Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

I love my job here. I am let to run my own job with guidance and help from management when needed. I support the servicing and repair of trucks and get very good reviews from management.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
pay could be better
Worked in IT at Scottish Naval base.Management only interested in security and offered no guidance.IT systems I inherited were very obviously installed by incompetent staff.Very clique company - you got on if you were ex-navy or your face fitted regardless of skill.Good benefits a work/life balance.Horrible office which lacked facilities.This was easily the worst job I ever worked in and I'm now retired.Back stabbing was commonplace.Management team seemed/were inbred and lacked industry knowledge.Poor to no training - it was required for me to provide AutoCAD drawings without prior experience - that's a massive package.Management were always off site and couldn't get the commit to system designs.
Pros
Free t-shirts!
Cons
Management Incompetance and low to non-existant work knowledge
Long days BUT short weeks.... or short days and long weeks. Great use of flexi working to suit your own needs. Great leadership in place and good use of rewards/recognition. Management do a lot to promote open comms.Highly commend leaders and an intelligent workforce. Be prepared to learn and grow.
Pros
great site and culture. good rewards.
Cons
demanding
Over the top in background admin tasks - driving costs up. Earned Value Accounting on Projects so every minute recorded on a time sheet. Matrix management setup - project driven - long term managers with perhaps limited knowledge of the outside world.
As an outsider even though I’m fairly easy to get on with the team did not particularly like outsiders or make me welcome even though I was brought in to assist them with their difficulties I would not want to work for them again
Lockeed Martin Ampthill suffered from some 'old boys club members' but recently has turned at least a slight corner towards its US company counterparts. Good pay, a 9 day fortnight is something you never knew you needed and a very old but sometimes lovely site is a nice place to go to work. There is improvement to be had, but is moving in the right direction
Toxic, acidic and blame filled, high stress environment hidden behind a thin veneer of "ethics" that can be used to remove any employee at any time, whilst protecting senior management. Senior Management operate in a vey 1970s mindset with more attention to filling in timesheets than quality of output or employee welfare. Pretty much a "taciturn bullying" culture supported in toto by HR who above themselves of any responsibility. Potential to be very interesting and rewarding if you can make it work for you - or if you like the "Gene Hunt" style of management and leadership.
It's really a bad place to work. If your platform CAM or Manager does not like your face. Then you are out. I got accustomed to the Manager telling me they were too busy to help and even does not reply to my emails. They call in meetings and don't even invite me. I best thing for the company is to bring in open-minded management staff. Not the fools that are there.
As the employees may access confidential information of the company or its clients. Besides that the work environment was professional, supportive, relaxed and engaging
I was a BA, sub-contracted via L-M to the Scots Gov. I found myself to be supported and encouraged while within the L-M envelope of the work committed
The company is involved in some fantastic stuff, however like all defence companies there is a lot of design justification required and therefore design is slow and steady.
Interesting company to work for cutting edge technology from leading American company. Again i will just keep typing to reach the 150 characters so i can continue.
I was contracting with Lockheed-Martin and really enjoyed my time there. We had a great working environment and atmosphere amongst fellow colleagues. I would have no problem going back
Lockheed martin was a great place to work but as the shift times were 05.00 to 17.00 and I lived in St Albans the commute was tiring after a 12 hour shift.
I enjoyed every minute of my time with Lockheed Martin. One of my regrets in life is leaving to persue other avenues. The culture is fair and honest and they keep you updated with what's going on in other areas of the business.
Takes too long to achieve objections despite (or because of) onerous systems in place. Disconnect between teams leading to a reduction in collabration opportunities
The team at LM were knowledgeable, happy, friendly and productive. They all worked hard and were dedicated to making a positive contribution to their customer's business. While most were customer and delivery orientated, they were always willing to pitch in and lend a hand!
Good team but I was a contractor so doesn't count Typical day was core hours: Learned about Airport business Management was very pressured Timescales unrealistic The team was the best part of the job
I have worked for Lockheed for 8 years, unless you are in a certain clique and friendly with the right people you will be treated ufairly, you will miss out on promotions and opportunities. Good as a graduate as they put all their effort and money into given graduates oppirtunities anyone above that level will be treated terribly.
Pros
Good graduate programme
Cons
One of the worst places to work above graduate and below management
Great organisation to work for with very professional employees. Due to being an extremely large organisation, at times as an individual you seem very small
not a good workplace. No leadership, poor management and poor communication. Large staff turnover. Workplace culture was very much in silos, not introductions to other teams and some very egotistical management, not supportive at all.
  1. Employee reviews