Lloyds Banking Group

Bristol76 reviews

Found 76 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

Training/Development

Plenty of opportunity for training and self development. Plenty of online options. Active backing from management to develop. Time to Study/Train is available.

As HBOS was great but as LBG awful

As HBOS it was a great place to work, very supportive and friendly. As soon as LBG took over everything changed. Culture was poor, totally inflexible and not particularly family friendly.

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Decent company

A fast paced environment but good training. Good benefit package and large network so advancement or side moves possible. Clear structure of accountability

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Flexible contract hours

Interesting

I enjoyed myself and found their staff very helpful most of the time. Top company! Their mantra is definitely helping you achieve and take on the direction that interests you in you aspect of the job.

Pros

Offered learning experience for what you needed brushing on

Over worked unpaid

False sense of security. I've worked in a few departments for lloyds. Managers don't really help. Training is very unorganised. Systems don't work. Overall some teams and people are nice but thats it. I wouldn't recommend it

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Long hours, under pay staff

Friendly and relaxed environment

I really enjoyed working for Lloyds and if my circumstances hadn't forced me to leave I would still be there. They help people progress in the company with training and exams. They encourage their employees to have a good work/life balance. You get out what you put in but they help you along the way. The graduate program is fantastic but hard work if you can get on it. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Pros

Lots of extra benefits

Cons

Hours can be long at certain times

Good company to work for

I enjoyed my time working for lloyds Bank.Sometimes it was stressful but rewarding, I liked being part of the team!**********************************

Great Company

I really enjoyed working for Lloyds Banking Group. There are excellent opportunities for growth and development. The work benefits are good and it is a supportive environment.

Review Summary

Working at Lloyds was very pleasurable working in a fast paced environment with lots of professionals. I would reccommend working there to anyone who is thinking about it

Good group of people and consistent workload

Enjoyed working under Lloyds, my work load was always consistent and manageable. The option for over time was also available. Enjoyed the team that I worked with, however didn't find them a particularly transparent company.

Good company

Typical corporate to work for. Pay is good but you work hard for it. Technology is slow. Too many middle managers. Staff mortgage is a nice perk. Nice canteen

Great team

Once of the best places I've worked. It's hard work but a great team there. was lucky with the people I worked with. I'd go back again for the right role.

Tread Carefully

Lloyds Banking Group has a CEO and board of executive directors who have the right ideas about how the bank should be managed, how it should take care of its people and where it should be going in the future. Sadly, this vision falls down when it reaches the lower managers (which most people will end up working under). The department I worked for was poorly managed particularly when it came to looking after the people that work so hard for them. They totally disregarded employee's medical circumstances when it came to mental health even when an expert recommendation was provided by a Doctor as well as the banks own occupational heath specialist. They had no interest in their employee's work life balance - even though the executive board advocate agile working and a good work life balance for colleagues. Colleagues were made to work under difficult conditions with no consideration given to the colleague, their personal circumstances and their mental health and wellbeing, even though the banks charity partner is Mental Health UK. In one case they breached the Equalities Act 2010 and refused to co-operate to reasonable suggestions to help the colleague and simply wouldn't listen to reason. It was very much a "my way or the highway" attitude so 30 colleagues in 18-24 months took the highway option. A bank that is sadly let down by power tripping, authoritarian, little Hitler managers that run (or try to run) its departments when in fact, they couldn't even run a bath. If you take a job here, don't get comfortable and always have an exit strategy. Keep your CV updated!

LBG is a good company

LBG has worked hard to improve its culture and working environment for colleagues in recent years. This has been adopted across many parts of the organisation but there is still work to be done

It is a good company to work for.

It is a good company to work for, a good working environment however you can get bogged down with ticking box bureaucratic exercises and career progression can be hard to attain.

Pros

good working environment

Cons

very bureaucratic

great place to work

I have really enjoyed my time at lloyds but i feel in order to progress my career i need to move companies. there are cuts being made in the business areas and i want to move forward before my job becomes at risk

Pros

flexible working

Cons

no career progession, cuts

Poor management

There is a massive lack of transparency in the organisation above all with senior managers and managers. All of them are friends and do not value your hard-work or effort , they only do if you get on with people and go to social events. My experience was awful and affect to my mental health. I would not recommend finance service business at all.

Amazing colleagues

The best thing about Lloyds is definitely the colleagues i have met some great friends for life. The downfalls are the salary and progression. Very under paid for what your doing and not much progression in certain areas.

Very productive

Was interesting to see how the company was run and how they ensured it was maintained and organised. It was also interesting to see how many benefits are available to Lloyds staff.

Badly affected my mental health

I can't speak for the entire company but my department affected my mental health in a poor way. The days were repetitive and uninspiring, managers were also uninspiring and despite my aspirations to progress I was never taken seriously and instead trapped into a role I didn't enjoy with no way out other than leaving the company entirely.

Other team members were lovely

Management were very keen to hit targets and these were pushed repeatedly to the point colleagues were under a lot of stress. Other colleagues were lovely to work with but everyone was under such stress that it made the workplace difficult to work in. Typical day at work was 7 hrs on the phone taking calls from customers and dealing with their requests. I learnt about the products and customer service. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and speaking to different people on the phones

Pros

Good benefits and colleagues

Cons

Stressful and long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement