Loan.co.uk

Loan.co.uk Reviews: Working at Loan.co.uk

United Kingdom34 reviews

rolecareerculturefastteamdayplacecompany

My Experience with them.

I've been working as a senior web developer for loan.co.uk for almost two years now and I have to say that I still very much enjoy working there. The team is great and reliable and my tasks are very varied so it never gets boring. A usual working day starts with a catch-up call with all the IT team and the project managers to decide on high priority tasks and discuss progress of projects so it's always clear which tasks we need to fulfil and what we need to focus on as a team in order to reach our mutual goal and drive the company forward. I appreciate the fact that everyone, even the CEO, is reachable and they always seem to have an open ear to opinions and improvement ideas. Within my job, I've got lots of flexibility and I feel like I can continuously challenge myself which keeps my working day really varied. I take pride in building new features that will help the financial sector and most importantly the people who count on these services.

Pros

Flexibility and fast-passed career.

Cons

I didn't find any so far. It's been great for me.

Not a good place to work

Management is absent and only interested in telling you what to do and won't listen to what you have been hired to do. They are always right. They promise the world in your interview, the reality is very different. Avoid.

Insights into Loan.co.uk

• Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment

A revolving door

Nothing personal, nice enough people but the money elsewhere was better and everyone left. Promised a lot more money but left for a substantial payrise in another firm.

Don't fall for their lies

This was the biggest mistake I made in my career. Unfortunately I didn't realise they lied to me throughout the recruitment process and within just a couple of days in the job i realised what a huge mistake I'd made; as did others around me. The management (using the term loosely) don't actually care for any ideas but their own and the culture is one of fear and toxicity. The most soul-destroying place I've ever known, avoid at ALL costs.

Beware at all costs

Horrible, just horrible. Expect little or no guidance on any given project, but count on plenty of moaning the second you do something that they didn't have in mind... You cannot win with this bunch of weirdos. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

You name it

Great place to learn and progress

I took a career change and decided to join Loan.co.uk, it was a good move. The company is forward thinking and dynamic. The management actively request feedback, listen and act if appropriate. Loan.co.uk is very fast moving and no day is the same which makes the job role interesting and diverse. This gives me the experience I need. My line manager is supportive, giving advice and support and appropriate amounts of autonomy. The team I work in are great people, and supportive. We have fun at work. The drive for client satisfaction is immense which is my favourite part of the job.

Pros

Great learning environment

Cons

No parking

Why Loan.co.uk?

No day is the same. From supporting and running the induction for the new members of the team, to supporting and developing existing members of the team on their journey. You are encouraged and given the freedom to do your job, think outside the box and have fun whilst you do it! I have come from a corporate background with over 11 years experience, here at Loan.co.uk they listen and they care, you are not just a number. I feel Loan.co.uk share the same passion and ambitions as I do! A fast-paced, ambitious place to work that truly want to disrupt the borrowing market for the benefit of the customer, making it easy for them to borrow money and fulfil their dreams.

Fast growing company

Following a great induction period where I met many employees across the company who are passionate about what they do, I got stuck into my role within the marketing & design team. Since starting I have been given ample responsibility and autonomy, being expected to generate my own projects and get on with it. To say Loan.co.uk is fast paced and growing quickly would be an understatement. Don't work here if you don't like innovation and change, everyone is ambitious and works hard. There's an apparent culture of 'if you see something wrong, change it' in all the departments I've worked with, and that makes this such a rewarding place to work. The work isn't easy and it's not for everyone, but for those who want a challenge and like to work towards a common goal with talented people, join Loan.co.uk!

Refreshing and Exciting place to work

If you want to join a company that is disrupting the finance market then this is the place for you, loan.co.uk is a dynamic environment with great opportunity to develop. The culture is fast paced, innovative, fun, there is a real sense of team work and enthusiasm, it’s energetic and results driven. We really utilise the knowledge and experience of people from all areas of the business, and your opinion matters. I’m really excited about the future, opportunity and where we are going. The teams are full of talented people whilst the company supports your career aspirations and development. We all work hard, and enjoy the rewards, including great benefits, bonus, pension and perk box.

