Logistics People

Logistics People Employee Reviews

Good start job. A place for novices where you can get better with your driving skills. No day same as other, some might be challenging. Offering permanent work even through agency. Some people have been working there through agency for years. As long as you do what you're told, you should have no issues.
Pros
Permanent work
Cons
No family/work balance, loads of hours for not so great pay
Their team do a fantastic job to support everybody. What they are is supportive and will try their best to help you when they can. Keep up the good work guys 👍
Pros
They've got a network of people that can cope and are a strong team unit.
Cons
A bit late notice when they want you work overtime that's all
Great company and people, pleasure to work with. Always supporting staff members. The company offers many different positions and opportunities growth and development.
This company falsely advertise. What they promise in the adverts/on the Web page is pure fantasy. The staff at LP are incapable of telling the truth, do not return your calls/texts & when they do converse with you they are ill mannered. The ops planners have extremely limited knowledge, if any at all, of driving regulations. The wages are not good. You have to buy your own uniform. There's no sick pay. The way the wages are paid are questionable. You get no holiday pay despite what they say & you certainly don't get the rates quoted. way wages are paid are questionable! You get no holiday pay, no sick pay, & irecenttly no furlough
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional in every aspect
I have worked for Logistics peoples for many years now and they tell me they do everything for me so I don't have to worry. I get paid every week and buy my uniforms, I do not get paid holidays but I have to book them, I start my job at the same time every day this is not self-employed this is employed. They sack me for Coronaivirus with no pay and when I try to get help from the government they say I am self-employed and paid no tax by logistics peoples so to give me a bill for 9000 euro Logistics peoples tell lies, this is not fair for human beings
I have drove for LP for years and it has got so bad now I have decided to call it a day. Both the Goole and Doncaster depot have no respect for drivers and you are worked like a slave Planners regularly plan a 12/13 hour day five days a week, They will not let you go part-time and Ad-Hock is a joke, In a nutshell, they never ring you forcing you into a full-time shift pattern. Not everything is as it seems at LP and to this day I am not sure who I work for or who pays my wages. With a bit of luck, the taxman will sort this mess out when I go for my next job...
Cannot be trusted, will get rid of you in the blink of an eye. No loyalty to "contractors". Slashed every one's pay without consultation. Won't give you details when asked.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Bad management
Planning very strict and angry/trucks very dirty/head planning manager very bossy and angry ...they treat u like a dog with one word!this is for stobart planning not agency!!allso agency forgot to pay bonuses for holiday banks and for the drivers u recommend...not a good experience and the pay rate its the lowest in the aria!!
promise you times that suit, then once they have got all your personnel details private data they come up with excuses and offer you times that you never disgusted with them but they have all your data, then when explaining rates they tell you it confusingly.
Pros
not much
Cons
your hood winked
Very good agencey which is apart of the stobart group.and stobart owned .gave you plenty of work but once you was set on you worked for stobarts .good work week in week out .no complaints
No colleague working environment if your English speaking as most of staff and 90% of drivers are non English speaking. Hard environment to fit in and put down roots.
Always changing the rules. Guaranteed work when it suits them. When it doesn't suit them to keep you they just say 'go home, we don't need you tomorrow.' Pay department a disgrace, lying and changing rates at will
Pros
Cons
Lying staff
Great company to work for, well looked after, dealing with important clients on a daily basis, dealing with no shows, great team around you, would recommend to anyone
After I had my registration I was promised container work on night shift with a full site induction and training. Firstly on my first shift they sent me to the wrong depot (which made me late for shift) there was no site induction and my training was sitting in front on a computer screen learning how to use a tail lift for 40 mins. There’s also a tablet with lots of different functions on in your cab there’s no training for this (your expected to use this) when it came to doing the job I was told I’m on general haulage they don’t do container work at night... Logistics people lied to me and also they don’t seem to communicate with Stobart’s very well. Since then they offered me work 50 miles from where I live avoid avoid avoid!!
Cons
Guaranteed work. Hourly rate quoted is false. They don't tell you rate enhanced by 25% to cover holiday pay employer N.I. Etc. So look at the facts. If you are quoted £12 per. hour for Saturday work you are actually working for £9 per hour.
Pros
Guaranteed shifts
Cons
Not exactly being truthfull with hourly rate etc.
Really good place to work if you want to start you career at warehouse this is the way to go. really friendly people work in the office and warehouse is full of people that want to help you.
Pros
1 hour brake
Cons
Time goes slow some of the days.
Enjoy working for LP, Stobarts Office staff are a bit disrespectful at times and some of the rules are a bit crazy (like no shorts its Tesco policy then you see Tesco staff wearing them). The loading of the cages can be a problem to high to heavy, I find store staff all good
Pros
4 day week for 5 days money
Cons
Hot and heavy work at times
I have been driving for Logistics People and they are a good company to work for, always paid on time and treated me with respect. Work always varied.
Pros
Nice People and Good Pay
I am provided with guaranteed work throughout the whole year - cannot fault this agency! I'm never cancelled and work 5 shifts minimum every week! Would recommend Logistics People to any driver looking for stable and consistent work all year.
Been working for LP for over a year now, never been let down. I’m on a Monday - Friday day shift and sometimes do overtime at the weekend when I can. Can’t complain - best agency I have worked for
Pros
Guaranteed hours every week, friendly and helpful staff
  1. Employee reviews