Lloyds Banking Group

Client Advisor69 reviews
United Kingdom69 reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,187 reviews
lbgbankingcolleagueprogressionrolebankcentretarget

I worked in a branch and it was toxic

Lack of communication from management regarding progression. I was put forward for progression and then removed without my knowledge. I was removed because I showed lack of commitment because I went to the walk in centre in the middle of a shift after coming in with an all over body rash that was later diagnosed as measles. I was only made aware after calling to find out when my training was. Environment was toxic, mainly stemming from managers encouraging toxic competition between staff.

Poorly Managed.

I've worked here for over 10 years and it's always been fast paced, which can make your day go by quickly. However everything else nowadays is a complete shambles. - Bank advises that job opportunities, development etc is on a 'Fair and Transparent ' basis yet most development roles need to be endorsed by your line manager and if you want to try for any Team Manager cover roles then they are normally decided by your senior management. It's more 'If your face fits' than anything else. - Management roles are given to people who talk the talk but certainly can't walk the walk. Half of them don't know what day it is let alone know how to manage a team. You get fobbed off if you have a query or need help. - Got an opinion? As long as its not seen as negative then you'll be ok. Management don't like to hear negative thoughts or opinions and if you do then you're then tarred with being a trouble maker. - If you're off ill, you have to call in every day (Unless you have a sick line or are Lkng Term Sick) and you get the joy of speaking to a different Manager each time. Some will question you thouroghly and others won't even pass on the message that you've called. -Senior Management will discuss your absence with all other managers at their team meetings (I know this first hand as I've been a manager) breaking all confidentiality. - Teams get rotated frequently and given managers who can't support them properly as they aren't skilled themselves. -Absences are covered up whereas others are managed out the business, there's no consistency and processes aren't followed correctly. -

Pros

Salary

Cons

Stressful, high call volumes, high wait times, frustrated customers, no support, few development opportunities, absence is discussed throughout management, poor work/life balance, bad shift options

Insights into Lloyds Banking Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Disgusting

Wouldn't suggest it to anyone. The company does not do anything to help their customers and even less their workers. If you suggest a solution it is completely ignored.

Terrible place

promises made not delivered. Promised a certain wage package to be told that was not what it is.Promised shift pattern was changed without warning or care

Good part-time/ first job

Lots of room for progression in retail banking but it is very slow-paced. It can be a great place to work but it is all dependent on your branch and location. Ideal for someone who wants a part time job whilst at college/university.

Great place to work, customer advisor

Overall great place to work, good atmosphere and good management, can be very busy at times and customers can be challenging but plenty of perks to level it out.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Challenging customers and targets

decent place to work

you get out of it what you put in. if you work hard then the managers are really helpful and bend over backwards to help you. the same goes if you don't put in any effort they aren't going to go out of their way to help someone who doesn't want to help them. the job isn't hard if you have any common sense and can take some initiative.

Pros

decent pay for how easy the job is

Cons

you have to stick to your set schedule but is doing your job really a con

Unorganised and Unfair

Honestly I’ve only been at this company 2 months and I’d advise everyone to avoid it at all costs. I’ve been informed they have a high turnover rate and I’m not surprised. I was 10 days behind everyone else in training due to it taking their ICT team that long to get me on to the systems. The systems are ineffective and crash constantly, causing customer dissatisfaction which backlashes on the treatment they give you. I’m beyond disgusted and will be leaving ASAP. If you want to be emotionally drained, this job is for you ;)

Friendly & inclusive work environment

Long on boarding procedure but I guess that's the security vetting. I was made to feel included from the first day. The training is in depth and prepared me well for my role.In branch great managers, everyone was very helpful and answered my million questions with patience and understanding.Excellent pay and benefits package, shares, pension savings etc. and career progression actively encouraged.Loved the uniform.

Pros

Great pay, nice uniform, great managers, career progression

Balanced Ethos

An excellent place to work. You'll learn to know your customer in a supportive workplace culture where individuals, managers and teams work together to achieve the best results for customers and for the Bank.

Pros

Training

Cons

Retirement

10 years since i left but loved it there

I worked for Lloyds for 10 years, 10 years ago and loved it i sadly left due to redundancy while on maternity leave so had no option but they are fantastic to work for

Not a great place to work

Temps are constantly told your a temp (so basically they can get rid straight away) started off 12 of us I left after 12 weeks there were only 4 of us remaining! Callers are ok if you are used to working in contact centre, Management have favourites ask them any questions they think your thick! Know their computer system jargon your laughing but it constantly changes-but you should know that????

Good if you're looking for a career in Banking

If you are looking for a career in banking then Lloyds banking group is a good company to work for. The company is very vast and if you want to progress there are many avenues you can go down

LLoyds banking group

Lloyds banking group are friendly, understanding and caring and is a fast paced environment. The training is up to date and always on going training, the managers are helpful

Pros

Ongoing oportunitys

Cons

Need to be in with the rght managers to get oportunitys

Bullies

Awful place to work bullied by so many people and made to feel awful. Management spoke to you like absolute trash! Staff where so scared of management they would join in on the bullying or be off sick constantly due to the working environment.

Overall excellent to work

Lots of benefits included to regular salary raises, bonuses up to twice a year, great mental health support and most managers are friendly and will support you if you need it

stress is more than what they pay.

I have worked there year and half, and management is poor as everyone could see that the managers are never get along and all stress comes to the new starters. training is poor. always matter is who do you know. no support if they do not like you and they will even try to find out something to throw you out.

Good Job. Good Team. Great for Experience.

This was my first role in an office environment and although it was new I found it to be a very rewarding job. Working in the bereavement team was a mixture of happy and sad due to the nature of the job, however, the team that you work with are very supportive from management right down to your colleagues and when you complete the cases you have it is very rewarding to know that you have helped people in a time of need and sadness. When the business is busy you will feel the pressure and management will push for the job to be done quickly and efficiently as you would expect and in turn when the business is calm you will see that management will give a little bit of freedom to you as they understand that the role you are undertaking can be difficult. You are not target driven in the business as this would not be fair to employee or customer but you will find that due to the nature of the job you will want to press through as many cases as possible so that you can help as many customers to get the right outcome and you will have a very helpful team and management to help you along the way. The office is a very open and friendly environment to be in and if you are considering a move to this business then I would say do it.

Poor training and little support

Poor training and little support once in the role, management contradictory and hard to find, online help available but you need to know the answer to find the question the only good thing was leaving

A good place of work

was expected to know your job after only 5 weeks of training. highly pressurised job Management was supportive but limited in ways they could help you. Hardest part of the job was getting the correct information to give to the customer, there were little room for error Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a team and supporting each other.

Horrible management

Horrible managers. People dont care about you in this work place and the higher up you look the more bad and lazy the management. Some people are nice but you get a feel of how greedy and horrible the finance industry is.

Pros

Warm building

Cons

Lazy managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement