LONDON BOROUGH OF BEXLEY

LONDON BOROUGH OF BEXLEY Employee Reviews

Having worked at some horrendous places, this is a breath of fresh air.Yes it's busy and sometimes stressful but I have always been supported by my manager and it makes all the difference.
Pros
On site cafe, relaxed culture
Cons
wages could be better
Good collaborative work between professionals. Making a difference to children & their families along with support to support & school staff. Good information sharing between multi-agencies
Pros
current commute
Cons
parking
Work on a flexible basics, depending on your manager. Very supportive for apprentices but not always guaranteed a job as they like you to get your qualification and get another apprentice in.
Hitherto a lovely place to work but not so much since the exit of the erstwhile director and lots of staff moving on Altogether, I've enjoyed working in Bexley but looking to move on
Pros
Brilliant training opportunities
Cons
Favouritism is some quaters
The best decision I ever made in leaving the company I was treated unfairly Not somewhere I would recommend to work for or would I return to that company
Bexley's social care legal department are new to the idea of having a Paralegal so the role has not been developed to such a standard. They use there paralegals as part admin and even though the paralegal work contains administrative duties it should not be a sole admin role. There is not enough work to keep one occupied as the lawyers do everything themselves.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Not enough work and poor management
At LBB we try and make a difference to the members of the borough. Hardest part of the role is coming up with an instant solution which is also cost effective.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Really enjoyed working at Bexley. Bright, dynamic and motivated people, really nice working environment. Great culture and fascinating Analysis projects. Certainly one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Since my first time working for Bexley i have always had a great love for the company and the people working there. Friendly and open staff who are willing to learn and help are available at every turn. i have worked for some fantastic managers there who really do appreciate true work life balance and encourage a flexible approach. the only gripe is as cut backs get more and more severe, unfortunately job security can become a concern.
Pros
Flexible working hours, great people
Cons
Job security
a typical day is processing lots of invoices or processing spreadsheets ensuring that the clients are charged correctly for the care they have recieved from the relevant agencies. I answer the phone to clients ringing in to adjust invoices because they were in hospital or in respite and not had the care. This is the hardest part of the job as you can get some clients who are shouting at you and some are really lovely. You do get satisfaction though because you have helped someone and sometimes you are the only person other than the carer that the elderly client has spoken to all day.
Pros
nice new building with air conditioning and near to shops
Cons
no daylight or fresh air
Working as a Poll Clerk for London Borough of Bexley involves working very long hours .Starting at 6.00am until close of poll at 10.00pm , Working as a team is essential in this role to ensure that the Polling Station runs smoothly throughout the day. The Polling Station must be ready by 7.00am to welcome the voters. My job is to guide candidates through the voting system as well as helping them with any questions they may have about how to vote. I must be impartial at all times. The hardest part of the job is the very long hours, you need a lot of stamina as well as patience in this role . If any difficulties arise we have a Presiding Officer on the station at all times. My co-workers are generally hard-working and pleasant to work with. Over the years I have become more confident in the work-place .The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of different people as well as job satisfaction.
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Very lomg hours
A lot of the day is spent on the phone dealing with residents enquiries and logging complaints on the Councils system. Also directing callers to other departments as requested via the switchboard. I also respond to the many incoming Customer Services e-mails that need to be responded to within 2 working days as per the Councils protocol. Part of my role is to also work on the Council's main reception, whereby I assist residents with their housing needs, school admissions queries, planning and building control applications and taking payments for planning and building control fees and processing Parking Permits. Along with this I sometimes I work on the main Meet & Greet desk welcoming Councillors and other important visitors when they arrive for meetings and issuing temporary staff passes. I enjoy working with my co workers, as everyone works as a team and we all pull together in busy periods and everyone is friendly. I would say that the hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult residents on the phone and on reception when they become angry and aggressive. This happens mainly with housing issues and trying to pacify and calm them down which can quite often be quite stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to residents and knowing that you have been able to assist them with a situation which they have been worried about and managed to put it right for them and they have gone away feeling happy.
Pros
Free car parking space
Cons
Angry, aggressive residents
Communication can be an issue this due to constant changes in systems and processes. Staff are constantly being reduced causing an impact on workload in all service areas. Staff turn over and management restructuring in some service areas cause major admin work within my department.
Pros
Pension scheme. Co workers
Cons
Job security, no progession within the company.
A typical day at work was very busy and enjoyable Training was available -in house Management is very approachable Co-workers all worked well within a team -very friendly hardest part was rude customers on the phone Working with the public is always enjoyable.
Pros
Coffee break
Cons
air conditioning in office very stuffy in summer months
Enjoyed working with colleagues,all very supportive. I learnt to always voice out issues.