Local Care Force
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Local Care Force Employee Reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews

Fast paced and money focused

Fast paced and money focused environment. Need to be able to fit in with company culture to get ahead. Company willing to reward hard work and will expect consistent work effort.

excellent place

excellent place to work.Shifts are booked a week earlier so you know abt ur shifts in time.Management helps you and on call always available for help.

good

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

No work

Unfortunately there is no work unless I want to travel over 80 miles at my cost though sometimes they try and make the rate better because of the travellingI cover a huge area of three counties and have to chase work every single week, yet I only have two days work this week and only 3 days work last week and I cant afford to live on these pitiful hours so I have to leave.

Hours you want

Went back to work for them, to work at a place i worked at prior to working there, overall good company, but do ring you when your not available to work

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Struggled for things round my area

Not too bad to work for when work is available

Not too bad to work for when work is available. Sometimes tried to push me to go to places I didn't like to work. But were supportive when needed. At times cancelled my shifts without telling me.

Pros

Work as and when

Cons

Low pay

Flexible and well paid

When you work for an agency and you say you are available for work, then you could be expecting work. During my time working there I didn't have any problems through lack of fill time hours. They were always on the end of the phone if I'd had any problems on shift too.

Good shifts

Management is amazing they always there to help l always get the shifts l want and like both Leeds and Sheffield branch has great management and flexible hours of work

Pros

Wonderful company to work for

The flexibility of LCF fit perfectly with my day to day schedule, allowing me to choose my own hours. There was never a shortage of work. I only left this company due to study obligations, as they only offered 12 hour shifts in the end.

Cons

Terrible company to work for

The company has blacklisted me for reasons that were out of my control. Do yourself a favour and stay away. Horrible management and they don’t care about patients. They only care about how much money they can make.

Flexible hours, friendly office staff, fantastic company.

I have worked for LCF for a number of years. Never had an issue getting hours. Great company to work for, friendly office staff, flexible work. 5 stars.

Pros

Always plenty of hours available, no pressure to do extra shifts, good annual training and extra courses available on request. Friendly office staff.

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons in my time with the company.

Never out of work. Shifts when I required them. Very attentive line manager. Fabulous Agency

One of the best agencies I have ever worked for. Shifts when I need them and at the same care homes. Pay is higher than average and weekly to. Paid holiday and excellent pay on Bank Holidays. Management very helpful and pleasant and attentive.

Pros

Same care homes if required

Cons

Long shifts. Most are 12 hours. 1 hour deducted for a break whether you take it or not

You’re sent to some lovely places

While I loved working for care force I felt the office will drop you at the drop of a hat because they are scared of losing clients, no back up for staff which is unfair

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

No back up for staff if needed just lose your position

Average

They have work but with care homes that r not so nice and it's difficult, the pay is still not enough, u say what u prefer in the interview but they still send u where u dont want to regardless of what u said, sometimes u go to a place and u find out you're actually not in then have to return, some misunderstanding regarding shifts and the training is not paid and they don't give u a certificate either,

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay, difficult

Official response from Local Care Force

5 October 2021
Good morning,Thank you for taking the time out to write a review, we welcome feedback from all our staff.Firstly I am sorry to hear that you haven’t in your eyes had the best experience, we always aim to make sure we are working with as many services as possible in order for us to give our staff a variety of shifts. However one of the downsides of working as an agency staff member is we cant guarantee that every care home we work with is suitable to each individual. We value our candidates and clients and welcome feedback on the shifts you work and try to build a list of the clients you want to work with.Regarding the interview process yes we do go through an in depth process to try and ensure we find you the shifts that suit you, not just specific services as we cant always manage what clients usage will be but also to give you the flexibility whether that’s working days or nights for example.Unfortunately on very rare occasions we do get cancellations of shifts but if you attended a shift that you aren’t needed for we ensure you are paid for the inconvenience.We have recently conducted a rate review across the board and have found that we are competitive on hourly rates very much in line with our competitors. Training is a requirement for all our staff that join us. We offer training as part of the interview and recruitment process which is detailed in all our adverts and is required to be updated annually.We pride ourselves not just in Manchester but in all of our branches to offer excellent customer service and its rare we get any negative feedback so it always -

Best agency up north

Wishing that London had similar culture agencies around.I will always cherish the years working at Local Care ForceIf I was ever to return up north, I wouldn't work for anybody else.

Pros

Flexibility, ability to choose workload, fun

Cons

No cons

Na

The people in the office are not professional and they care homes that you are normally sent to is really far away from where you live and not very good.

Great

Since I started always I'm doing something different and learning new skills.Rarely I had bad week (few shifts) always they found some shift to cover.I really recommend this agency they always are very supportive with the staff.

The best company i ever worked for

I have worked for them for last 3 years. If you looking for flexible work this company is the best i have ever known to provide it. I am a single mother and never had the problem with them if i couldn't work due to lack of childcare. You pick your days and your hours, also if you want to go on holidays you can go whenever you want. The work they provide is really easy and very enjoyable.

Pros

Very nice anf helpful management

Not supportive at all

(Local Care Force Manchester) 1.They hire you as a care assistant, they sell you their uniform, and then they send you to work as a support worker in hospitals. So you bought the uniform for no good reason. 2. Victimisation3. Many beautiful words but few facts

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

The best Agency i have work with.

Local care Force Manchester is the best Agency you can ever work for, ths staff are lovely easy to approach, understanding, good and effective communication skills with support workers, always ready and willing to assist in any form and manner. I Love them because they keep smile on my face. Thank you Guy.👍👍👍

Pros

The best Agency and staff to work for and with.

Cons

Great place to work, good atmosphere

Wonderful staffs with proffessional experience. I am pleased that I am part of the team I have being with them since 2016 and I am not planning In going no were. Local care force are always there to support me 24/7 especially ,the wonderful lady in support worker department in Manchester. Happy and bless to be with local care force and I am on a mission to introduce my friends to lcflllocal c

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

What ive learned

local care force is constantly changing ive been with the company for 18 mths and i have not been out of work in this time unless it has been at my choice they provide training mandatory as well as optional and its alway relevant to your needs i would recommend them to anyone and the best thing is everyone is warm friendly and approachable with any problem and they will help if theycan

Pros

always got work and your incharge of how much or little you work

Cons

Care work is always hard but if you love your job theres no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Local Care Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement