a 90% staff turn over rate for a reason, don't waste your time with these joker's!
I started at listers 8 months ago. Since then as a trainee service advisor I didn't receive training until month 5. I was told I did brilliant on the training. Well today I got sacked and told I did OK.on thetrainung Very cloak and dagger management. - Listers SEAT Coventry
Working at Listers Vw was generally ok to begin with. One thing I did learn is that the company has a high turn over of staff. If your face doesn’t fit within the business do not expect to last very long. Hours are also really long and don’t expect to have a lunch break. No support or appreciation from management team especially the Aftersales Manager. when you complain or voice your opinion expect your job to be made much more difficult. Avoid at all costs, even if it’s a last resort it’s generally not worth it.