Pros

Development, great supportive management, culture, opportunities

Cons

Parking

Mortgage Adviser

I currently work at Loan.co.uk as a mortgage adviser. On a day to day basis, I handle client enquiries, mortgage and protection applications, case issues and much more. It is a very satisfying role to be in, as you are constantly working to help clients move into their dream home, or save money on their mortgage for example. Loan.co.uk is a great company to work at, as management are very proactive at any changes you request and are always looking to make things easier. There is a good opportunity to develop at the company and really further your career. The company culture is very positive and forward facing, with those you work with being very supportive.

Pros

Great company culture, good place to grow as a professional

Making a difference

I joined Loan.co.uk after working in the financial sector and for global corporate firms for 13 years. It has been really refreshing to work for a company that truly values your views, input and experience rather feeling like a number in a big firm. Working in Compliance, I have been given the autonomy to use the experience I have gained over many year and use it to create an open compliance culture that everyone want to be part of. The experience has already been very rewarding. The people that I work with on a daily basis, from loan managers all the way to senior leadership are what make Loan.co.uk a great place to work. It's fun, vibrant and everyone wants to put the client at the heart of what they do.

Pros

Culture, Salary, Leadership, Autonomy, People, Vision

Cons

Benefits package (but more and more is coming)

Fast paced environment

Great to be trusted to work through your workload independently but be able to ask for help if needed. Days go very fast as very busy office and constantly learning new skills and criteria to help our clients. Loan.co.uk has a really great IT system and people behind it, its constantly being updated to make our jobs easier and more efficient.

Pros

IT & Systems, Manage own diary

A refreshing culture

From day 1 made to feel welcome as part of the team, initial focus on getting to know the people and systems and the culture before targets / sales etc. Company has a very flat company structure meaning that you can actually talk directly to the decision makers and it's amazing how fast things can get done. Typically what I am used to taking weeks and weeks to change a small part of the system is done over night. Extremely happy working here and would recommend the company to anyone.

Pros

Great team mentality

Cons

N/a

Positive & fun culture - great place to work

I've been at Loan.co for just over a month and I love it. It's such a positive place to work, everyone's so friendly and passionate and all want to get things done. Management are really supportive and also give you autonomy and responsibility to own your role. Each day I wake up looking forward to going into work.

Pros

Great working environment, town centre location

great place to work

loan.co.uk is a great place to work it is very modern company with a relaxed working environment. The management really spend time with you to train you up in all area's of market to ensure you are equipped to carry out the role.

Pros

variety of work

Cons

A workplace that feels like so much more

Having worked in several different office environments, from call centres to audio typing to bulk legal services, I've found working at Loan.co.uk gives me the greatest satisfaction of any job I've done. When I get something done, I feel accomplished, and management feed back when I am doing well, which is something many employers don't bother with. The management are supportive and helpful, friendly while remaining professional. My colleagues feel more like a family than just people I work with. The working environment is so friendly and supportive, I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. After years of being taken advantage of by employers who see staff only as numbers and wage slaves, Loan.co.uk makes me feel like a person, someone who can actually do something worthwhile. I cannot recommend Loan.co.uk enough.

Pros

Regular office hours, bank holidays and weekends off

Cons

Half hour lunches

Productive & Rewarding workplace

After working at Loan.co.uk for nearly a year now i can honestly say ive never been as content and as happy in a workplace as i am right now. I soon realised that hard work really does pay off and i was appreciated for everything i do from my very first day to now. I started from broker manager and they have given me more opportunities than any previous employer by seeing my potential and believing in my drive to succeed. Anyone that considers a job at loan.co.uk will be on the path for great success, with hard work you really can fulfill your career goals in this industry with uncapped earning potential.

Pros

positive working environment, supportive management

Cant Fault it

currently work for this company and been here about a year. Great team spirit, great rewards and a true investor in people. Management understand the importance of work/life balance and the culture is based on teamwork, hard work and lots of incentives. If anything, this is a place that really does value its employees and rewards you if you put the work in. Finally, training and resources provided are infinite and they really do care.

Pros

pay, people, management (GJ)

Loan.co.uk

I've been with Loan.co.uk for over a year and cannot give enough praise. From day one you're made to feel part of the team, both colleagues and management are professional and approachable. Training for new starters is comprehensive and engaging. There is also ongoing training available which is a great help considering the nature of the role. I'd highly recommend Loan.co.uk to anyone who is looking for a rewarding career within the Financial Services industry, and who is willing to put the work in, the role can be challenging at times however is made easier through an extensive support network and a highly motivated and energetic culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loan.co.uk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Loan.co.uk with

Learn about Loan.co.uk in popular locations

• Loan.co.uk