Local Care Force

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

localagencyshiftcaresupportstaffofficefriendly

A good place to work

Management is good and organised. A flexible job where you are given the opportunity to choose shifts to suit your needs.Salary is not high but okay.Overall i had a good experience working with them.

No work

Unfortunately there is no work unless I want to travel over 80 miles at my cost though sometimes they try and make the rate better because of the travellingI cover a huge area of three counties and have to chase work every single week, yet I only have two days work this week and only 3 days work last week and I cant afford to live on these pitiful hours so I have to leave.

Insights into Local Care Force

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

Not too bad to work for when work is available

Not too bad to work for when work is available. Sometimes tried to push me to go to places I didn't like to work. But were supportive when needed. At times cancelled my shifts without telling me.

Pros

Work as and when

Cons

Low pay

Good shifts

Management is amazing they always there to help l always get the shifts l want and like both Leeds and Sheffield branch has great management and flexible hours of work

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly office staff, fantastic company.

I have worked for LCF for a number of years. Never had an issue getting hours. Great company to work for, friendly office staff, flexible work. 5 stars.

Pros

Always plenty of hours available, no pressure to do extra shifts, good annual training and extra courses available on request. Friendly office staff.

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons in my time with the company.

Never out of work. Shifts when I required them. Very attentive line manager. Fabulous Agency

One of the best agencies I have ever worked for. Shifts when I need them and at the same care homes. Pay is higher than average and weekly to. Paid holiday and excellent pay on Bank Holidays. Management very helpful and pleasant and attentive.

Pros

Same care homes if required

Cons

Long shifts. Most are 12 hours. 1 hour deducted for a break whether you take it or not

Small friendly agency

It's a small very friendly company by and large very good for providing the type of work you want. Pay is low but commensurate with the sector standard

Great agency to work for

Love working for the agency. Very helpful managers when you need help. Very professional and enough hours, the pay is decent so can't complain. The only downside is when you don't gt enough shifts but that happens rarely.

Different places

You travel far to different places fuel cost is paid some not all support worker roles would get home late .local care force team are great tho , weekly pay just that the pay is little for the work you do some place there are no breaks

"Fantastic company to work for"

Local Care Force are very supportive. I found the company dynamic and forward thinking, new ideas implemented all the time which made it a very exciting place to work.Excellent supportive staff, Work when you want to Select your area of expertise Good salary, paid weekly Good family ethos to staff and clients Excellent training and all free to agency staff High standard of professional working They are an incredible company and I cannot recommend them enough.

Excellent company to work for

If you want flexibility, choice and lots of work. This is the company to work for. As a nurse you can choose your area of work. Do as little or as much as you wish to work. Excellent salary and weekly pay. The staff look after you and give you the choice to work in whatever field you want. I have worked for them for two years and I would go nowhere else. Excellent in house training all free.

Better places to work for...

don't look after there dedicated staff set new staff on and they end up with the shifts and the ones who have been with them a while or for years loose out their Don't get supervisions or extra training in other subjects just mandatory which you don't get paid for when its your day off, pay not so good for some places you work at it's a set wage weather it be a a nice place to go or somewere that is challenging no extra money for weekends.good and bad points forLCF

flexible line of work

fun to work and very flexible. worked there form 2014 whilst i was studying, as i said very flexible as you can pick the days wish to work.so was working around my studies.

Productive and fun work place

Loyal to their clients and staff. Flexible jobs available too. Reasonable pay rates and beneficial. Work as many hours as you like and always put their clients first. Very good service to their staff. No hassle!

Pros

Cons

Work as many hours as you like.

Lowest rate of agency pay

Mostly based in nursing homes. Do not pay any fuel allowences. Plenty of work..if you dont mind being exploited for just above minium wage. Office is diaorganised & blame you for their errors. No support when disclosing some awful positions you will be put in.

Pros

Plenty of work

team work

Staff works as a team, management are cordially and friendly, shifts are not enough for me to cover but it is manageable.

Pros

no free lunch

good woork place

its a good work place. with it only been agencey work im not garinted work. so i would like a full time work

its a good company

it is ok for someone who is not willing to work full time hours everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Local Care Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Local Care Force with

Learn about Local Care Force in popular locations

• Local Care Force
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?