LloydsPharmacy

LloydsPharmacy Pay & benefits reviews

Fantastic to work for at branch level;Fast paced, yet always fun;Branch management excellent: approachable, flexible, fair;Overall company not easy to contact for salary, holiday, any other admin issues;International company, so dealing with many targets/goals/etc, not concerned about individuals;Would only recommend working for if has a permanent, branch manager.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Not very caring company
Lloyds don’t see you as a person, you’re just a number. They lower you’re contracted hours as and when they need to not caring whether you can afford to live on less hours. They pay worse than any other company in pharmacy too. Totally would not recommend working for them unless you have no ambition and want to be treated worse than a dogs body.
This company is constantly making cuts and so you can never be sure if you will be made redundant. The pay is constantly wrong and I was payed less than someone who was less qualified than me because my wage was more than my minimum wage when the company changed the pay scale. It is very unfair place to work. Very disorganised. Very Stressful and you are always forced into overtime which you aren't always paid for. I have head so many bad things about working for this company other than what I have experienced myself.
Pros
1 hour lunch(unpaid)
Cons
expected to work for free. Never thanked for what you do
This job when you apply is all about making the patients lives easier. In reality, it's all about stats and money. The patients are treated as numbers and the only way they are treated as more than just a customer is if it benefits the company. Management changes constantly and not given the training they need to become managers of the therapies they look after. The teams have to tell them whats expected. Not very professional, especially when patients require manager call backs. They think they are speaking to someone with more knowledge when in reality, they have been managing the therapy for a few weeks and spent 0 time bothering to learn it. Not much support for mental health, they all say they support it, will out you forward for support e.c.t. to help you stay in work it doesn't happen. Lots of empty promises. For a health care company it lacks the care. That's to patients and staff. Unless you're desperate. I do not recommend this place of work
Pros
Different shift patterns to suit needs
Cons
High stress, low pay
If you enjoy doing your managers role and some for penny’s then Lloyds pharmacy is the place for you.30 minutes unpaid lunch break for 8+ hours work, little to no benefits and no work life balance with the variety of shifts you will have to do.
Pros
Easy role
Cons
Too many
They’ve cut most of the bonuses and pay us just over minimum wage so there’s no incentive to work extra hard anymore. We end up doing the job of three people by ourselves because there’s not enough staff to cope so more mistakes get made. Regional management hasn’t got a clue, constantly giving out more and more targets and increasing work load when you’re already stretched to the breaking point and they don’t listen when you tell them what’s wrong. They don’t pay you correctly most months I.e too little money, not getting paid for sick leave etc. The patients are often lovely to work with and so are colleagues/store managers but that’s about the only good thing going.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
The pay, upper management, lack of staff.
It used to be good place to work until it was bought by American giant McKesson. Now it is just pathetic. Work hard, don’t ask questions and don’t expect fair pay – that is their policy towards employees. Would not recommend at all.AVOID, AVOID, AVOID
Pros
non
Cons
Pay, shifts, management, unfair employee policy, work on bank holidays, Easter and Christmas
Worked for over a year as a holiday / sickness cover, every month my salary was wrong, every month I had to call payroll as my manager would always blame someone else. No ownership of any issues. I could site numerous occasions when my manager could and should have stepped in to help but passed the buck every time.
Pros
Fast paced busy environment
Cons
Line manager needs training and a mentor as she has no clue
They do not care about staff welfare; they cut hours and expect the impossible. With increasing workload and the pay is absolutely awful. £8.90 per hour. If you work for sainsburys, aldi, lidl you will get £9.20-£10.50 per hour. The wage does not reflect the work, as dispensing medications is extremely important and if done wrong can harm patients. The breaks are terrible and the workload is increasing with little bonus or thought for staff welfare. The
Pros
Colleagues are lovely in my store
Cons
Ridiculous pay, cutting hours, increased workload.
Manager was terrible. The job wasn't so bad until she came along. And then nothing was worth staying. Unappreciated and dis not give constructive feedback. Not everyone was able to go above and beyond for the company but we did what was required of us. Manager was not accommodating.
