Lloyds Bank

Lloyds Bank Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Quick paced environment small staff numbers

Working in Lloyds can be stressful due to low staff numbers however our teams are like a little family and I love my branch colleagues . Pay is pretty rubbish but good benefits such as life insurance, shares etc

Pros

Team work and my colleagues

Cons

Poor pay and stress

Great people amd company looks after its employees

Had positive experience at Lloyd’s fair and competitive to work for and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and experience. The senior management had a very positive and focussed direction for all segments of the company.

Pros

Company benefits annual leave and sick leave collaborative team environment

Cons

Some long days and weekends targets very challenging

Lovely colleagues

A fair place to work with lovely colleagues. Mixed management and long hours at times. Need stamina in the banking hall. Pay not great for the responsibility but a secure career.

Pros

Secure

Working at Lloyds

If you want to be treated as a human being then this is not the place for you. This is not a place you want to work at if you feel anxious about anything

Benefits

Cons

Pressure of sales

Case worker

iv work for lloyds for 12 years they do look after the employees I have done many work streams with training. The holidays are good. And u get rewarded for ur hard work.

Pros

good benefits

stressful but good benefits

ill start with the bad. career progression is promised as a main priority but they make far more redundancy's than job openings and for a company that boast their billions of pounds profit each year the job security isn't as good as you'd think and the pay is very low. morale of the job is depressing and dishonest. also there are so many levels of management, no matter what role you're in, you always feel like the dogs dinner. however the benefits are good. such as Bupa healthcare, cycle 2 work scheme, flex bonus, yearly bonus (usually <5%), sharematch and sharesave. overall this job will probably not make you feel content as you just feel like another small cog turning in a very big engine.

Settled work

Tedious or stressful. Rarely an in between. Good job security, good people and flexible working. Management leaves a little to be desired and chance of promotion seems slow moving

No progression, no work life balance for families

Great to start with, good pay & benefits however, no real pay increase over my time here, bonuses dangled in front of you all year, then only a handful of the team rewarded No work/life balance AT ALL when you have kids, management use it as an excuse to transfer you as you’re made to feel they’re no use to them Have met some really great people, and have great experiences, but blighted by current pushy poor management system that’s ruining the branches for the staff & customers

Stressful and low paid

stressfull and low paid, good people but dreadful management, currently downsiing. Work as a contractor on a daily rate which equates to 3 x times what the permanant staff get paid for the same job, creates understandably a quite bad atmosphere

Banking Consultant

Decent job not very difficult pay could be better and pressure from management to sell is high. Customers are mostly nice and good benefits package really.

Friendly workplace

Friendly people around you at all times however the pay was not very good and was always being paid wrong. The work was not too hard and there was always someone to help if needed.

Good company

The benefits of the job were good but the pay possibly could be better according to area in which you live Good holiday entitlement but sometimes unnecessarily stressful - this is most likely branch/management dependent

Would recommend

I would recommend Lloyd’s bank as a place to work, they could do more in the way of salary as overall when looking at the market their pay is quite low, otherwise their culture and work life balance is very good!

friendly and welcoming people.

The Bank is in the midst of big change, promotion of multi channel banking has decreased the amount of branches and staffing required. The staff work hard as the staffing level is kept quite low. The Management are approachable and generally happy to help with any queries or concerns, the staff are lovely people to work with and most go above and beyond to help customers. The bank offers good benefits and the pay is acceptable. I have enjoyed my time with Lloyds and feel sad that progression may deprive many people of personal contact in a place where they felt confident and welcome to discuss their banking.

Intense Training

Good employer, recognises a job well done, can be intense but that's due to being a financial institution and expected, although some staff don't really see this and therefore don't last very long. mixture of managers, same as anywhere else, sometimes your face needs to fit, some managers get away with doing very little and others have to work their socks off.

Pros

free hot drinks and water

Cons

not enough time between calls

Good workplace

This was a demanding role with a very call volume inbound of which we had to try and complete a minimum of 10 calls per hour. This was a fast paced buzzing call centre with good pay and bonuses.

Good place to work fully trained work life balance fair salary fair flexible benefits bonus scheme fair objectives chance to develop city center location friendly team

Pros

nice office

Cons

Corporate, but friendly and full of opportunity.

Fairly happy with the company. Decent salary, benefits and opportunity. Work socials leave something to be desired, but that can vary by team. The conpany can be fairly bureacratic and old fasioned, but changes to become more energetic, agile and open to change are emerging in most if not all areas of the organisation.

Pros

Free fruit, tea and coffee

Cons

Bureacratic, but trying to become agile

Always changing business

A great name in the banking industry and with the pay and bonus or benefits it is a good place to work. however if you are in band A-C it will be tough for the pay you actually receive. Progression is slim depending on areas near you to progress too.

Pros

Great employee benefits

Cons

High resilience needed

New starter feeling quite unsupported

I have only been working for Lloyd's for 6 weeks so this review is from a new starter perspective. It took almost 3 months from getting offered the job to my first day of training due to checks they do and booking onto the training. Training is 3 weeks which is quite brief, only going over basic things you do in the bank , since being in Branch iv encountered so many questions from customers I'm unable to fulfill because this wasnt covered in the training, luckily my colleagues have been great helping me. The training required on computer back in Branch is overwhelming, there is so much information to take in and I was unfortunately just left to it to read through which meant for long and tiring hours infront of a screen. I do feel as though management throw you in the deep end and expect you to get on with it , without having any sit down chats to see how you are getting on or any support you feel would help you settle in better. I still haven't had my counter training so am stood all day on my tablet in the banking hall, even though I have been told for the past 2 weeks I will receive my counter training, it hasn't happened , even when I mention it again. Communication and staffing is really poor, I am having to go to different branches and work even though I am still learning and dont feel fully settled in my main branch , I dont find out I'm going to different branches until the week before due to low staffing and sickness. Management are not great at things that matter to staff for example holidays and getting out on time , its not great when on your first week all of the -

Pros

Pay and benefits, friendliness

Cons

Late finishing, last minute communication, not enough support

Deadline driven, but good place to work

Friendly place to work, the work was very time driven, heavily monitored due to the amount of work and timeline for processing. Good benefits, some flexible hours. Enjoyed working there. Opportunity to apply for other jobs internally

Pros

Good benefits, driven

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Bank with

• Lloyds Bank
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?