Lloyds Banking Group
Happiness score is 56 out of 100
View all Lloyds Banking Group reviews

Lloyds Banking Group

Lloyds Banking Group Employee Review

Stress free job. Pay is below average

Stress free job. Pay is below average. Normal 9-5 job without any hassle however pay could improve massively as it is below average, other than that great place to work, great management, calm and peaceful environment.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Poor Management no advancement if managers don't like you.

Salary is above average, but you will be worked like a dog often (usually staying late to clear up a mess after another banking system failing). You will be offered time off in lieu of this, but your managers will deny you it, stating that the dept is too busy. Cliques have formed due to a number of staff being there for a many years. You will be made to feel unwelcome unless they decide they like you,.

Pros

Above average salary.

Cons

Unfriendly to new members of staff, managers will deny you progression if they decide they don't like you.
Same roleSame location

Good Temp Job

It was a good temp job. Got to learn a lot about how the internals of retail banking works. I did have a con- It was an average work culture with no good employee dynamics.
Same location

Terrible place to work

I wouldn't wish working for Lloyds on my worst enemy. I have had several roles with Lloyds and my last role as Relationship Manager within Business Banking Direct was by far the worst. We were named 'Relationship Managers', however, there was no management involved in the role. A typical day consists of several angry customers complaining that their debit cards have been blocked for going a few pounds overdrawn, overdraft renewals which take an hour to complete (asking customer tedious questions which are not really necessary), and fielding charge enquiries. The management is shocking. A 'Senior Manager' had performance discussions with under performing colleagues in earshot of other staff. You have achievable targets, however, the stress of call volume targets/call time targets made the role unbearable, as there was no customer service involved. Management also told new starts that they had to stay in the role for so long before applying for other internal roles (which is nonsense), as there were so many people leaving.

Pros

Colleagues, smart-casual dress, being paid when off sick

Cons

Management, stress levels, favouritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lloyds Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement