Lola's Cupcakes

Lola's Cupcakes Employee Reviews

Easy and fun workplace

At the end of the day, the job is as simple as selling cupcakes. For any new comers, the admin work that comes with our responsibilities gets comfortable within a couple of shifts. The best part of this job is definitely the people you work with making the day more enjoyable. Good vibes and efficiency are needed especially during peak hours.

Pros

Free cupcakes and staff discount

Cons

Standing up during shifts, no piercings allowed

extreme hours and no appreciate

extreme working hours even covid times and no appreciation.after long working day youll get look down on. Manager favoritism.working atmosphere is unpleasant.

Pros

paid break

Cons

long hours.getting looked down on all the time

Not so sweet, gross misconduct!

Lolas cupcakes, the sweetest place you think you could work. Well, I could not have been more wrong in my life. The store managers were mostly sweethearts, they were kind, understanding and very friendly- I am thankful for my own manager who proved to me that they aren't all bad. HOWEVER, the managers above them are racist, homophobic and incredibly disorganised. They hire people who have less fluency in English and make them work longer hours because they are less likely to protest. They also value their own personal friendships, they tend to protect each other when an employer comes them about misconduct and instead of punishing them, they transfer the victim. One store manager is incredibly homophobic, rude and hurtful, this person was reported several times and has no formal warning against them, this person is protected by the person higher up who controls payroll- i.e who gets fired and who stays on. This person was recently promoted. The CEO of the company does absolutely nothing to stop this, he is in the hands of the people who are conducting this misconduct.This company is failing in more ways than one. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR EVEN APPLY HERE.

Pros

Free cupcakes, Some nice store managers

Cons

Favouritism, Homophobia, Discrimination, Terrible upper management

Good work environment

Lovely place to work,Meeting new people ,Amazing cupcakes, brownies and cakes.Easy to get the hang off.Lovely staff as well as head mangers.Also weekly pay is amazing

Pros

Discount on lolas

Cons

Standing up fot 8 hours

Demanding and Degrading

Working in food industry meant customers treating you as if you are completely beneath them, being shouted at for their mistakes. Manager was lovely. Team were amazing, perks were great, pay was less than favourable. Went on maternity leave and came back to manager notifying me that they have over employed the store and some weeks i may not have any shifts (not their fault, area manager and owners made them hire more people to cover me) so i left

Pros

Free cupcakes, cakes, milkshakes, cheesecakes and hot drinks

Cons

demanding, horrible customers, unable to live on wage

energetic

Lolas cupcakes is a really great company to work for with great work ethics. the management is coordinated well, having exclusive products due to season or celebration is nice.

Homophobic and abusive!!!!

If you are homophobic and abusive you will enjoy working there. And they have the cheek to sell "pride" cupcakes. they dont care about their workers.colleagues can abuse each other without help from the management.great place if you want to be abused.

Productive and fun workplace

The best place I have ever worked in. It has lasted just a few months because of some personal duties. Great staff, amazing food, good shifts, flexible team, good salary and fun time.

Pros

50% on the merchandise, free birthday cake, paid holidays

Review on my time with Lolas

Was okay, kinda got used and abused by this company though - the owner opened up a new store which has now closed down since i've left but i would train new staff was one of the original helpers getting the store going with good success - After a certain time frame your pay was meant to increase, he uses this to then "removes" you off the team and just replaces and the cycle goes on - Considering i was replaced by someone i was training at the time due to me raising the pay up and now the store closes not long after i can say it may not be the best for a long term job but maybe the average student might like this job

A real busy workplace during seasonals.

You start to work at 6am in the morning, working untill the production is done. That can be before 2pm or after 2pm. Depends on the ammount of orders for the next day.

Do not care about staff

Lola's is a great place to work at the sales assistant level as long as you do not intend to go into management. You are expected to answer your phone at all hours of the day and you will never be granted time off during any holidays in the year. You are pushed to work a ridiculous amount hours outside in the freezing cold often alone, as they wont extend budgets to more than 3/4 people per stall. If the stall doesn't do well within a few weeks it will be closed with zero notice and all staff are left without a job. I've seen this happen a few times whilst I was there. All this for rubbish pay, the cleaners of the centre earned close to my manager wage! There is zero communication between its head office and the stores and your support is more worried about gaining sales for their commission than helping out because a driver has damaged a customers order. There is clear favouritism in Lola's and sadly if you arent in the CEO pocket you get treated poorly.

Pros

You get your birthday off paid and a free £65 cake

Cons

Ceo, very low wages, zero hour contracts., Poor HR

Lola's Cupcakes Company is a very good company. I liked working there because the colleagues and external suppliers were very nice and understanding. Everything was always clean and it was a pleasure to work there. I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Free cupcakes, vacation

Cons

Limited breaks

Productive place to work

Every day it's different, with new challenges, I'm part of a fun and diverse team, being a hard working person allowed me to progress further my career.

productive and fun workplace

high-quality products extreme high hygiene good teamwork, excellent communication sometimes stressful, sometimes fewer hours, good opportunity to getting some experience of a factory

Delievry

Well its was a different type of job but very fun at the same time but there fore i got to organize alot and also the most excitingthing was that i could go out on a run wish means so with the driver to deliver

good place for a first job in London

Good place to start a job in a such big city as London,with the opportunity to improve english when you are a foreigner, is a easy job but it´s time to move on. the company need more organization and better life balance. the schedule is so unsocial, and the payment its not good enough.

productive and fun place to work

Very nice place to work , everyday is different . There's cheap parking around the area and the possibility to progress in the company . The owners are very nice people to work for .

I loved it here.

This was by far my favourite place of work. The manager was absolutely lovely. The food was to die for, and trust me, I ate a lot of it! Although the pay wasn't particularly great, I was paid weekly and this was really good as it meant I always had money in the bank. I really cannot describe how much I loved working here, I would still be working there if the cart hadn't left Bicester!

Pros

Lovely food, friendly management, lots of professional development.

Cons

Long shifts, poor pay.

Best company to work for in terms of fast progression.

Easy and fun work • 8 hour shifts • birthday paid and day off • guaranteed working hours • free birthday cake up to £60 from the company • easy and fast progression • able to organise and work on events around London • friendly team

Pros

Birthday paid and off

Cons

Needs more challenges

A enjoyable place to work and can gain valuable experience and knowledge.

This workplace was a lovely place to work and I gained valuable experience and knowledge as I was working here. During this work, I developed my skills and my strengths.

Bonne ambiance de travail

Toujours une très bonne ambiance et un esprit d'entraide entre les collègues. La propreté de l'établissement était aussi un point positif car la qualité de la marque passe aussi par l'entretien de l'espace de vente.

Pros

Cupcake gratuit

Cons

Salaire bas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lola's Cupcakes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement