Lloyds Bank

Lloyds Bank Employee Reviews

United Kingdom805 reviews

tsbbankingbanktargetprogressionquerybranchrole

No set work pattern

While the people I worked with were great and the work interesting the main issue with this job is that new starters are on a flexible contract and you will only get a rough work pattern and this is constantly changing. Your days working will change week to week as well as start and stop times and in addition you will be expected to move between branches without complaint. It is also rare that you will start or finish at your paid hours with extra time after common, normally 5 or 10 minutes but occasionally half an hour; this is not time you will get back. I worked here a few years before I moved on to another role with more stability and I will miss the people I worked with but I’m so glad to not be working for Lloyds anymore.

Pros

Interesting

Cons

Constantly changing work hours

Awful

You are paid half the money you deserve, and being forced to do the 3 people's job. No appreciation, horrible management. Culture of speak up supposed to be a big thing but actually no one wants to listen what you think, what you would change. Hypocrisy on the other hand should be the company value.

Pros

Full sick pay

Cons

Rest of it

Insights into Lloyds Bank

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

The worst

Training is okay after training is a nightmare the management is not organised, nobody seems to know anything, people leave due to falling into depression here or becoming suicidal, no type of support, the targets are unrealistic mostly.

Stressful and time consuming

Lloyds bank has a big reputation and when I joined was when Mortgage Market Review was being initiated.The training was top notch, informative, useful, team building, you knew you could do the job at the end and was fully supported all the way through.Then the restructuring began, areas changed, Area managers moved around. They utilised many old school out of date managers not suited for the role and favoured people they liked regardless of capability.Within two years I felt out of place, non supported, picked on and out of the loop.Then they micro managed everything, from interviews, appointments to general banking hall interactions. It never felt productive to the bank let alone the customer, they neglected customers who were long standing, no emphasis on retaining business just generating new.So much it majorly effected my health and I had to leave for that reason.

Pros

Salary, staff, location

Cons

STRESS!!!!! Felt worthless

Great place to work for. You really are cared about as an individual

Management take responsibility for issues and offer great support. Regular check ins for well-being and performance review. Only let down is progression, it seems to only match the interest of the business. A lot of internal recruitment advertised but the opportunity to move depends on if your current team needs you! I would recommend it if you are happy to stay in the role you apply for. You really are considered part of a Lloyds family!

Pros

Private healthcare, car lease programme, good amount of holiday, bonuses

Fair employer

Fair employer providing on going training, support and career progression if desired. Very supportive through Covid showing they do value the well-being and work life balance of their staff.

Pros

Many benefits which continue to grow.

Fun working

Loved working at Lloyd’s but had to leave to bring up family.Started as a customer service advisor and progressed to senior cashier at flag ship branch in Staines.

Lloyds Bank Call Centre

Worked in the Glasgow call centre for online banking. Training was thorough and a good sense of comradery. Company shifts fitted well with studying full time at Uni. Enjoyed my time there.

Worst place I have ever worked

If you like having a life I would highly recommend that you don’t work here. You are employed on what they like to call a (flexible working contact) and what this basically means is that you are flexible and the bank is not. You have to book your holidays a year in advance and if you are a newcomer you have zero chance of getting your holidays as they allocate holidays on a seniority basis and if you are band A and have just started you literally have no chance of getting the holidays you would like. They are supposed to provide you with your working schedule 6 weeks in advance however this is not the case they change your working schedule with less than a days notice at times so hope you like working every Saturday as this is what you will get. Management are unprofessional and gossip about staffs personal business amongst themselves. Also the place is a sinking ship with no chance of progressing since the pandemic the footfall his literally halved you maybe have a customer popping in every 20 minutes so you spend your days at work starting into space half of the time. Staff morale is terrible everyone basically waiting for there redundancy package. Avoid at all cost.

Enjoyable experience. Lots of training offered & great benefits.Always willing to help expand skills and provide mentorship for career progression if required.

Awful Company.

Awful company, Unless you are in with the management you do feel very isolated. The job is very unispiring after a while. Very poor support from the management for people who are struggling with personal problems.

Pros

Great Banter between staff.

Cons

Unsociable hours.

Productive learnt many new skills

I enjoyed engaging with other staff members at Lloyds Bank in Durham they made me feel valued.Lloyds Management and Senior Banking Cashiers were very approachable and willing to give me their valued shared knowledge of how great it was to work at such a professional organisation.

Pros

Good working life balance and environment

Cons

Productive interesting and engaging

Empowering

I learnt a lot of new skills in procurement and project management that l were in alignment with what l wanted to do in he future. It was a win win with regards to my work and the learning experience.

Pros

Structured learning experience

Cons

Not enough hours

Quick paced environment small staff numbers

Working in Lloyds can be stressful due to low staff numbers however our teams are like a little family and I love my branch colleagues . Pay is pretty rubbish but good benefits such as life insurance, shares etc

Pros

Team work and my colleagues

Cons

Poor pay and stress

Great people amd company looks after its employees

Had positive experience at Lloyd’s fair and competitive to work for and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and experience. The senior management had a very positive and focussed direction for all segments of the company.

Pros

Company benefits annual leave and sick leave collaborative team environment

Cons

Some long days and weekends targets very challenging

Stressful Environment

Demanding, stress and Nil support when struck in issues, Blaming culture, work life balance is very bad. Over loaded and small team with huge work load

Fun Place

My colleagues were nice. I made friends with people from a different department. Always having a nice convo during breaks.I was given comfortable chair and a monitor with screen filter. I had to leave because we moved back to England. I really enjoyed working there, get to know a little more on how financial industry works.

Pros

Nice environment to work

Cons

Rude customers.

Fun workplace

Great place to work been there 3 years now and enjoy the fact that I day is ever the same you meet lots of new people and make great friends you end up being more family than colleagues

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Not the greatest pay

I really enjoyed my time at Lloyds bank from 1998 until 2012, I worked with some wonderful people and found it a fair company to work for. There was a real togetherness and people wanted to work for each other and help each other.

Lovely colleagues

A fair place to work with lovely colleagues. Mixed management and long hours at times. Need stamina in the banking hall. Pay not great for the responsibility but a secure career.

Pros

Secure

Draconian environment

Demoted for the first time in my 30 year career for following government guidelines on Covid and self isolating. Shameful treatment of a loyal, passionate employee. Well done Lloyds!

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement