Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,854 reviews matching the search
I loved working here! (Only left due to illness).It’s quite hard going at times and you need a lot of patience as some calls do get a bit heated. Training was excellent and workmates are very friendly. Pay is good enough and you do get some bonuses. I went through an agency with the chance to go permanent after 12 month, however if your a temp staff you don’t get treated like the perm staff. The managers don’t help you as much and some are very rude and not very helpful if you have a question. If those managers were as dedicated to helping all staff it would be a much nicer place to work.
Pros
Good training, hour lunches, friendly colleagues
Cons
Managers not very nice to agency staff
This is 110% top worst companies to work for zero thought for staffs mental health over worked underpaid, senior & middle management extremely unprofessional the company promote senior management as advocates for mental health but this is a smoke screen for what is actually going on. If a serious complaint is made by a member of staff for (bullying) it will never be taken seriously they will just move you to another team. This is how the company operates they never deal with underline issues very old school. Staff moral is extremely low the companies attitude is if your not happy you know where the door is and I actually did hear senior management say this out loud while I was working there, if you value your mental health and wellbeing you should stay away from this horrendous soul destroying company.
Pros
zero pros
Cons
extremely over worked, zero thought for staffs mental health & bullying management
I enjoyed working for Lloyds Banking Group. I particularly enjoyed the teamwork culture. I had good Team Manager. I found the role very refreshing. I gained the role the CAPITA which is an outsourcing company.
Pros
Good working atmosphere with on site refreshments.
Provides excellent training with good opportunities. Job security is good and there are many benefits added including private medical cover and pensions
The job is stressful. Basically your treated as a dog and give any tasks to do and they expect you to do it. Even ones you aren’t trained on. And the ones that you are trained on recently. They check you and. End up failing you. Lloyds is a career that gives more jobs and paid less. Stressful environment. They cancelled the Lloyds bonus this year. No sympathy for workers. Even throughout covid we have worked throughout.
Pros
Wear any clothing
Cons
Too many tasks which isn’t in advertisement
Great place to work. Productive. Good work life balance and flexibility. Able to grow and try new roles . Fun environment great teamwork. Training available.
Worked here for 2 weeks but got fired due to not being able to hit targets. I was referred by an agency and to be fair it was a relaxed environment but you gotta pass 100 cases for PPI a day or you get dismissed I was there for 2 weeks and unwell with tonsillitis and they still fired me they said they didn't have the support for me as they were new people starting.
Pros
Relaxed environment and free tea and coffee
Cons
Bad management
I personally think its a good environment to work in everyone is friendly, good training provided, lots of help available from other colleagues and managers.
Cons
Only 10 min breaks
An excellent place to work. You'll learn to know your customer in a supportive workplace culture where individuals, managers and teams work together to achieve the best results for customers and for the Bank.
Pros
Training
Cons
Retirement
Management can be a bit of a joke. Long hours. Not a lot of days off. Be prepared especially if agency worker. To be treated totally different to the permanent staff.
Pros
Goodish breaks.
Cons
Long hours. Bad shift pattern
When I started it was a brilliant business to work for, the staff motivation plus customer service and support that was available was outstanding. After a while changes happened then the atmosphere changed, no value for staff which is heart breaking.
Pros
Free parking if you arrived really early
Cons
No subsided canteen, may need to pay for parking
Applies for 9-5 position which was promised. Work time was then changed at the last minute before being placed on the phones to continental shift pattern, which was 12pm to 11pm 4 days a week, without notification or consent. Managers are the worst as they just tell people to "Look it up" if you have issues and asking for help is like pulling teeth.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Managers
Well paid but job satisfaction is non existent. Minimal input from senior management - until you do something wrong.Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Pros
Work life balance, pay, rewards (bonus)
Cons
Life sapping, mind numbing organisation.
Overall I been working with agency 2 year I still not been offered a permanent contract manager are disorganised I had to leave as I was having issue with payment
Pros
Ni
Cons
Great experience working at LBG. Great working companions. Smart offices with good quality equipment to use with good software to enable you to do you job better
Pros
Flexable working
Cons
In my experience working in 2 different roles within the bank I found a lack of respect for the employees. If you are lucky enough to have a good line manager then it’s bearable but there is not many of them at Lloyd’s. Stress levels are high with no work life balance.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, micro management, bullying, target driven even when targets removed by FCA
Lloyds has been my home for 24 years and the company is an excellent one to work for. The salary and package provided is good and the training is comprehensive and on going. Lloyds employ fabulous people and the standard of customer service provided is second to none. Lloyds really care about there customers
Pros
Salary and package, training, car parking, looking after there people, recognition, job security.
Cons
Shift patterns, staff shortage
cheerful staff and it was a cool experience working over there. also it gave a brief identity to my carrer and my future. Also at LLoyds you will have a team of experienced staff to guide you along your path if you face any difficulties in your day to day operations. Although the pay scale is good no much work pressure and cool surrounding to work around
Management only cares about numbers even when they say they don't. During the interview process, they'll act like the flexible working patterns are a two-way street, when in reality its give give give with nothing back in return. You're expected to live and breathe the company, any favour you do is expected rather than appreciated, and if you don't do said favour you're looked upon poorly. The promise of opportunity is also farcical, as commercial banking is dying. Customer also get away with murder and are allowed to treat you like dirt. The only positive is that some of the people who you work with (at CA level) are lovely, kind-hearted people, who don't mind helping you along your way. This job is okay for a short period of time, or for a few hours a week if you're studying or simply in dire need of employment. Do not think you can make a career out of this place, you might, but you'd be one of the lucky few.
I started working in general insurance it was a call centre and very strict. Noone was happy there. I got a job in pensions which was good until my manager changed and I got a bully for a manager. After submitting a grievance I moved to a different manager who was lovely. Unfortunately made redundant as many roles have been outsourced. Job security seems a thing of the past in Lloyd's Banking Group with redundancies being a regular thing. If you get in department with good people then its a good place but call centre environment type department is horrible no work life balance and not all managers are good
Pros
If you get a good manager in a good department great
Cons
Too many redundancies too much outsourcing
Great working environment.Able to work on your own initiative but also support from management available if required.Company is flexible with hours and home working.Excellent infrastructure and tools to assist in your role.