LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews

The staff were a great team but the head office were not very good did not care about the staff only if they were making money when they shut our shop we only saw someone from head office twice in the three months before we closed and not even a goodbye and thank you when we left not a very caring company to work for
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad pay
This job when you apply is all about making the patients lives easier. In reality, it's all about stats and money. The patients are treated as numbers and the only way they are treated as more than just a customer is if it benefits the company. Management changes constantly and not given the training they need to become managers of the therapies they look after. The teams have to tell them whats expected. Not very professional, especially when patients require manager call backs. They think they are speaking to someone with more knowledge when in reality, they have been managing the therapy for a few weeks and spent 0 time bothering to learn it. Not much support for mental health, they all say they support it, will out you forward for support e.c.t. to help you stay in work it doesn't happen. Lots of empty promises. For a health care company it lacks the care. That's to patients and staff. Unless you're desperate. I do not recommend this place of work
Pros
Different shift patterns to suit needs
Cons
High stress, low pay
very cliquey place to work, prepare to have your work sabotaged if you actually end up good at the job. constantly put down at any opportunity by colleagues, no room for progression as one person been on same course for 3 years. not allowed to use own initiative. ignored for days at a time, the list goes on
Pros
interesting work
Cons
the workers
Managers are clueless don't even know how to carry out the care the nurses are providing even though they are nurses themselves. Visits get pushed on you at the drop of the hat schedulers are rude and won't communicate to you. Senior homecare nurses are clueless when you have a question or need help as are the managers who just sit and home drinking coffee and shopping. Staff morale is awful avoid this company if you value your life
Pros
Cons
Long hours, incompetent unsupportive environment
Awful management, not enough staff to cover work load, motto at LloydsPharmacy is that you are just a number and can easily be replaced. Only work here if you have no other options.
Cons
If you enjoy doing your managers role and some for penny’s then Lloyds pharmacy is the place for you.30 minutes unpaid lunch break for 8+ hours work, little to no benefits and no work life balance with the variety of shifts you will have to do.
Pros
Easy role
Cons
Too many
They’ve cut most of the bonuses and pay us just over minimum wage so there’s no incentive to work extra hard anymore. We end up doing the job of three people by ourselves because there’s not enough staff to cope so more mistakes get made. Regional management hasn’t got a clue, constantly giving out more and more targets and increasing work load when you’re already stretched to the breaking point and they don’t listen when you tell them what’s wrong. They don’t pay you correctly most months I.e too little money, not getting paid for sick leave etc. The patients are often lovely to work with and so are colleagues/store managers but that’s about the only good thing going.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
The pay, upper management, lack of staff.
Awful company , poor wages , overworked and not being made correct wages or holiday pay upon leaving. I left due to stressful environment and found the area Manager appalling and would not recommend this place to anyone .
Pros
Customers
Cons
All of it apart from customers
It used to be good place to work until it was bought by American giant McKesson. Now it is just pathetic. Work hard, don’t ask questions and don’t expect fair pay – that is their policy towards employees. Would not recommend at all.AVOID, AVOID, AVOID
Pros
non
Cons
Pay, shifts, management, unfair employee policy, work on bank holidays, Easter and Christmas
Worsed company I have ever worked for. Management are vile and abuse you. Never ever again and they never pay you for hours you worked this company needs investigating
Pros
Home time
Cons
All of it
Worked for over a year as a holiday / sickness cover, every month my salary was wrong, every month I had to call payroll as my manager would always blame someone else. No ownership of any issues. I could site numerous occasions when my manager could and should have stepped in to help but passed the buck every time.
Pros
Fast paced busy environment
Cons
Line manager needs training and a mentor as she has no clue
The company doesn’t support it’s staff and expects the highest standards with their poor pay, lack of incentive, constant hour cuts and staff cuts. Also things that affect daily work life like delivery times we worked through the pandemic with no support at all. When the shop was failing no help was sent. They always switch management so nothing is ever completed. A lot of tall people worked in Our branch there wasno adjustments for us despite begging many backs are affected as a result
Pros
Good colleagues and nice environment
Cons
No help for higher up. Bad management. Poor thing pay.
After my interview the lady forgotten all about me and I had to keep chasing her up and remind her who I was.Then when I started my job my role was training to become a dispenser I put a lot of hard work into my training booklets the boss couldn't care less or have the time to sit down and go through any of it with me.I found myself working on the shop floor mainly no training at all in the dispensary. The boss was then leaving so couldn't care less about my training and no one else had the time as it was so busy. No one had the time to train me as advertised in the job prescription! The boss made me feel worthless and small she spoke to me like a bit of dirt! I felt so uncomfortable at work in the end. I couldnt wait to leave but was sad as I thought I was going to be a trained dispenser, I worked very hard and felt fobbed off!!
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Long hours / no support
They do not care about staff welfare; they cut hours and expect the impossible. With increasing workload and the pay is absolutely awful. ÂŁ8.90 per hour. If you work for sainsburys, aldi, lidl you will get ÂŁ9.20-ÂŁ10.50 per hour. The wage does not reflect the work, as dispensing medications is extremely important and if done wrong can harm patients. The breaks are terrible and the workload is increasing with little bonus or thought for staff welfare. The
Pros
Colleagues are lovely in my store
Cons
Ridiculous pay, cutting hours, increased workload.
I worked for Lloyds for 23 years. The last 5 were very stressful. Targets to be met upper management demands became too much. I moved store and had a very enjoyable 4 years. They then closed the store and I was made redundant.
Pros
Great team in my branch.
Cons
Targets get in the way of pharmacy life
Management don't seem to care about their staff down on shop level. They set targets which take you away from the most important thing; patient care. They're all about making money and meeting targets. There's no thought or consideration for their employees and patients.
Pros
Sometimes it's someone's birthday and there's cake
Cons
Wage certainly does NOT reflect the hard work
It's very difficult to progress beyond the role of a counter assistant if you start there. 5 years in and it's been a painful journey with very little advancement. Don't believe it when they say there is a clear route for career advancement. I was strung along for years only to discover there was no chance of an NVQ3. If your team encourages your growth (ours didn't) you will learn dispensing but you will be expected to do the role of dispenser for the same wage as a counter assistant. The only way to progress is to leave and get a job as a dispenser somewhere else and I'd strongly recommend this. The culture seems to be maintained as the company often employs people who are too desperate to keep their job to risk speaking out. It really is close to exploitation. The work itself is interesting but you'll be getting all the pressure of meeting strong patient safety standards with little reward. Minimum pay, max pressure.
Pros
Genuinely interesting work
Cons
Too many to list
Worked for this awful company as a Homecare Nurse in the South. The Regional manager oversees a culture of bullying within the management team and has zero respect for the nurses. Nurses are used and abused and put in terribly stressful situations. Worked incredibly hard with zero recognition!!
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Awful management
I have worked for many large pharmacy companies and I have never worked for such a awful disorganised company, there so called values are not met in any way shape or form. Management is shocking and HR team are just as bad. Still waiting on replies and pay from leaving 5 months ago. Would never recommend them as a company.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lack of training, bullying
I loved the fact that the manger was trusting and wanted me to get as much from the experience as possible which really helped me gain extra skills whilst enhancing others such as communication and teamwork.
Management of the place is awful, not fit to be managers at all. Favouritism there is a joke. If you’re rubbish at your job but management like you, you’re fine. If you’re great at your job but management hate you, you’ll probably be in their bad books for life. You work like robots for poor pay. You don’t get any appreciation for the work you do.
  1. Employee reviews