Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Edinburgh138 reviews

Found 138 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

Progression is good if your face fits

Managers are cliques and often have no idea what the teams actually do. They are very selective in promoting people and you are often give additional duties for no extra rewards

Friendly Workplace

My experience with LBG has been very good. I had the support I needed at the beginning, friendly and kind colleagues, management that understood my needs in many occasions and had open ears to listen and act. I was able to progress a bit and even though working in a contact centre can be stressful, I felt I could manage as there was support throughout.

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Dreadful Organisation

This is a dreadful organisation. I worked here for over 22 years in an HR Function. I was made redundant whilst signed off work as I was in chronic pain and barely able to walk. Lloyds love to have staff spend ridiculous amounts of time writing policies which mean nothing and entering for awards to pretend they care about disabled colleagues. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Terrible place to work

I wouldn't wish working for Lloyds on my worst enemy. I have had several roles with Lloyds and my last role as Relationship Manager within Business Banking Direct was by far the worst. We were named 'Relationship Managers', however, there was no management involved in the role. A typical day consists of several angry customers complaining that their debit cards have been blocked for going a few pounds overdrawn, overdraft renewals which take an hour to complete (asking customer tedious questions which are not really necessary), and fielding charge enquiries. The management is shocking. A 'Senior Manager' had performance discussions with under performing colleagues in earshot of other staff. You have achievable targets, however, the stress of call volume targets/call time targets made the role unbearable, as there was no customer service involved. Management also told new starts that they had to stay in the role for so long before applying for other internal roles (which is nonsense), as there were so many people leaving.

Pros

Colleagues, smart-casual dress, being paid when off sick

Cons

Management, stress levels, favouritism

Stress free job. Pay is below average

Stress free job. Pay is below average. Normal 9-5 job without any hassle however pay could improve massively as it is below average, other than that great place to work, great management, calm and peaceful environment.

Telephony - Mortgage processor

Good place to work training is amazing and the trainers are supportive. All managers are approachable and will always give help when needed. Pay was good. The job was easy after completing training and after training support was there if needed but well laid out company.

Stressful

Stressful job, don’t get paid enough. Ask too much of you and not much progression… well if your face fits you’ll be fine. Management isn’t the best. Wrong people for the job.

Customer at the heart of everything they do, and they really take care of their staff

I have worked for the company for nearly 12yrs. I find them a great company to work for… they listen to staffs ideas and act on them, they are big on work life balance so very flexible with shift patterns and hybrid working, benefits are great, a lot of chance for career progression… all round great company

Pros

Benefits hybrid working, flexible shift patterns

Cons

Pay could be a bit better inline with same jobs in other companies

Productive and enjoyable place of work

Great place to work. Good colleagues and management who give opportunities to develop skills regularly. Team had a dedicated coach to assist the team with product knowledge and keeping knowledge of regulations and procedures up to date. Call handling targets were achievable. Administration work given to work on between calls kept the working day interesting

Pros

Great colleagues Fixed hours good for planning your personal life Shares in the company

Cons

Some difficult customers

Enjoyed it

Great place to work, would recommend as a company. There is room for progression if you wish to work for it. I worked in a call centre it was a good team to work with.

It started out good

It's not easy to progress to progress there and I'm not even sure if it worth it.Unfortunately, during the years they have changed the ways we work and what he had to do on a daily basis for the worst.SW also becime money and production orientated like Halifax and people (clients and us alao) lost their value.It was a good start, I've got lots of experience in different things, but I was ao happy to leave.They weren't flexible with my working hours as they always advertise it.

Pros

Good place to start, if you like to work from 9-5 its ok.

Cons

Not flexible, they change thebjob disc, big turnaround in staff

Changing and challenging role

Fast paced, changing and challenging aspects of delivering diverse projects, using and developing new project disciplines eg Agile coaching, training.

Pros

Home working available, flexibility to attend to family demands

Cons

Expectation to meet deadlines out with 8 our contractual day

Ok if your permanent

I loved working here! (Only left due to illness).It’s quite hard going at times and you need a lot of patience as some calls do get a bit heated. Training was excellent and workmates are very friendly. Pay is good enough and you do get some bonuses. I went through an agency with the chance to go permanent after 12 month, however if your a temp staff you don’t get treated like the perm staff. The managers don’t help you as much and some are very rude and not very helpful if you have a question. If those managers were as dedicated to helping all staff it would be a much nicer place to work.

Pros

Good training, hour lunches, friendly colleagues

Cons

Managers not very nice to agency staff

More work given than advertised

The job is stressful. Basically your treated as a dog and give any tasks to do and they expect you to do it. Even ones you aren’t trained on. And the ones that you are trained on recently. They check you and. End up failing you. Lloyds is a career that gives more jobs and paid less. Stressful environment. They cancelled the Lloyds bonus this year. No sympathy for workers. Even throughout covid we have worked throughout.

Pros

Wear any clothing

Cons

Too many tasks which isn’t in advertisement

great environment

cheerful staff and it was a cool experience working over there. also it gave a brief identity to my carrer and my future. Also at LLoyds you will have a team of experienced staff to guide you along your path if you face any difficulties in your day to day operations. Although the pay scale is good no much work pressure and cool surrounding to work around

Amazing place to work

I was only on a temp contract but I was lucky enough to get a few temp contracts and I loved working there. Definitely one of my favourite jobs. Your expected to be on your A game at all times but you get well rewarded for it. The management are brilliant, the whole culture is first class TBH. One of my favourite jobs. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

The culture

Cons

Can't think of any

Not a greay experience

I have been hired for a position of Customer Service by email and occasionally outbound calls to clients and/or colleagues from different departments. After 3 months of hard work I was moved to inbound telephony with no opportunity for me to decide if I wanted to change position or not. So I was literally thrown into that department without even know what I was doing. I felt so uncomfortable. The whole situation was really stressful and unfair.

Pros

Nice environment, Good management, Friendly colleagues

Cons

No remote availability even during the lockdown, Forced to move to another position with only 1 week notice, Very pushing environment

Rewarding career

Spent over 22 years at Lloyds but had to retire on health grounds. Would recommend as a good place for someone to find a career in financial services industry.

Productive and Fun

The time spent at Lloyds banking group was Productive and Fun. I enjoyed my time as a Lead architect and enhanced both my experience and my skills. I was well rewarded.

Big company thats lost its way to outsourcing abroad.

Lloyds have move to an outsourcing model at the cost of British jobs. It may have Lloyds on the top of your comms letter, but it is fact an Indian company who runs he show. Still, senior bods at LBG got their bonus for coming up with this idea that outsourcing would increase their profits. Most of the staff have a look of life being drained form them and the ones who still occasionally smile are waiting on their pensions and just keeping their heads down. Look elsewhere for a better life work balance and a decent employer.

Pros

You get paid.

Cons

Lots of internal role movement with odd promotions to people who are simply just there, but don't really have the skills.

absolutely terrible pay

Easy customer service administrative job. However, there is a large discrepancy in pay between sites. My friend at another Lloyds site, but also working in customer service, earned 25% more than myself and colleagues at my site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Banking Group with

Learn about Lloyds Banking Group in Edinburgh

• Lloyds Banking Group
  • Edinburgh
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?