London Ambulance Service NHS Trust

London Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Reviews

If you have good people skills customer oorientated and like to drive it the best job for I would do volunteering anytime pts Great people to work with
I can say that this company in on the top of my list.Is the best place you can ever work. Gives you the support you need and when you need. Most people I met they're friendly and willing to teach you something new.
Pros
On request you can get flexible working hours and family friendly shifts.
Cons
No breaks
Do not care about staff welfare and will replace you in a heartbeat Run by people who have no experience in running an ambulance service and it shows
Good work social environment. Personal development plan. Charity activities. Sports day. Team building exercises. Fast paced. Good induction for new personnel.
To many chiefs not enough indians, but none of them know what their doing for their pay scale. Dealing with arrogant internal customers that think its above their pay scale to do the job properly.
Pros
Flexi hours dress down Fridays
Cons
Pay rubbish for the responsibilities
They want more from you all the time, But don’t want to pay you, you are driven by targets, patient care is irrelevant. You will be overlooked for advanvcment, unless you are the right gender, sexuality , age or colour. You are living in fear, they don’t like you to know the rules. The senior managers have no connection with staff, the organisation has a paramilitary feel about it. Pay for your own training at university.
Pros
The patients
Cons
The management are coûts.
Working for LAS is challenging and not for everyone but the culture and environment is good within corporate. It's not your average desk job, but members of staff are all welcoming and there's lots of opportunities for secondments and career progression, and courses to better yourself professionally.
Pros
Opportunities, work culture, the experience
Cons
Can be stressful, many levels of bueracracy
Great organisation to work for. Lot of chance to improve and move on good training and uniform is provided Pay is very good n comparison to other organisations
A very difficult job to do, made worse by politics at management level. Bullying goes on frequently. Following a very traumatic job you are not allowed time to recover, they practically immediately send you out on the next job. Some of the staff who have been there for years are fantastic, the younger recruits have no communication skills, this being a major factor in a job like this.
The work day changed depending on the shift you worked, days were very different to nights. The job was highly satisfying as youa got to help the public and those in need.
A career for those who seek to work in a challenging environment and dealing with people who are often very sick or injured. You will be challenged daily in your ability to deal with people from London's extremely diverse population and be required to be profession at all times. Until my retirement this year I would describe it as the best job in the world
The job is stressful and not for everyone. 12 hour shifts and rotational night shifts. Callers are challenging and you expect the staff to be supportive as the protocols are confusing
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
Stressful
Great camaraderie and support, long hours pressurised situations but if you like this environment it’s a great place to work and you will be rewarded and given time off in lieu for your efforts. I would not have left if it were not for the 2hour commute each day.
Really enjoyed working for such a kind, professional, organised, worthwhile organisation. It was very fulfilling being part of it and I was given autonomy and flexibility
The only positive about the entire organisation is your colleagues. The hours are ridiculous, pay is awful, and management and scheduling are atrocious. International staff are expected to travel for 2+ hours in the middle of the night to work at stations on the M25 border. No ordinary challenge is one way to put it!
Pros
Nil
Cons
As above
in my time working for the Las in the beginning it was relaxed and enjoyable. as the years went by everything became quite stressful. but that is the way society has become
Pros
good support network
Cons
can be long hours
My job predominantly revolves around taking 999 calls from the general public. I need to remain highly compliant at all times diligently following all work protocols. Accuracy is a prerequisite of all aspects of my job, and a sense of urgency. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a caller is appreciative of our service, or when I am able to save a life or deliver a baby over the phone. The workplace culture is very friendly & supportive as are the management
Working for the London Ambulance Service (LAS) is a great thing and something to be proud of I’m proud of putting my uniform on everyday and getting to help people. The LAS care about and support their employees (personal experience of this), the training is difficult but second to none, and you make some amazing work mates. If you want a career in the ambulance service, then I’d highly recommend joining LAS.
A company that really does care about its staff and appreciates your role in the care of its patients whether youre out on the front line or in the back office. Its ethos is we're all important and couldnt do the job without everyone else. Very inclusive and caring place to work.
Pros
Excellent values of staff and patients
Cons
Offices sometimes in garages, can be cold.
The management bully the workers underneath them. They state how supportive they are to their workers, however the reality is so different. Many are leaving the service due to the oppressive culture.
Everything is a target and it’s extremely stressful with home life becoming non existent ! Proper abuse is every day and that is now part of everyday working life