Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Reviews for Administrator

You answer 40 to 50 calls on a daily basis. The management dont understand how to lead from the front. The hardest part of the job was training.
I was only on a temp contract but I was lucky enough to get a few temp contracts and I loved working there. Definitely one of my favourite jobs. Your expected to be on your A game at all times but you get well rewarded for it. The management are brilliant, the whole culture is first class TBH. One of my favourite jobs. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Can't think of any
If you are of ethnic minority this is not the place for you. No career progression. I was told your face does not fit. There is room for improvement..
Pros
Easy access if local to Brighton
Cons
no career progression for ethnic minority
Easy customer service administrative job. However, there is a large discrepancy in pay between sites. My friend at another Lloyds site, but also working in customer service, earned 25% more than myself and colleagues at my site.
I'm not in the least bit interested in being forced to submit a review when I understood this part to be obligatory. Please adjust your settings accordingly.
clear consice training and on job training, gaining experience from other colleagues, was involved with all aspects, its a shame I was a temp, I have applied for a permanent role and are in screening
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
being temporary
Comfortable place to work as an admin. People are nice and friendly. Admin work is quite easy but there are times when it can be demanding. There are group activities you can take part in.
Was taken presumably for 18 months fixed term contract - but this didnt exist hence leaving after a couple of months, I would have liked to be there for the 18 months this would have enabled me to add more experiences to my CV
I enjoyed working at Lloyds so much, all the manager are fair and helpful and really just want to see you progess and do well. You can choose your own lunch hours.
A typical day of work involved checking e-mails, printing, working with Microsoft Excel and Word, entering confidential information into a database and printing. I learned to be more independent and also learned more about e-mail etiquette in the workplace. The management structure was well explained and I knew who to go to for help. The people I worked with were friendly and they took an interest. The hardest part of the job was deciding what to do when an awkward situation arose, as I was only a temp and I was not trained to carry out certain actions, and sometimes it was difficult to decide whether I should try and deal with it myself or pass on the responsibility to someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job were the huddles, they instilled a real sense of togetherness, as well as updating us about how the company was doing.
Pros
Friendly and approachable colleagues, sense of togetherness, occasional rewards such as breakfast baguettes
Cons
Business Administration Department was always busy, Enjoyed working for the company. The hardest part was keeping to strict deadlines, nice atmosphere, Management varied & swopped different departments all the time. I learned that not to try & keep up the Youngsters who were well in advance of Me... I.e Typing skill & Speed.
Pros
Good Comany to work for, relaxed environment, friendly staff.
Cons
Kpi's, Timed whilst doing job, Only a Temp position
Honestly the worse place I have EVER worked. Micro managed by people who can’t even write a grammatical correct email. When I say micro managed I mean even timed going to the toilet! Management is a definite boys club. Just don’t do it, they treat you like animals and pay you even worse.
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
Everything else
I worked 9 to 5 with two fifteen minute breaks and half an hour for lunch. I learned two different packages relating to insurance and was communicating verbally on the telephone, in writing in letter form and by e-mail. Everyone there helped each other and there was a really nice atmosphere. All levels of management was friendly and approachable and never put you down but encouraged you to get things right by keeping everything simple. The hardest part of the job was the training and learning everything so quickly but I also enjoyed this part as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you had come to the end of a telephone call with a customer and they thanked me for being so helpful and patient.
Pros
Lovely atmosphere
Cons
Luch was over by the time I had got to the canteen and back.
Great place to work. Only issue is repetitiveness of work. Always a lot of work available and days go in quickly. Lots of progression and career building.
From my experience the staff where great . Communication not so .office can be cold but I did like working here Office very dusty Loos dirty Management ok Depends who it is
Pros
Friendly - bank hold off
Cons
Cold office ; dusty ;dirty staff loos
A typical day at work is mostly spend seven hours processing customer's information. The most advantages are flexibility, free parking and hot drinks. As a temporary worker they do not care about your progression and ideas.
My team was amazing and my last manager was excellent, approachable and thoughtful about his team. However, the workload and pressure were enormous. Without giving you a comprehensive training, the managers expected you to deal with a complex cases. It was a time when I used to forget to have a cup of tea and didn't have a time to speak with my colleagues at all. Also I saw my colleagues not being treated fairly. Many people left and the bank didn't try to retain them. It's a big organisation and I didn't feel they care about the people. Lots of managers saw only the figures and wanted to look good at the employees expense. It was a disappointing experience.
Pros
Fruits basket every week
Cons
Pressure
when I was on work experience here for two day it was a really good experience as we got to see all of the different jobs opportunities. we also had to do a lot of teamwork which I really enjoyed doing.
Pros
good experince
Cons
Working at Lloyds in my current role has given me the opportunity to apply the skills I have learned during my time at University. For example, I am able to meet deadlines as well as communicate effectively with colleagues and most importantly, the role has given me the chance to polish my teamwork skills.
A good bank to work for. A good working environment. Good job security. Opportunities are there if you want to progess. Working day is spent at a desk with a PC. Good working culture with a mixture of people of different ages, races, religions and faith
Pros
Near to my home
Cons
Travelled by train to work
Typical day continuous workflow. I have learned team collaboration is fundimental to the working day. Management are always approachable. The workplace culture is open and honest. The hardest part of the job is to maintain targets and service levels. The most enjoyable part of the job is in itself job satisfaction with a sense of achievement.
Pros
free supply of coffe/tea machines