Little Foxes

Little Foxes Employee Reviews for Nursery Nurse

A normal day will start around half 7 we're breakfast will take place. Children with interact with peers and familiar staff. At this time is we're parents can talk to their child's key work for any concerns. The children then will have time to free choice we're activities are set out across the room we're they can explore and learn. A small health snack is given around half 9 this is normally fruit. Around 10 o clock is a set planned activity we're a small group of children can take part in messy activity such as gloom or water plan. Some children may not want to participate so free choice is always open such as free flow to out doors. Lunch time is around half 11 we're children are encouraged to use self help skills such as placing a bib on and using a fork or spoon. After this the children will have a sleep this is the time that staff can catch up on observations that are all kept on a iPad. I'm the afternoon us similar to the morning set up we're the children can take part in more planned activities or free choice. Staff are cumiibcating to the children at all times for support and praise is used. Parents will come for the child after snack wimhich us around 4 o'clock pm this is we're a member of my staff will inform them on how their child's day has been. Nursery will close at half 6 cleaning jobs and setting up will then take place for the next day. I have leaned a lot of how children learn and explore and grow. Experiences have been shared by other staff. Seing a child smile when they have achieved what they set out to do make me happy.
i worked in little foxes as part as my work experience in year 10. the minute i started i knew there was something horrible about the nursery. The atmosphere was never positive there was always a horrible vibe there. the children however did not enjoy being there. I learnt less then what i did while i was in school and the hardest part of the job was to keep the children happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with the children and seeing how they developed new skills.
Pros
short days
Cons
not enough breaks