Lloyds Bank

Lloyds Bank Employee Reviews

Fun Place

My colleagues were nice. I made friends with people from a different department. Always having a nice convo during breaks.I was given comfortable chair and a monitor with screen filter. I had to leave because we moved back to England. I really enjoyed working there, get to know a little more on how financial industry works.

Pros

Nice environment to work

Cons

Rude customers.

Stressful Environment

Demanding, stress and Nil support when struck in issues, Blaming culture, work life balance is very bad. Over loaded and small team with huge work load

Fun workplace

Great place to work been there 3 years now and enjoy the fact that I day is ever the same you meet lots of new people and make great friends you end up being more family than colleagues

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Not the greatest pay

I really enjoyed my time at Lloyds bank from 1998 until 2012, I worked with some wonderful people and found it a fair company to work for. There was a real togetherness and people wanted to work for each other and help each other.

Lovely colleagues

A fair place to work with lovely colleagues. Mixed management and long hours at times. Need stamina in the banking hall. Pay not great for the responsibility but a secure career.

Pros

Secure

Draconian environment

Demoted for the first time in my 30 year career for following government guidelines on Covid and self isolating. Shameful treatment of a loyal, passionate employee. Well done Lloyds!

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Too many to list.

Great workplace, excellent opportunities

During my time with Lloyds Banking Group I rose through the "ranks" from cashier to welcome desk then on to the various roles highlighted in my C.V. I was afforded the opportunity of training to progress to the roles of my choice. Lloyds Bank is a great place to work with a supportive management team.

Pros

Amazing health cover

Cons

High expectations

Fantastic company to work for.

Fantastic. Always helpful and flexible around my children. Always opportunities to work your way up through the company. Very friendly staff. I loved my time at Lloyds.

Good Company to work for

Lloyds is steeped in history. You get that as soon as you walk in - most of the people have been there 20 odd years. The business seems to look after people in general. Where it comes undone is dodgy leadership. There is a big focus on culture, customer and colleagues - however senior leadership still put the pressure on when it comes to delivering numbers because that's how people are remunerated and promoted in the main.

Pros

Certain amount of autonomy as a manager if you have the spine to stand up for your ideas

Cons

Leaders are all cynical, No genuine trust, The numbers are all that matter ultimately

Unless you want to be treated like a number don’t work here

I have had many different Job roles and had great successes in these jobs but due to redundancy I became an employee for Lloyd’s banking group. Well let me tell you I was only there for just under a year and it was the hardest year in any job I have ever experienced. A so called manager tried to throw on me that I had anxiety issues when actually I was dealing with a very difficult and abusive customer so I asked for support keeping in mind I had only came out of my cadet period 6 weeks after this call. This manager obviously had a unknown degree in being a medical practisioner. I was Then told that they didn’t feel I dealt with this customer properly. This is something that continued for the remainder of my time in the business, I achieved team and crew colleague of the month several times through the year and worked the hardest I could throughout my time here ensuring I would treat both my colleagues and customers fairly and the way I would like to be treat which was nicely. When I decided to leave I actually cried for days and weeks to the point where I was scared to hand my notice in and had to seek professional advice on how to go about how to give my notice in. I am now in a job where I feel valued which is amazing I wouldn’t want anyone to have the experience I had because it certainly wasn’t nice

Pros

Making friends for life

Cons

The job

Fun place to be

Working with people my age, 21, is great as there is always a friendly atmosphere. The work isn't challenging as other jobs but it is satisfying to help customers with their banking needs.

Very Uncomfortable Work Environment

Was singled out by Manager and a very uncomfortable atmosphere. New people are treated differently compared to people who had been there for years. Was often laughed at and belittled for asking for help.

Pros

Absolutely None

Cons

Agile in name but not by nature

They were trying to drag themselves into an agile mindset but could not cope with iterative development. Communications were poor and divisive. Poor use of my skills.

Pressure

Unless your face fits you will never be able to advance in the bank. Very high stressed environment. Lonely environment. Sometimes set up to fail rather than to suceed.

Pros

Package

Working at Lloyds

If you want to be treated as a human being then this is not the place for you. This is not a place you want to work at if you feel anxious about anything

Benefits

Cons

Pressure of sales

insight into the banking world

I was shadowing managers and the bank employees, watching meetings, how they deal with customers and do security and safety checks efficiently . Learnt what it was like to work there day to day,

Case worker

iv work for lloyds for 12 years they do look after the employees I have done many work streams with training. The holidays are good. And u get rewarded for ur hard work.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

Good pay, wouldn't suggest branch working.

Lloyds is a great place to work but you are under appreciated and over worked at branch level. Progression can be made but varies from branch to branch.

Excellent experience I had from lloydes banking services worked with lloydes for 10 years

In my 10 years of experience in lloydes bank I gain lots of experience and learned lots of things, I gain good friends and had great management , I always wish to work for lloydes contract.

Really enjoyed working for lloyds

Good company helps with all your training also they are always options to forward in your career with lloyds e like a family any support and they look after you

stressful but good benefits

ill start with the bad. career progression is promised as a main priority but they make far more redundancy's than job openings and for a company that boast their billions of pounds profit each year the job security isn't as good as you'd think and the pay is very low. morale of the job is depressing and dishonest. also there are so many levels of management, no matter what role you're in, you always feel like the dogs dinner. however the benefits are good. such as Bupa healthcare, cycle 2 work scheme, flex bonus, yearly bonus (usually <5%), sharematch and sharesave. overall this job will probably not make you feel content as you just feel like another small cog turning in a very big engine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Bank with

• Lloyds Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?