Logistics People
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Logistics People Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom42 reviews

was very productive work and environment

Very fast pace working environment. Work is very straight forward unloading and loading containers and wrapping pallets. Good few minutes walk from the bus stop. driving is more ideal if travelling to Coalville

Good workplace

I been very happy when I worked for them . They was very serious with the money. They paid every minute you worked. I will recommend them to my friends .

Pros

Cheap meals

Cons

Good hours

Insights into Logistics People

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Don’t expect a lot

They text you at all sorts of hours to tell you what shifts your working and can never get hold of them when you need to speak to them and when they finally get back to you they make you feel like it’s a great inconvenience for them also made to feel undervalued and easily replaced

Pros

The people you work with on site

Cons

The management on site treat you like poo

Not guaranteed hours

Very disappointed was hoping for better, was told pay would be guaranteed at 9 hours even if you didn't work the 9 hours. There is not enough work. Best avoid, don't listen to the rubbish.

Pros

Non

Cons

Not enough work

Good workplace

I worked for logistics people and I was very satisfied of my workplace and they was very reliable and they paid me well for the work I have done .Thank you

Stressful with mediocre managers.

Apart from the guys I worked with most of the time, you are left alone on the first day to do the job. Advertised as forklift driver, you end up working on PPT, CB and Reach trucks. The cancellations are on the day you are meant to work, they have very poor handheld guns, which are falling apart and are not repaired, when you complain about things not working or about problems with batteries, you are just told get on with it. All the management care about are numbers. You work a 4 on 4 off shift and get cancelled sometimes for 3 out of 4, not good as this in an agency whom, don't care if you have work or not. At times I ended up using all accrued holidays just to make sure I got a full week's wage.

Pros

Some of the staff working on the shop floor

Cons

Everything else, poor machinery and very poor tools.

Amazing agency

Their team do a fantastic job to support everybody. What they are is supportive and will try their best to help you when they can. Keep up the good work guys 👍

Pros

They've got a network of people that can cope and are a strong team unit.

Cons

A bit late notice when they want you work overtime that's all

Not too bad

Good start job. A place for novices where you can get better with your driving skills. No day same as other, some might be challenging. Offering permanent work even through agency. Some people have been working there through agency for years. As long as you do what you're told, you should have no issues.

Pros

Permanent work

Cons

No family/work balance, loads of hours for not so great pay

Great Company to work for

Great company and people, pleasure to work with. Always supporting staff members. The company offers many different positions and opportunities growth and development.

Don't bother

This company falsely advertise. What they promise in the adverts/on the Web page is pure fantasy. The staff at LP are incapable of telling the truth, do not return your calls/texts & when they do converse with you they are ill mannered. The ops planners have extremely limited knowledge, if any at all, of driving regulations. The wages are not good. You have to buy your own uniform. There's no sick pay. The way the wages are paid are questionable. You get no holiday pay despite what they say & you certainly don't get the rates quoted. way wages are paid are questionable! You get no holiday pay, no sick pay, & irecenttly no furlough

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional in every aspect

Employed ?

I have worked for Logistics peoples for many years now and they tell me they do everything for me so I don't have to worry. I get paid every week and buy my uniforms, I do not get paid holidays but I have to book them, I start my job at the same time every day this is not self-employed this is employed. They sack me for Coronaivirus with no pay and when I try to get help from the government they say I am self-employed and paid no tax by logistics peoples so to give me a bill for 9000 euro Logistics peoples tell lies, this is not fair for human beings

worked like a slave and treated like one

I have drove for LP for years and it has got so bad now I have decided to call it a day. Both the Goole and Doncaster depot have no respect for drivers and you are worked like a slave Planners regularly plan a 12/13 hour day five days a week, They will not let you go part-time and Ad-Hock is a joke, In a nutshell, they never ring you forcing you into a full-time shift pattern. Not everything is as it seems at LP and to this day I am not sure who I work for or who pays my wages. With a bit of luck, the taxman will sort this mess out when I go for my next job...

worked like a slave and treated like one

Save yourself the hassle

Cannot be trusted, will get rid of you in the blink of an eye. No loyalty to "contractors". Slashed every one's pay without consultation. Won't give you details when asked.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Bad management

Hgv class 1

Planning very strict and angry/trucks very dirty/head planning manager very bossy and angry ...they treat u like a dog with one word!this is for stobart planning not agency!!allso agency forgot to pay bonuses for holiday banks and for the drivers u recommend...not a good experience and the pay rate its the lowest in the aria!!

dont belive a word

promise you times that suit, then once they have got all your personnel details private data they come up with excuses and offer you times that you never disgusted with them but they have all your data, then when explaining rates they tell you it confusingly.

Pros

not much

Cons

your hood winked

Good agencey to work for.

Very good agencey which is apart of the stobart group.and stobart owned .gave you plenty of work but once you was set on you worked for stobarts .good work week in week out .no complaints

Don't belive anything they say

Always changing the rules. Guaranteed work when it suits them. When it doesn't suit them to keep you they just say 'go home, we don't need you tomorrow.' Pay department a disgrace, lying and changing rates at will

Pros

Cons

Lying staff

Very good company

Great company to work for, well looked after, dealing with important clients on a daily basis, dealing with no shows, great team around you, would recommend to anyone

Dishonest people avoid

After I had my registration I was promised container work on night shift with a full site induction and training. Firstly on my first shift they sent me to the wrong depot (which made me late for shift) there was no site induction and my training was sitting in front on a computer screen learning how to use a tail lift for 40 mins. There’s also a tablet with lots of different functions on in your cab there’s no training for this (your expected to use this) when it came to doing the job I was told I’m on general haulage they don’t do container work at night... Logistics people lied to me and also they don’t seem to communicate with Stobart’s very well. Since then they offered me work 50 miles from where I live avoid avoid avoid!!

Not everything as promised

Guaranteed work. Hourly rate quoted is false. They don't tell you rate enhanced by 25% to cover holiday pay employer N.I. Etc. So look at the facts. If you are quoted £12 per. hour for Saturday work you are actually working for £9 per hour.

Pros

Guaranteed shifts

Cons

Not exactly being truthfull with hourly rate etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement