Loch Lomond Golf Club

Loch Lomond Golf Club Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews

lochgratuitygolfclubuniformspaperkmember

Excellent place to work!!

Having only been with the club for a year and a half I can safely say there is no better place to be than here. The staff relationships really make it a great and fun place to work, and the staff rewards are always a bonus. Everyone you pass is welcoming and friendly, and everyone always has a smile on their face - even under the masks. You always feel secure within your role and always praised for doing well, which makes you feel welcome and appreciated. No day is the same and there is always new tasks everyday which again makes the day a bit more interesting. Overall I could not praise Loch Lomond Golf Club as a workplace or business and would recommend to anyone if you get the chance to apply :)

Pros

Staff treats - Christmas night out, pizza days

Just a number

Min wage for long hours and very little appreciation. Serving the rich and privileged to the highest standard and treated like a mere servant. Cannot have tattoos, piercings or coloured hair, no nail polish or lipstick in colour other than nude. Lots of young staff and retired older staff.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours for min wage

Insights into Loch Lomond Golf Club

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great People, Great bosses and Great place to work.

Having been here for seven years, I cant recommend Loch Lomond highly enough! The opportunities to further yourself within this organisation are endless. The management from day one have been a real supportive structure who are always willing to help and listen to staffs suggestions and feedback. Being a keen golfer you are allowed one free round a month on the prestigious course that will take your breathe away every time you play it. Being in Food and Beverage I have met loads of people from different backgrounds and religions making connections and learning through these contacts have been brilliant. During a shift lunch is provided which is a great bonus as you dont need to worry about making pr prepping lunch before shifts. Being a student the club have always looked out for me being flexible around my university and college timetable making sure I had time to study and pass my degree, giving me time for placement when needed.

Pros

Free lunches, Great Management team. Flexible around you.

Cons

Fun and friendly place to work

I have never worked in such an amazing team as I do at the Club. Real team efforts across all departments and at all levels. And the friendliness of the Members and their guests adds to that. Yes it is hard work and can be manic but it’s great fun and what a place to have the privilege to work.

Pros

Staff perks, working atmosphere, teams, location, uniform and staff lunches

Cons

Can’t think of any?

World Class Private Members Club

This truly is a world class private Members Club; the facilities, Golf Course, and the offerings to all of the Members. I Started employment at the club in Jan 2020, and within a short time COVID had hit and it was a very uncertain time. However, the support from the owners of the Club has been unwavering and the business has been very robust and has continued to succeed and thrive.My experience to date is of friendly staff, who are mostly proud to achieve the top level standards required of the Club. The perks of retail discounts and access to the course (on a sensible limited basis) are excellent!

Pros

Stunning setting, Staff facility access, retail discounts, supportive environment

Cons

Need a car to commute

Friendly workplace with the most stunning views

Hospitality is a difficult profession however working at Loch Lomond Golf Club for the past 7 years has been the most enjoyable of my working career.

Pros

Free lunches, uniform, discounts on Spa and Golf Shop purchases, annual christmas party, and other staff appreciation events throughout the year

Cons

Need a car to get to work

Lovely place to work

I have worked at LLGC for 2 years and I thoroughly enjoy my job. No two days are the same. The setting is spectacular, staff are friendly and welcoming and management will support and encourage progression if that is what you want. Days can be busy and at times stressful but you always walk away with a sense of achievement and satisfaction at the end of the day. Lots of perks i.e staff discounts at the Spa and Golf Shop, uniform and staff meals provided, end of year Christmas gratuity. If you are a golfer you get to play 1 round a month at a very reduced cost.Work hard, play hard and lots of laughs along the way.

Pros

Uniform, meals, Spa and Golf Shop discounts

Cons

Appreciative audience and fun place to work

Having had long career within the Hospitality sector I find it very pleasurable to work and be part of a strong team making sure LLGC continues to be the place to stay.My job is particularly satisfying when you are aware that the end result ensures a great and memorable stay for our Members and Guests alike.Team work is essential within this facility and it clearly is in abundance throughout the business.

Pros

What an office to work in!!

Cons

The weather but not all of the time.

Do your research

Reviews are instigated and overseen by management so do your own research before joining.Issues and poor culture comes from the top level, lots of nice people working there, but head down and avoid Managment.

Pros

Lunch is free

Cons

Poor culture

A very friendly workplace

I have been employed by the Club for over 7 years and I couldn’t be happier to be a part of the team. The friendly staff and management work well together towards a common goal which means there’s a sense of unity across the Club. Everyone works really hard but all whilst having a laugh and supporting each other.

Pros

Free home cooked lunches, friendly staff, free parking, free uniforms, lots of discounts, end of year gratuity

Welcoming and encouraging

I found that all members of staff, no matter which department they worked in, were welcoming and encouraging when I was a new employee. The management were encouraging with their check ins to ensure I had everything I needed to feel settled and do my job to the best of my ability. They also checked in to see if I had any ideas on how systems could be improved and always looked for feedback. Overall a very enjoyable place to work.

Great team and place to work

The whole team at Loch Lomond golf club are so welcoming & it really is a special place to work. Set on the banks of Loch Lomond the scenery is breathtaking and I love that no two days are the same. The members & their guests are so friendly and you really feel appreciated when working here.

An exciting and prestigious place to work

I have been working within the kitchens at the Club for nearly two years now. Throughout my time here, I have learnt at great deal and been supported to shape my professional development in any way that I choose. There is a tight knit team that work in the kitchens here, who work collaboratively to produce outstanding food across multiple restaurants. The job role itself is fast paced, challenging but ultimately dynamic and fulfilling with a diverse range of responsibilities day to day. The bespoke events keep the job very interesting as you are always doing something different. The pay is above industry standard and we have Christmas off which is always a bonus. For this industry, it is a great benefit that management here understand that chefs need work life balance and as such there is definitely opportunity to offset long days during the summer in the winter time. I would strongly reccomend the club as a great place to kick start your career for any young chef.

Pros

Gratuities payment, staff social events, friendly environment, investment in staff

Cons

High pressure

Exciting and Welcoming Workplace

I have been with the Loch Lomond since April 2019 and have enjoyed my time working across the clubs different departments. Everyday is different with the people at the club making the working day fun and varied. During my time at Loch Lomond I have also been provided with various opportunities to develop my skills and obtain relevant certifications. The season can be very demanding with long hours however the team around you are friendly and helpful. The location of the club is beautiful and employees benefit from various perks including free staff meals, free parking, uniform and spa discounts.

Great Place To Work

I started working at Loch Lomond just under a year ago and I can’t think of a better place to work. The team is very helpful and friendly and every department helps each other out. During peak season it is very busy but it is good meeting a lot of different people Pros:- Free Lunch, gratuity's, chance to play, events within the club Cons:- Travel

Beautiful location

I started working at Loch Lomond Golf Club 20 years ago I can honestly say I have loved every minute of it.I would have no hesitation in recommending LLGC to anyone a great team to work with.It can be challenging but that is all part of the fun meeting new people from all over the world

Pros

Fantastic people

Cons

Very few

Unique and challenging place to work at

Having started work at Loch Lomond Golf Club in the middle of the busy golf season I feel like I have had to quickly adapt to a high-paced environment. The nature of the business makes it a competitive workplace culture but everyone pulls together to deliver the best customer service and an unforgettable customer experience. I really enjoy the customer interaction and thrive off the constant challenges we face in the workplace. They have greatly helped my personal development. I have grown in confidence and gained a huge amount of industry knowledge. It is a fantastic place to work in however great endurance is needed as the season becomes very busy, with long shifts, and high work expectations. The Club also offers excellent discounts and offers for all staff members!

Fun workplace

A busy office with varied tasks Management are approachable and friendly Stunning location and enjoyable place to work During the Golfing season the role can be demanding at times

Pros

Free lunches and uniform

I dont think you will find a better spa to work in.

I'm currently working at the spa in the walled garden. The manager is a therapist herself which makes a big difference. We work hard but have a very relaxed atmosphere, no micromanaging or anything like that. The place itself is stunning and a pleasure to work in. All beauty rooms have a garden view and doors which open into a private garden when the weather is nice.

Enjoyable place to work with lots of perks

Working at Loch Lomond Golf Course has been an enjoyable experience, with plenty of opportunity to develop my skills within the hospitality sector. Although the season can be stressful, management and staff are friendly and very supportive. As a F&B intern i am given the opportunity to gain experience within a variety of different departments some of which include marketing, HR, reservations and events. I was also given the opportunity to complete an SVQ in Hospitality and obtained my alcohol license. The club also offer many staff perks including spa discounts, free lunches & golf lessons.

Friendly & Welcoming

A lovely place to work. I was instantly made to feel very welcome. Shift work which offers a good work/life balance. All departments are approachable, helpful and committed to maintaining high standards. Staff have a pride in their work, and it shows - they go above and beyond. During the Season your work day can be extremely busy and you need to be able to carry out your duties in a professional, courteous and timely manner. You are provided with good in-house training and will have staff around you who will support you. Good staff benefits which include- free meals in the staff canteen, staff transport, uniforms provided, use of spa and golf facilities. Management are approachable, supportive and will encourage progression if you demonstrate the skills, drive and commitment required- you get out of this job what you put in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loch Lomond Golf Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement