LloydsPharmacy
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

LloydsPharmacy Employee Reviews for Nurse

Managers are clueless don't even know how to carry out the care the nurses are providing even though they are nurses themselves. Visits get pushed on you at the drop of the hat schedulers are rude and won't communicate to you. Senior homecare nurses are clueless when you have a question or need help as are the managers who just sit and home drinking coffee and shopping. Staff morale is awful avoid this company if you value your life
Pros
Cons
Long hours, incompetent unsupportive environment
The job advertised seemed too good to be true, and sadly that was the case. I worked so hard for this company but never got any recognition. Managers were just nurses who were promoted with minimal management skills, and who sadly used bullying tactics to get work done. The job involved working many split shifts and driving 200 miles plus daily, and managers disregarded staffs safety as long as visits were completed. Schedulers would swap visits around and add extra visits with minimal notice, making shifts pressurised, disorganised and stressful, and not taking into account road and traffic conditions , which would cause lateness to visit windows. Split shifts would end up 12 hour shifts with no time given for breaks, and then once home having to complete hours of admin paperwork ( in which they expect you do complete this for free) Expected to be on call for the weekend ( Friday 1700-Monday 0900) for £20!!!! Patients complained and nurses took the blame, with very little management support, taking the patients side If you want work with no home life balance and driving 2000 miles a month, out of area from where job vacancy is originally advertised..... then this is the job for you, sadly wasn’t the job for me .
Pros
Company car
Cons
No home life work balance, extensive driving
Manager was terrible. The job wasn't so bad until she came along. And then nothing was worth staying. Unappreciated and dis not give constructive feedback. Not everyone was able to go above and beyond for the company but we did what was required of us. Manager was not accommodating.
Pros
Salary patient
Cons
Manager
Putting the patient first is why we choose to become a nurse in the first place and this is the first time I've worked for a company where I've been able to offer the level of care my patients truly need.