Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews in Chester

Chester64 reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,183 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

Hard company to work for at times

More is expected of you than what you get paid for. Environment of work can become bland and youll get sick of being at the bottom .

Cut throat

Cut throat and devisive. You don’t have colleagues, you have competitors. It reminded me of Hunger Games. No sense of team or cooperation, people working against each other. A truly destructive workplace.Continuous waves of redundancies, having to reapply for your job. Mental health isn’t even on their radar.

Pros

There is a pension

Cons

Cut throat

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good for career progression if you want it.

It’s a good place to start a Career. If you are hardworking and keen to progress and put the effort in managers will help you achieve progression. Managers vary from department to department but most are approachable and understanding. In most departments full training it given.

Pros

Benefits, medical, pension, flexible hours, good progression

Good for career progression if you want it.

Pros

Benefits, medical, pension, flexible hours, good progression

Good overall

Great experience so far, plenty of opportunities to move departments. Securing interviews for other departments is tricky once you start in the call centre.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Shifts, 8-5 Saturday when it is pointless

Plenty of benefits, terrible shift patterns

Inbound Customer service advisor - MBNA was a great place to work, the salary and bonus structure was very fair for the work you had to do. Admittedly, initially it was a lot to take on but after a while it becomes second nature. The company offered plenty of benefits i.e career progression opportunities / subsidised canteen/ on site gym/ monthly prize /almost unlimited overtime/ give aways and always rewarded for the work you put in. However, they operated on a 12 week shift rotation (anything from a 6:00 - 14:00 to a 14:00- 22:00 working all sorts of weekend variations so it was very difficult to achieve any sort of work life balance. Overall a fantastic place to work for the work you do, except for the shift patterns.

Pros

Plenty of benefits

Cons

Terrible shift patterns (12 week rota)

Unorganised and Unfair

Honestly I’ve only been at this company 2 months and I’d advise everyone to avoid it at all costs. I’ve been informed they have a high turnover rate and I’m not surprised. I was 10 days behind everyone else in training due to it taking their ICT team that long to get me on to the systems. The systems are ineffective and crash constantly, causing customer dissatisfaction which backlashes on the treatment they give you. I’m beyond disgusted and will be leaving ASAP. If you want to be emotionally drained, this job is for you ;)

Fantastic place to work.

Its a great place to work. Your role is selected on ability with great training available. The salary is good and management are amazing.Never a single day i hated going to work.

Pros

Salary, colleagues, management, flexible, understanding, fair, positive

Cons

Contractual work

Not bad

My time at Lloyds so far has been mixed, I’ve been up skilled in many things (although making things slightly more demanding) I have done roles higher than my pay grade to build experience and am being helped to be promoted through the business. However through this time of coronavirus I’ve been disappointed in how we’ve been treated and not a lot of consideration has been put towards the workers at this time of stress and high demand.

Fun and productive place to work

Dealing with customer enquires and credit card management including account enquiries, complaints, disputed transactions, money transfers, online password almond memorable information reset, PIN reminders, management of direct debits, add/remove additional cardholders, changes to credit card limits, lost and stolen cards. I met company targets for call handling time, quality control and understanding, after call work and adherence to schedule. I established a good rapport with customers and achieved good customer feedback.

Very fast paced

The managers are no help the members of staff who work their are more helpful. The managers are rude and not supportive of new staff, there is a divide of permanent staff and agency. The training is very unhelpful and hot hands on enough, the continued support is non existent. Things are unclear. The calls are very fast paced your told to do your best and it never feels enough.

Business comes first

After working for the bank for a number of years it is obvious that the focus on the bank is the bank and not the customers or its staff. There is no work/life balance and the only opportunities for development are if you are friends with senior management or your face fits.

Lloyds Banking Group is a fantastic group to work for in many ways. They look after their staff and have a great benefits and pension scheme. It can be stressful at times but management are brilliant with supporting you.

Fair place to work

A typical day at work for MBNA is to arrive, take calls, serve the customer as best you can and try to be your best. The whole stat based call centre environment is long gone and there is a hige shift in focussing on helping colleagues Be Their Best.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Difficult to progess your career

Fun workplace

Went totally against their policy of work life balance in the area that I was in. Before that, was a great place to work. Great people and sorely miss them.

A good place to work with lots of variety in work for IT professionals

Many opportunities to learn new skills using a variety of different technologies. Moving to agile working processes from a number of key hub locations.

When MBNA great - When transition to lloyds it went down hill.

MBNA was a great place to work prior to the transition to Lloyd's where things became less like a work place and more like a slave house.. Managers stopped showing respect to colleagues, Some 'Trainers' from Lloyds spoke to people like dirt on their shoe and knew less than the people they were training.. Poor excuse of a transition and took away from the Customers too, It became more about profit than being a good moral company.

Pros

MBNA prior to Lloyds

Cons

MBNA Post transition

Good salary and benefits. Good teams to work for, very customer focused. Working hard to improve the reputation of the financial sector. Would recommend this employer

Constant organisational change

Working at LBG is consistently busy. If you are in a management role be prepared to have to re-apply for your job or go through a re-selection process every 2 years at least. Great place for flexible working though.

Fun and Engaging

A lot of times the staff that work there and managers will engage with you regularly and develop you. Sometimes that doesnt happen as frequently as youd like. The only other thing is job security, being a contract based employement you can never be sure youll have a job for good.

Fast paced target driven environment

Fast paced target driven. Not for me as it was a completely new directions that I decided was not suitable for me. Long hours which interfered with my home life.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Banking Group with

Learn about Lloyds Banking Group in Chester

• Lloyds Banking Group
  • Chester
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?