Pros
Salary patient
Cons
Manager
Been with company 5 years took 4 to progress to dispenser . Team I work with are lovely but supervisor takes credit for doing all work yet other staff members work harder . Manager and supervisor lock horns and create as atmosphere. Pay is rubbish it is never right and when minimum wage increase you never get the difference increase so end up on minimum wage yet again. Management don’t care about staff just targets you are just a number and there is no support . Overall understaffed underpaid for a job that entails such responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Pay, progression, no support
Stressful. Traumatic. Underpaid. Exhausting. Too much responsibility for wage rate. Clocking in and out system means you don’t get paid for hours worked. Not recommended.
Minimum wage, overtime ban, management dont care about staff, understaffing is dangerous, being robbed every week, threats of closure, unrealistic targets and punished when you havent reached them, salary always wrong, hr slow and unprofessional
Salary does not reflect the work you do and management need some training. Healthcare partners on the shop floor work really hard and nice team but management are shocking.
Worked to exhaustion. You will be expected to work 60 or more hours paid for 40. No extra pay at all. Mangers are rude and don't care about any staff or how much they over work them you won't have time to see your family they don't stick to driving law hours. No one stays everyone leaves that's why they are always looking for staff. They offer benefits like health care but it's all lies
I'm disabled, i was given a bunch of work to do within my first day, control of an entire aspect of the pharmacy that the manager was doing themselves beforehand. I was fine with this, as I love a challenge, but I asked if I could sit down while I was doing some of the more monotonous work, and instead of being accomodating to my disability like they're legally obligated to, it was explained that it would be "unfair" to the other able bodied workers, and that someone who had the same condition as me was forced to work without sitting already, so i should just shut up and put up, or I "wouldn't be suitable" for the position (insinuating i would be fired for this reasonable request). I think that is unacceptable. I will be doing a followup about this personally, but be aware if you're disabled and applying for a position at these pharmacies, they do not care about your health and wellbeing. If I didn't desperately need a job I wouldn't stick with them, honestly. The only benefits is that they are very accommodating with hours and travel time. They're desperate for employees, but don't expect that they'll value your health, despite being in a health care position... They offer training after 8 weeks, for a higher wage, and potential advancement down the line. If you wanted to train in a pharmacy environment, it'd be worth doing, as some independant pharmacies wouldn't extend the same courtesy. All the employees I've worked with have complained about job standards, though, so don't expect to be pleased working there.
The pay is very poor for the work expected and the experience required for the job. The working conditions are good and a lovely bunch of people. The support from the managers is good.
Doesn’t matter how hard you work if your not the managers favourite you will not progress at all. It’s so busy and the senior staff members watch you work. The pay is min wage and you have no chance of getting any pay rises
Very good people good working place flexiable in timming Never had hard time at work the manager was very good Had fun doing statement reconciliation and always been on top of my work Was given time to go and pray my prayers.
Worst company I have ever worked for, only interested in profit not the patient and defiantly not the workforce. Only pay minimum wage now and currently employing under 25s to pay even less. Impossible time schedules. The management are totally ineffective and the only thing they are consistent with is being deceitful. Nothing about the job description is even remotely true. Avoid at all costs. Despite this, the actual work with the patients is excellent and something I enjoyed but they deserve a lot better than this company is prepared to offer. No time is allowed to fuel the van up.
Pros
Meeting and working with patients, travelling around the north of England.
Cons
Long hours, ineffective management, cut-throat approach to a "caring" profession. Minimum pay
I managed to get a job here and was so excited. I had been reassured that I contact patients to make appointments so it would work around childcare. This is where the good bits ended. Recruitment was a joke, with ‘pre-boarding’ losing information you sent and OH losing I formation. Communication from the company itself was extremely poor and the scheduling of appointments was ridiculous. I knew I wouldn’t be staying when shifts were mentioned and then when we were told not to divulge information about ourselves to patients or even make them a cup of tea. We were paid to administer medication and then move on, we weren’t paid to chat! Where is the compassion in that approach? You can maintain professionalism but still chat about general things I feel. When I said I hadn’t been told about shifts I was told quite curtly that I had been told because the box on the form they fill in was ticked! Expected to do admin work on a bank holiday but not bank holiday pay. The perks would have been good and the people I did induction with were great but that’s it. They have new inductions for nurses every month which indicates a high staff turnover. Also don’t believe the area you are covering, you’ll be expected to cover wherever you’re sent even if it’s nowhere near you.
Pros
The company benefits and the role
Cons
You and the patients become a tick box