LloydsPharmacy
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom606 reviews

Stressful and fast paced

A new system has come into place in lloyds pharmacies which is more complicated than the old system and its a very stressful place to work in . No support is given by the company when you are short staffed

Stressful and overworked

Long hours, low staffing levels, basic pay. Difficult and stressful working environment with little support from higher management. Very target driven with no support to actually achieve them.

Insights into LloydsPharmacy

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Wouldn't work with the company

I would personally would not advise anyone to work for lloyds pharmacy as you are just a number to them the area management is shocking the don't care about store managers. Literally the worse company to work for and I would not put anyone through it

Pros

Cons

Long hours, most of the time you don't get a break during a 9 hr shift

Not nice

If your face don’t fit your treated bad. The branch I worked for were not nice people. Really put me off ever working in a pharmacy again. They had favourite employees.

Awful

I Worked for lloyds for 15 years, I used to enjoy my job but they no longer care about anything but profit. Very stressful job and customers are awful as they don't understand we are TOLD to send prescriptions offsite and it isn't just because we are slow

Extremely hostile environment.

● Zero training offered to new starters.● Customers mocked in ear shot.● No help from other employee's or management.● Humiliated infront of customers on multiple occasions.● Incredibly unprofessional staff. Feels more like a clicky popular girls club.

Pros

Hours and days off are ideal.

Cons

Literally everything else about this place was awful.

Rubbish company

I worked for them for 3 months and they were terrible to work for, I have had some rubbish employers in the past but these take the biscuit, management was dismal, the higher up you went the worse they were, would not recommend this place to anyone!!! Came home crying way too much, and was a waste of 3 months of my life. Even when I did over time and worked my myself to the bone and they were ungrateful. Other staff only stay as it is convenient and near where they live

Pros

Cons

Long hours with no appreciation

They don’t care about staff

Poor pay and large workload. Website, system and process issues. Put you on courses then don’t give you support and time to complete them. They don’t care about staff. Friction between departments.

Nice place to work

Nice work relationships, people are friendly and will help you with almost anything.There is also a lot of career progression, you can definitely move up in roles and department's.

No way again never again

Started 2019Then finished 2019 never againNo support no trainingManagement non existentBullying cultureDon't recommendShort staffedIncreased workload

Pros

Part time

Underpaid and overlooked.

Take a job here if you wish to go without pay and then get blamed for not having received your pay and get no support from your manager or anyone else in the company for that matter. Disgusting.

Productive and fun place to work. Amazing team

Good and fun place to work. If you love new challenges that can develop your problem solving skills and help you grow career wise, then this is your place.I work with the most amazing team and my managers are super, very patient, understanding and helpful.

Stresspot

Learn on the job,but nobody has time to help u learn,very stressful and busy. Not very friendly staff ,well most.Stock everywhere and late lunch as no fair structure. Staff room poor. No time to stock shelfs or organise stock. Again STREEEFUL .......

Good company, fast paced, great holiday entitlement

I enjoy working for Lloyds Pharmacy the company offers a competitive wage compared with other pharmacies I have worked. There is overtime available should you wish to do more hours and working in other branches is an option. There is opportunities to gain new skills with regular learning available. As with all pharmacies it is quite a fast paced role where you will need to multi task but if you enjoy working in pharmacy the company is a good place to work. Being a large company they have a good HR department always on hand to offer support where needed. I have worked for a few multiples and independent pharmacies but prefer working with Lloyds. They offer 5 weeks holiday entitlement plus bank holidays for all staff and a company discount of 10%. I would recommend this company.

Good place to work, very friendly staff. Always good to help for new people. Not hard job. Very interesting job go in the Rooms. Easy sorted day off and holiday.

Ex pharmacy assistant

When I first joined the company , we were fully trained, supported by our management teams had pharmacist who were regular and customers had a familiar face they trusted , the stores were well stocked , and customers were well catered for, then they changed to the EPN style of store and that’s when it all came apart , we were told as employees if we didn’t like the changes we could leave , it because profit lead no consideration to the local areas needs , the focus was on selling higher priced skin care etc , yes there were staff who were trained in main areas , skin , pain ,diabetes but when they left the training stopped , management decided to customers to sign up to the pharmacy ordering their medication, then that got out of control, and we then had angry, frustrated abusive cues of customers constantly complaining and rightly so that there medication wasn’t ready on time as we’d promised on sign up that it would be , then there was a high level of experienced staff leaving , no time allocated to order of stock the store , I absolutely loved my job in the beginning would be with the company now if not for the changes and disrespect from our then management team who also constantly left and changed , and I know my colleagues would of stayed too as we meet regularly and are still friends .

Cons

List to long to

Dispenser

Fast paced environment, friendly colleagues. Part time work available. Helpful with course, and progression, although not much time to study. Low hourly rates.

Pros

Part time work available

Cons

Low hourly rate

Unproductive

This company really drained me not felt appreciated at all other staff are bully’s and management ignore this pharmacists are great but it’s not a company you can stay with as has a very high turnover of staff

Company Decline

My regional manager (RM) did not care about my store. This lead to staff leaving because they did not feel appreciated, increasing the workload for the ones left because the RM could not get anyone in. It is safe to say that the problem lies within the management of the business and those above the RM.Some points for improvements include:-the company’s disregard for their employees and the lack thereof of our hard work, -removing privileges such as bonuses for MyLearn tasks (other companies pay for the time used for e-learning),-having no incentives to go above and beyond for our workplace,-no acknowledgement and celebration for years of service.

Supportive management

I didn’t come from a pharmaceutical background but was provided with all the training and support to ensure I was confident in my role of assisting others on the shop floor.

Nice people but awful management

Had no sleep for four years. Constantly under pressure to take on new tasks with no training. Their lack of staff indicates how staff are valued. Did not feel secure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LloydsPharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare LloydsPharmacy with

• LloydsPharmacy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?