Lloyds Banking Group

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 639 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,004 reviews

Great starter job

Worked here since I was 19, started off in branch as a cashier and was promoted within 6 months. Had a banking consultants job for 6 months before moving to the mortgage side of the business where I have been for 15 months. Great place to work, people are brilliant, not as much pressure as you would expect and a great support network, only issue for me is salary. I feel for what I do, I’m not not paid enough and within my business area, the promotion opportunities aren’t great although I have got there myself.

Pros

Work life balance, Great support, Flexible shifts

Cons

Average salary, expected to do more for no extra

All work no fun

The organisation was disorderly and they did not provide the correct training, support for the role, it was like working in call centre, the pay very bad.

Pros

Never free lunch

No work life balance

No work life balance, days off swapped at the drop of a hat, location changed frequently, poor pay for the job that you do, no thanks given. Lazy management who do nothing to help.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Poor management

It started out good

It's not easy to progress to progress there and I'm not even sure if it worth it.Unfortunately, during the years they have changed the ways we work and what he had to do on a daily basis for the worst.SW also becime money and production orientated like Halifax and people (clients and us alao) lost their value.It was a good start, I've got lots of experience in different things, but I was ao happy to leave.They weren't flexible with my working hours as they always advertise it.

Pros

Good place to start, if you like to work from 9-5 its ok.

Cons

Not flexible, they change thebjob disc, big turnaround in staff

Extremely low morale at present

Extremely low morale at present, branches working on the bare minimum of staff. Colleagues are overworked, overwhelmed and at breaking point. Pushed to sign up for an Apprenticeship, however, no time is being allocated for it. Development is non existent, targets are the only thing that matter. Very little work/life balance, I have given years of my life to this company and they have finally broken me, taken my self respect and joy for life that I once had.

Pros

A regular salary

Cons

Lack of support, non investment in their digital solutions, compared to other high street banks. Low salary, lack of development opportunities, very sales driven.

Toxic

This job is horrific. It crippled my mental health and nearly every single person who was in my team. There training is terrible, it does not prepare you for the role at all. Dealing with nasty people and terrible managers is not worth the minimum pay you receive. The worst decision I have ever made was accept a job from there. Every person who was on my team left due to the awful work conditions. If you value your mental health and sanity DO NOT GET THIS JOB!

Cons

Long hours, poor management, poor training

Amazing colleagues and staff

Fabulous company. Supportive and caring. Would highly recommend Lloyd's as a career option. So many options to progress your career. Best job I ever had

Pros

Pension

Cons

Some weekend working

Great company to work for

Fantastic company to work for. Felt valued.Happy work balance.Great rate of pay and benefits.Great to serve the public.Fun work night works.Lifetime friendships.

Pros

Great frienships

Cons

Too much cake

Fast paced, lots of advancement, stressful

Fast paced. Stressful. Lots happens behind the scenes. Need strong backbone. Low wage. Some managers; bad personalities - ignored if good at their job

Pros

Easy to move up

Cons

Long hours, overtime with no pay, stressful

great place to work

I would definitely recommend Lloyds Bankng Group as a supportive and progressive place to work. Pay is fair and collaborative working is encouraged.

Standard desk job

There's a lot to learn at first. Can feel overwhelming. I've worked here 10 years now and feel I need to get off the hamster wheel. Ideal job if you're in further education or as a first job. They have been really flexible with my hours as a working mother as well.

Pros

Work perks

Cons

Monotonous

Supportive company

Provides excellent training with good opportunities. Job security is good and there are many benefits added including private medical cover and pensions

Productive and fun place to work

Great place to work. Productive. Good work life balance and flexibility. Able to grow and try new roles . Fun environment great teamwork. Training available.

Meh

Management can be a bit of a joke. Long hours. Not a lot of days off. Be prepared especially if agency worker. To be treated totally different to the permanent staff.

Pros

Goodish breaks.

Cons

Long hours. Bad shift pattern

Avoid at all costs

Applies for 9-5 position which was promised. Work time was then changed at the last minute before being placed on the phones to continental shift pattern, which was 12pm to 11pm 4 days a week, without notification or consent. Managers are the worst as they just tell people to "Look it up" if you have issues and asking for help is like pulling teeth.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Managers

Boring work, boring company. So old school and convinced that layers of risk warnings are appealing to the average customer.

Well paid but job satisfaction is non existent. Minimal input from senior management - until you do something wrong.Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Pros

Work life balance, pay, rewards (bonus)

Cons

Life sapping, mind numbing organisation.

Wouldn’t recommend

In my experience working in 2 different roles within the bank I found a lack of respect for the employees. If you are lucky enough to have a good line manager then it’s bearable but there is not many of them at Lloyd’s. Stress levels are high with no work life balance.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay, micro management, bullying, target driven even when targets removed by FCA

Depends on Dept and manager

I started working in general insurance it was a call centre and very strict. Noone was happy there. I got a job in pensions which was good until my manager changed and I got a bully for a manager. After submitting a grievance I moved to a different manager who was lovely. Unfortunately made redundant as many roles have been outsourced. Job security seems a thing of the past in Lloyd's Banking Group with redundancies being a regular thing. If you get in department with good people then its a good place but call centre environment type department is horrible no work life balance and not all managers are good

Pros

If you get a good manager in a good department great

Cons

Too many redundancies too much outsourcing

Undervalued in the hierarchy

Felt like I was just there to do the jobs no one else wanted to do. Unless you were part of the ‘in’ crowd. Often had to work up to 2 hours after my scheduled finish with no recompense. Some of the managers had ‘delusions of grandeur’. I wouldn’t recommend working here for anyone that wants to regain a sense of well-being and life/work balance.

Pros

None I can remember

Cons

Often working over scheduled hours

Over worked unpaid

False sense of security. I've worked in a few departments for lloyds. Managers don't really help. Training is very unorganised. Systems don't work. Overall some teams and people are nice but thats it. I wouldn't recommend it

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Long hours, under pay staff

Talk about racist set up

If you are of ethnic minority this is not the place for you. No career progression. I was told your face does not fit. There is room for improvement..

Pros

Easy access if local to Brighton

Cons

no career progression for ethnic minority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Lloyds Banking Group with

• Lloyds Banking Group
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?