Little Dessert Shop

Little Dessert Shop Employee Reviews

Not trustworthy

The management is horrible. They provide you with no support or job security as they prefer to hire people based on appearance over skills so will let you go if they see someone they like better. There is no routine, the manager puts you into whatever position he is feeling on the day. The management punishes you if there is an unhappy customer instead of making the employees feel safe and supported. The workplace was enjoyable when management was not in as the other staff were lovely. I learnt many skills here as a waiter and enjoyed the shop itself however that was very limited feeling due to the management. Your lunches are not free and they don't give you any food from the shop, you must pay for everything.

Cons

horrible management

Amazing work place good atmosfer

Profecional managment and helpfull. Alwayys understand any situation, always orgnaize and well comunicat, good money, i am very hapy with this company

Fun place to work. Love it.

I've worked here for a while now and I can honestly say I love it. There are many tasks that you can do from serving customers to making food and drink. You always will have something to do to keep you busy and it's never a boring day at work. The team is exceptional and so helpful when it comes to training. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone and everyone.

Pros

Employee Discount, Fun Place To Work

Cons

Engaging challenge with a great team

I helped the franchisee with the opening of their store, using my professional insight and knowledge of the industry as well as my close working relationship with the owners of the branch to develop a popular dessert business in the heart of a city with heavy competition. The team I helped create are all fantastic and have shown to carry on my work ethic even after I left.There are questionable decisions made by head office that I have found difficulty with in the past, but not management postion comes without it's stresses. The Cardiff branch works on a 'work hard, get rewarded basis', a system that produces the best working environment in my belief, so if you are reading this review to join the Cardiff team and are happy to put the effort in, then this is the job for you.

Awful

Appalling communication skills, were constantly late with rota, i had absolutely no training or any sort of help i had to constantly ask others for approval. Didn’t tell me when i could have my break, as i was the newbie they’d use me as the scapegoat for things going wrong when things weren’t always my fault.

Pros

2 shifts a week

Cons

Work unsociable hours

Fun and enjoying work environment

Every time I come in to work, all my colleagues are very friendly and kind. They helped me to settle in quickly as there was a lot to learn and I had to hit the ground running. The owners was really welcoming and the helped me to adjust to my job and they are always on call to provide assistance even if they are not present in the store. I find this a very useful in my progression with my job role.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Fast paced

Fun work enviorment

The company is excellent to work for. Staff are really friendly and kind. I've made friends outside work from there. Management is always keen to help and progress within the company. Pay is fair and based on work performance. Hours cater to my needs and holidays are given without hesitation. Would recommend anyone to work here whatever role or hours you are looking for.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Fast paced

Excellent place to work

Would recommend to anyone. Such a great place, friendly staff and good environment. Enjoy every minute. Everybody works together as a well established team.

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Great place to work. Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Really enjoy the job.The management always helpful and professional. I learned working in team, cooperating with colleagues makes best result for the company

Awful work place. Very uncomfortable environment

I worked in the CARDIFF branch, and I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like it. The owners love trouble and arguments and told me on three occasions they had put me on a higher wage which never happened it was just to keep staff members there. I constantly felt uncomfortable whilst at work, Managment would take employees around the back of the shop to talk about how bad other employees are at their job! Their would be a new favourite member of staff every week. I would highly warn everyone about working for them as it made my life a misery unfortunately.

Pros

Cons

Owners, attitude towards staff, lying about pay rises.

Productive and Fun environment

It’s a pleasure to work for Little Dessert Shop Tamworth. The management is very precise and the managers know how to handle the situations. The team is very friendly.

Pros

Rota shifts

Cons

Busy environment sometimes

Friendly atmosphere, treated fairly and enjoyable place to work. Always learning new skills thanks to the managers who give great training and are very helpfull. Would recommend to others.

Pros

Employee Discount, Good Atmosphere

Cons

Working at Little Dessert Shop Tamworth is great. There’s always something to keep you busy and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Staff are friendly and helpful. Managers train you well and are there to always guide you when needed. A great place to work.

Pros

Staff discount, good atmosphere

Poor Management

Managers are very unprofessional. They didn't give contracts and they break every food safety regulations. Out of date food is given to customers. Shop is dirty back of house but as long as they make some money.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, min wage, poor managment, dirty shop

been here since its been open

been year nearly 3 years and can't fault the place get treated fairly.Nice managment nice environment to work in and most of the times get great loving customers who appreciate us.

Pros

50% off

Cons

non

Good workplace

Good work place, nice co-workers, good management and salary. Working hours are flexible, perfect place for students and parents as they can work night shift and spend day with they children.

Productive and fun workplace

Amazing hygiene standards, fun workplace great pay, Perfect management. These are the few of the many outstanding attributes little dessert shop have to offer to their staff.

Pros

20% discount

Cons

Late night finishes

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work who has helpful staff, willing to help. Staff is always there for you to help and improve you. Management pushes you to work harder and improve as a person. The working environment is fun and productive helping to improve your skills.

Pros

Productive, helpful staff

First ever Job I had and it was a really good expensive friendly staff and welcoming manager. I enjoyed working here and would definitely recommend anyone who wants a Job as a waitress.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

No cons

Productive and fun workplace

An absolute great company to work for, the management are really experienced, patient, well spoken and really friendly which helps alot. I have enjoyed every minute, great atmosphere and friendly colleagues. There is always something to do and it's never a boring day at work. The most enjoyable part would be getting to make up the orders and spending good time with other colleagues. Definitely would recommend.

Pros

Great management Good hours great team

Fast paced environment

Great experience working at little dessert shop, I would recommend everyone to try, its hard-working faced paced environment but you have the possibility to meet good people. a lot of fun as well and you can have staff discounts for the amazing Desserts.

Pros

Desserts

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Dessert Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6