Lloyds Banking Group

United Kingdom49 reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

Productive and fun place

Good work ethics, Good work-life balance, Worked as a contractor, flexible hours, they listen to staffs ideas and act on them, All the perm staff were good they treat you well.

Pros

Good company to start ur career

Cons

None found

Fast paced but fun environment, the people make the job

A workplace that looks after it’s staff members, an enjoyable place to work, always someone to go to if you need assistance. Each department has a team of people. A diverse variety of opportunities to learn. Good benefits such as flexible working, pension & medical cover. Basic pay could be a bit higher.

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Benefits okay, senior management misguided

Ways of working clouded by decisions made by senior management which affect the staff on ground level, with no input from said staff. Convenient with flexible working, okay salary and lots of corporate benefits. Great people for the most part.Focus only on stats for phone lines and cases, so much so that the customer and colleagues detriment from it. Need to focus on improving the customer journey and colleague resources.Employee retention is very poor due to misguided placement of new colleagues into the ‘deep end’.

Pros

Convenient, great people, large firm

Cons

Clueless, unorganised, poor decisions

Amazing place to work

I was only on a temp contract but I was lucky enough to get a few temp contracts and I loved working there. Definitely one of my favourite jobs. Your expected to be on your A game at all times but you get well rewarded for it. The management are brilliant, the whole culture is first class TBH. One of my favourite jobs. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

The culture

Cons

Can't think of any

Talk about racist set up

If you are of ethnic minority this is not the place for you. No career progression. I was told your face does not fit. There is room for improvement..

Pros

Easy access if local to Brighton

Cons

no career progression for ethnic minority

daily

You answer 40 to 50 calls on a daily basis. The management dont understand how to lead from the front. The hardest part of the job was training.

absolutely terrible pay

Easy customer service administrative job. However, there is a large discrepancy in pay between sites. My friend at another Lloyds site, but also working in customer service, earned 25% more than myself and colleagues at my site.

Not interested

I'm not in the least bit interested in being forced to submit a review when I understood this part to be obligatory. Please adjust your settings accordingly.

good place to work as Permanent

clear consice training and on job training, gaining experience from other colleagues, was involved with all aspects, its a shame I was a temp, I have applied for a permanent role and are in screening

Pros

lots to learn

Cons

being temporary

Good place

Comfortable place to work as an admin. People are nice and friendly. Admin work is quite easy but there are times when it can be demanding. There are group activities you can take part in.

Jobs at Lloyds Banking Group

Administrator positions
See more jobs

A new vocation learnt a lot

Was taken presumably for 18 months fixed term contract - but this didnt exist hence leaving after a couple of months, I would have liked to be there for the 18 months this would have enabled me to add more experiences to my CV

fun, relaxed

I enjoyed working at Lloyds so much, all the manager are fair and helpful and really just want to see you progess and do well. You can choose your own lunch hours.

Very professional and very helpful colleagues

A typical day of work involved checking e-mails, printing, working with Microsoft Excel and Word, entering confidential information into a database and printing. I learned to be more independent and also learned more about e-mail etiquette in the workplace. The management structure was well explained and I knew who to go to for help. The people I worked with were friendly and they took an interest. The hardest part of the job was deciding what to do when an awkward situation arose, as I was only a temp and I was not trained to carry out certain actions, and sometimes it was difficult to decide whether I should try and deal with it myself or pass on the responsibility to someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job were the huddles, they instilled a real sense of togetherness, as well as updating us about how the company was doing.

Pros

Friendly and approachable colleagues, sense of togetherness, occasional rewards such as breakfast baguettes

Cons

Nice people & environment to work in.

Business Administration Department was always busy, Enjoyed working for the company. The hardest part was keeping to strict deadlines, nice atmosphere, Management varied & swopped different departments all the time. I learned that not to try & keep up the Youngsters who were well in advance of Me... I.e Typing skill & Speed.

Pros

Good Comany to work for, relaxed environment, friendly staff.

Cons

Kpi's, Timed whilst doing job, Only a Temp position

Just awful

Honestly the worse place I have EVER worked. Micro managed by people who can’t even write a grammatical correct email. When I say micro managed I mean even timed going to the toilet! Management is a definite boys club. Just don’t do it, they treat you like animals and pay you even worse.

Pros

It was close to my house

Cons

Everything else

I worked 9 to 5 with two fifteen minute breaks and half an hour for lunch. I learned two different packages relating to insurance and was communicating verbally on the telephone, in writing in letter form and by e-mail. Everyone there helped each other and there was a really nice atmosphere. All levels of management was friendly and approachable and never put you down but encouraged you to get things right by keeping everything simple. The hardest part of the job was the training and learning everything so quickly but I also enjoyed this part as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you had come to the end of a telephone call with a customer and they thanked me for being so helpful and patient.

Pros

Lovely atmosphere

Cons

Luch was over by the time I had got to the canteen and back.

Great place to work. Only issue is repetitiveness of work. Always a lot of work available and days go in quickly. Lots of progression and career building.

Nice place

From my experience the staff where great . Communication not so .office can be cold but I did like working here Office very dusty Loos dirty Management ok Depends who it is

Pros

Friendly - bank hold off

Cons

Cold office ; dusty ;dirty staff loos

Flexibility

A typical day at work is mostly spend seven hours processing customer's information. The most advantages are flexibility, free parking and hot drinks. As a temporary worker they do not care about your progression and ideas.

Lot of pressure

My team was amazing and my last manager was excellent, approachable and thoughtful about his team. However, the workload and pressure were enormous. Without giving you a comprehensive training, the managers expected you to deal with a complex cases. It was a time when I used to forget to have a cup of tea and didn't have a time to speak with my colleagues at all. Also I saw my colleagues not being treated fairly. Many people left and the bank didn't try to retain them. It's a big organisation and I didn't feel they care about the people. Lots of managers saw only the figures and wanted to look good at the employees expense. It was a disappointing experience.

Pros

Fruits basket every week

Cons

Pressure

fun workplace

when I was on work experience here for two day it was a really good experience as we got to see all of the different jobs opportunities. we also had to do a lot of teamwork which I really enjoyed doing.

Pros

good experince

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement