Lloyds Banking Group

Leeds156 reviews

Found 156 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

An OK place to work

Benefits once you are made permanent are good including generous pension contribution amongst others, however management are not very helpful or available. Escalating this got me nowhere. Not flexible when it comes to needing to take time off for emergencies.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Limited on progression

Great company to work for

Great rewards, support and very inclusive and diverse company to work for, helping British prosper. Fantastic training and job security. Flexible holidays, including term time, option to buy a weeks holiday every year, flex benefits, and optional private health insurance. Opportunity to grow within your role, sorry given to help you achieve more

Pros

Agile working

Cons

N/a

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

You get a lot of support & training, the job itself is not too difficult; it's definitely a learn on the job experience. The people are very nice and helpful, they have lots of benefits, can't really complain except about the pay, for the work we do and the importance I think the fraud team deserve a little more.

West bank leeds

Worked 7 years loved it, great people management was good from team leaders to operations managers. Relaxed atmosphere, you had to hit targets ofcourse but once work was done there was no pressure you could just relax

Pros

Great people

Cons

N/a

Repetitive and demanding

Terrible place to work. The managers are bullies and all p*ss in the same pot. Repetitive n awful wage. Tesco workers get more for stacking shelves than advisors who deal with irate customers all day long. The pay is appalling for a job that has high demands. No stability at all n they don’t value you for your work. The only thing your valued for is sucking up to the managers and they will all lie if one of them is in trouble.

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

Flexible employer for working parents

I worked at LBG for 14 years, part time. During that time I was able to move my hours and shifts around to suit my children. I was even able to complete a university degree. I was also granted term time hours which saved me a lot of money on childcare in the school holidays. I have been WFH since the pandemic which suits me really well. LBG have been good to me, but I'm now leaving to take on a new challenge which I'm really excited about.

Really enjoy working here

No ordinary call centre role - we help people every single day and it matters what we do. We can make it so people have a bad day or a good day and every day I finish work feeling I've helped someone.

Good stepping stone not for long term

Typical call centre. All about numbers. High expectations with poor training and communication. Good incentives. When you're performing you're the best thing ever. When you're not you're not.

Pros

Salary, holiday

Cons

Bad management too robotic

Awful

Very stressful , every day is the same it feels very isolating , no support with customers and no work - life balance. Can never book a holiday with the little hours, just absolutely draining do not recommend

Fun workplace

Great place to work. You get a lot of support from the team leaders and the rest of the staff. Also you be given so many opportunities to progress or change departments.

Productive workplace

Working at the Lloyds banking group contact call centre can be a very rewarding and satisfying job and the colleagues are nice and welcoming. Although some days can be stressful, unlike most other call centre jobs, targets are a thing of the past. Now it’s mainly compliant based on treating everyone fairly which could lead to you failing over something so minor.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Very compliant

Great experience

I loved my job and everyday was a new day. Nothing was same as yesterday and loads more opportunities when in their. Double time overtime most of the time.

Excellent work life balance and great perks.

Fantastic place to work in terms of work life balance, great pension and holiday offerings.Salary respectively low compared to other competitors. Senior Management can seem disconnected

Stressful and repetitive

The benefits are good however management could be improved. Holidays are very good, you could book the afternoon off that day if the hours were availabl

Opportunities for the few

Good first job for a year or too, stayed for 7 years and realised upward movement in telephony was unlikely due to the number of available positions, sideways movement to other departments available occasionally. Development opportunities within role given to favourites or those who are lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Often took the stress of the job home, some management really tried to support us but others didn't seem to care. Advertised as flexible but full time hours, worked shifts anywhere between 7am and 11pm depending on contract at the time, infrequently unable to move shifts for changes in personal circumstances and often worked or used holiday hours for appointments and other external commitments.

Productive collaborative and fun place to work

One of the best companies I have worked for, pay is fair, staff incentives, work life balance, can be stressful at times dealing with customers but so is every workplace.

Great

I like the fact that i can work from home forever. In the city centre, so you got a lot of places you could simply walk to. They give you the equipment to work from home too.

Pros

I can book my holidays whenever i want

Cons

Fast paced calls.

Stressful lines busy

Can get too much pressure at times Stressful and it made my anxiety worse but it was well paid and management were fairly supportive. Went remote during COVID

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Workload

good place to work for

excellent company you need patience and need to want to work there and talk to customers over the phone, you have to be to listen and work hard and have patience

Ok workplace because of the people

I’ve worked here four months and think it’s the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Poor management my money has been messed up since starting there and when speaking about it don’t really feel like I’m getting supported.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Saturday work not good with having kids to look after and poor management

If you value your sanity don't work here ...

Lloyds has really gone down the pan in the last few years. Staff no longer feel valued. Sickness is high. Turnover of staff is also high. Training is diabolical (used to be amazing) .Given very little training then thrown on the phones like lambs to the slaughter and if you don't know what to do on a particular call you are told by a manager "to look it up" .Majority of the managers have no idea how to even do our job !! Amd some of them have no empathy or people skills whats so ever. Lloyds promote mental health but have no regards to theirs employees mental health .And to top it off employees didn't recieve a bonus last year !Please avoid working here if you want to keep your sanity- especially in the call centre .

Pros

Free bupa health care

Cons

Stresfull, fast paced, shocking training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Banking Group with

Learn about Lloyds Banking Group in Leeds

• Lloyds Banking Group
  • Leeds
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?