Lloyds Banking Group

London315 reviews

Found 315 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

Good part-time/ first job

Lots of room for progression in retail banking but it is very slow-paced. It can be a great place to work but it is all dependent on your branch and location. Ideal for someone who wants a part time job whilst at college/university.

Great place

Excellent workplace . Loved working here. Great management. Keep it up . Salaries are a bit low but it’s not as stressful as any other banks . Offices are a bit drab though.

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Tough environment

The management get pressured for targets and although there are nobofficial targets they will still pressure you in an indirect way and call it making the customer better off. There is very little support due to their being low staff levels and this means if you need help there often isn't any. This makes starting as a new colleague quite horrific. The tablets and software they use are not fit for purpose so crash or fail often mid interview its embarrassing.

Pros

The customers are usually lovely

Cons

Weekend working very little recognition and next to zero career progression.

Fast paced, very target driven

You’re told frequently that you are replaceable should you not hit targets. It’s fast paced and you need to balance loads of things at once. Stressful.

Pros

Money

Cons

All the above plus long hours

Worse employer

DicriminationMisogynistic behaviourBad managementNo developmentNo promotionsVery bureaurocraticData not accessibleNo stable data storage lakesOld technologyConservative mindsLack of data science and machine learning expertise

Perfect for work-life balance

Lloyds is probably the best, most inclusive, place I have worked in recent years. It's friendly and relaxed with a great social scene and responsive management.

Immediate progress

It’s great chance to work bit complex to mange work load,god plan ve learn many thing is one place, very friendly and more knowledgeable business users but deadlines needs to meet as quickly

Stressful work environment and very little management

Used to be a very good place to work with fantastic benefits and holiday and sick pay. Now a very different environment, hardly any benefits. Management next to useless.To many managers and not enough people actually working. Training is available but you have no time to actually do it. You are not based at one branch, can be moved at anytime with no warning.

Pros

Cons

Not guaranteed a fixed place of work.

Productive and fun place to work

Great place to work. Productive. Good work life balance and flexibility. Able to grow and try new roles . Fun environment great teamwork. Training available.

Enjoyable place to work great people

Great experience working at LBG. Great working companions. Smart offices with good quality equipment to use with good software to enable you to do you job better

Pros

Flexable working

Cons

Productive with work life balance

Flexible working hour to support work life balance. in control of your daily task and work towards timely delivery. periodical management reviewing meetings for support and guidance.

Pros

defined role and in control with supportive management

Lloyds is a great, people-friendly place to work.

I felt valued a Lloyds as an individual and as a professional. The culture is objective, co-operative, helpful and non-competitive. Lloyds were highy supportive at a time of personal difficulty.

Pros

Flexible working, relaxed atmposphere, respect for employees

Cons

Career progression is difficult.

Toxic place

Very political place with a toxic culture that rewards failure and lethargy. Many employees have been there forever and have no ambition left. Muddled responsibilities, senior management clueless. High pressure in the sense that most time is spent in internal meetings and managing internal politics.

A rudderless ship heading into ricks

If you like being abused by clients and managers that you couldn’t trust to run a bath this is the place for you. Never got praised for the work you did the smallest detail wrong you get walked out the door

Pros

Good money great coworkers

Cons

Not paid over time. Managers run round like headless chickens

challenging and fun place

great place to work you will learn a lot about banking. You will be working a long side experienced professionals and exposed to very challenging projects/situations.

13 years at Lloyds Banking Group

When I first joined 13 years ago, I loved my job but the managers were bullies. I eventually moved to a wider part of the business where I fell in love with my job & got promoted a few times. The bank thrive on promoting Mental Health Awareness. Please note that this is all just for promotion and to raise money. When it comes to it and they make people redundant, there is no duty of care. Only support via people from HR that you don’t know. Managers don’t care. They are absolutely brutal and vile.

Pros

Can work from home

Cons

Poor management who don’t support you

Great work experience placement

My work experience gave me a brilliant insight into working in the banking industry which is why I am now looking to pursue a career in this particular field.

Productive, focused and flexible workplace

Productive, focused and flexible workplace. The work and people culture at Lloyds is fantastic especially within Digital. The dynamic environment can be challenging for those that are not adept to changing with the times as the company is continuing improving ways of working. As a benefit the flexible working is very flexible and one of the key benefits.

Great Employers

It’s great, not to demanding no pressure. Great development opportunities. Recommend for career progression and driven to work smart not hard. Great teamwork and no hierarchical system.

London

Working at Lloyds has taken up 6 years of my life and it has been a pleasure. It has always been a place where I have felt at home and management always allows for a very healthy work life balance. I want to work at Lloyds in a permanent position as I know first hand that the perks and job security in a perm position is second to none.

Work Hard and you get on

Expectation are high but if you work hard you can really succeed here. The environment sets a very high standard and you need to put in plenty of effort to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Banking Group with

Learn about Lloyds Banking Group in London

• Lloyds Banking Group
  • London
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?