Londis

Londis Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

The boss is very chill and easy to get along with. The job was fairly simple just stack shelves and do a tiny inventory check every so often to see if anything needs to be added to the store room.
Don’t apply if you are in their clique because you won’t fit in and they will make sure you know it Did not get along with anyone as non of them gave me a chance Got shouted at down the phone, you’re constantly watched on cctv while working and then the smallest mistake you are treated like you can’t do your job Even if you do your job correctly they with fire you for the most stupidest reason Worst job I have ever had and I’ll never recommend anyone getting a job there with them
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Horrible people to work for
My parents owned the shop and franchise was through London’s previously spar when property purchased. London’s made big changes and refurbished shop when we owned it no complaints from Londis
Pros
Family run
Cons
I had worked with this work placement for a year I had to leave the work placement as becoming pregnant but I had learned to work as a team and the hardest part was becoming over my fear with speaking to the customers but I had my fear overcome this thankyou for my old work placement so I have learned to have great communication skills and learning to work as a team
My time at londis was very hard work you need to be physicality fit to work here lots of heavy lifting daily. you dont really stop from the time you start until you finish .your tasks for the day are sometimes are impossible to complete on your shift .
I enjoy working at Londis because I get to meet and build strong communication with members of the local community. Which has strengthen my Customer Service skills, Excellent training, Positive attitude, ongoing support from management and colleges. Every day is a different day at work, your never bored as always plenty to do. At the end of my shift I always fell, that I have been productive in my work and offered a excellent Customer service, which I have been praised for by customers and management. I am very happy to be a part of Londis group. Thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Weekend work
Treated like family in my local shop. Built up my confidence and made countless friends over the years that I've worked there. Well run and a friendly work environment.
I found this place very poor to work in.Extremely hard with no health and safety put in place.very unreasonable and wages not always paid.no wage slip
in this job i was mainly stacking shelf's and unloading stock i would also help customers who needed help finding or getting certain things, i found fulfilling my jobs purpose quite straight forward and felt comfortable asking for help off the staff when necessary.
Pros
friendly staff, 30 min lunch break
Cons
nothing to add
If you want your Rota done on the Sunday night for the week ahead, get paid ÂŁ5ph for anything over 16hrs, have wages docked if till is down and no access to a toilet if the owners are out... then this job is for you
Pros
Cons
Too long to list
Friendly, professional place. I was very young at the time of working here so I didn’t have the best experience. But it was definitely a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace to work, management was very good, got along with everyone there and didn’t mind the work. The job itself was sometimes tiring, due to the early hours and fast pace.
Pros
New skills/work experience, good money at a young age.
Cons
Long hours.
overall the best place i have worked at so far, would reccomened anyone looking for a sales job to ask for vacancies. No stress , no headache friendly staff
It was a good place to work. There were flexible working hours and good, supportive staff members. I would recommend working here to anyone that is in need of a job.
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
Far away
Most people would think londis is just your normal local shop but when you work there you are part of a team, a family.everypne gets on great you couldn't ask for better management
My experience has grown with every new job that I have taken on. I have learned to work well as an individual. Showing that I can do things without being told various times. I also work well with others and get along with my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of any job is the learning process at the beginning. I take on information very well and have a capacity to retain this information, with the ability to do things without being told twice. I get along with all of my managers. I really enjoy learning new things and enjoy being able to express my self in my work.
Pros
Good distance from me.
Cons
Not flexible with hours.
Easy place to work without much pressure on your shoulders, happy members of staff and willing to help you where ever possible. Easy hours and not to long.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early start
It was not enjoyable. Poor quality of work, bad hours and minimum wage pay. The staffroom was just a small tatty old room upstairs, we had to pay for our own lunch and it was always uncomfortable to be there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Bad hours, low pay, terrible staff room, have to buy own lunch at work, bad working conditions in kitchen, uncomfortable, poor person management
I normally start work a 6-00 am , the routine is well practiced , the management are ok , the culture is one of getting into a routine, we just get on with it , the most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with any queries that they may have and to help solve them.
Was an opportunity at the time of my life to gain experience working face to face with customers and enhance my customer service skills, cash handling and various deliveries.
Great flexibility with working hours, and varied clientele. Plenty of customers that ate on holiday so they all have interesting stories to tell. The bosses are lovely.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay