LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING

LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING Employee Reviews

know what you want

it is very stressful and overwhelming. You need to have a high resilience and want to work Hardest part of the job is that most clients threaten to go to MP if they dont get what they want which is very stressful. no resources which makes job harder. a lot of admin

An Excellent Employer

The working day was varied from attending meetings, interpreting data, managing clients/3rd party agencies to supporting members of the public. Excellent opportunities to attend training for personal development. Strong management team with a clear vision and strategy. Great workplace culture with opportunities to team build, supportive management structure and social activities encouraged. Could be pressurised with competing demands, but manageable. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable was working with colleagues, clients and external agencies to achieve aims and ambitions.

Pros

Good pay, holidays, security.

Cons

No bonuses, bureaucracy as with many local government roles.

workplace

it's fun to work with London borough of havering it's like you are in your family business and then from the management level to the ground staff are so friendly.

Hard work, worked with great people

Good place to work, as it was local to me. No travel costs. Nice people to work with, hard work, if you don't like standing and lifting, don't do it. Management were good, people do not appreciate how hard a job it is

No route for progression

Extremely difficult to progress in your career here. Very little room to reach the next grade in your career unless you have qualifications (that you can not gain as part of the job, as there is no training scheme for it).

Work is rewarding and change is continuous which is not a bad thing.

Working here is rewarding as you get to help vulnerable people who are struggling to manage everyday living. The work culture is good although very fast paced. I enjoy the job itself as it is rewarding and I like the people that I work with.

Volunteer

Hours works around other commitments. I can do the hours that suits me, I can use the skills learnt through football to ensure children have fun, and also support parents with Mental health issues.

Worked there 28 years and delivered a good standard of work. I worked there for a number of years delivering services to the local residents. I worked part as a team and also as a lone worker.

it is good palve to wotk

good work life balance, friendly staff , advanced use if technology. move with in services, various different culture and management. work with in tight dead line

Challenging and dynamic workplace.

A typical day could see the team out on multiagency ops with the police to inspect unlicensed HMO's, carrying out HHSRS assessments, attending court or tribunals. PACE interviewing criminal landlords, dealing with substandard housing conditions and associated criminality such as modern slavery or illegal evictions. No two days are the same, it is challenging and fast paced in a dynamic borough that is undergoing a fantastic cultural change to tackle poor housing conditions, overcrowding and anti-social behaviour.

Jobs at LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING

See more jobs

I enjoyed working with the people not with the establishment. In 2003 when I loved working for Havering . I had to leave due to several restructuring.

The Council allowed me to work on my organisational, supervisory skills. A typical day at work will be getting on the phones 10 minutes before the start of work. We had 15 minutes tea breaks in the morning and the afternoon. These were not very well regulated as it was left with the telephonic system to sort out. The managers or team leaders at the beginning of my work experience did not have people skills or mentoring skills. My last Team Leader however was exceptional. She was supportive, encouraging and assertive. A lot of worker were related to management which made things a bit difficult . The most enjoyable part of the was training and doing my 1-2-1’s and PDPA’s.

Pros

Training

LB Havering

Excellent management, friendly staff. Everyone in the office was welcoming and management directed me so that I knew which tasks to focus on. I also learnt new skills, no one would hesitate to help me.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

To review plans of large building developments. Talking to the emergency services on the telephone. Talking to the Property Developers. Meetings with clients. Emails and electronic diary. I gained experience on how to name and number a development. The workplace culture had leadership values, some colleagues had good attitudes and personalities.

Pros

flexible

Cons

Getting answers

I worked here

i worked here for 11 years. I enjoyed my time in this establishment. I worked here for 6 years. I enjoyed working with the families - the different level of needs

I enjoyed my time there

Was a good place to work during my years there. Flexible working hours, where you could build up time to take a day off in agreement with your manager

Innovative and productive

I have enjoyed working in Havering, and have had the opportunity to develop professionally. I have learned a lot about organisational change, and systemic practice. The workplace culture is positive and I work with some really talented, creative and committed Colleagues. The hardest part of the job for me has been moving to a different department, where the developmental opportunities are limited. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have an excellent Team to manage, and I get to work with many young people, and work with them to improve their outcomes,

Pros

Felixible working

fast paced & busy

This role was customer facing and very busy. Often dealing with difficult members of the public ...this could be challenging but it was a good learning curve. Team work was a big here, as we would liaise between teams on a daily basis.

Pros

flexi

Cons

public facing

Hard working,professonal and organised.

In a typical day in my last position as a Rent Account Officer, my duties would be to manage the Tenants Home Contents Insurance and also throughout the day complete various rent accounts duties. In the 14 years working for the London Borough of Havering I learnt a number of skills from Stress managment to Equites & Diversity. The hardest part of the job would be working with some challenging council tenants,but at the same time be very rewarding, enjoyable and satisfying by solving there problems. .

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Dealing with Difficult tenants

friendly people, interesting work

Teams are friendly, passionate and care about what they do. Work is very much 'making a difference' to disadvantaged individuals, but pay is very low and benefits are lower than commercial organisations. Flexible working arrangements are very good

Workplace culture is not ideal

the workplace culture was not ideal and management was not strong. I came during a time of change and there was an anxiousness in the team which was never resolved.

Good Employer

Working for Havering can be a fulfilling experience for those willing to be loyal and work hard. The area still has some beautiful green spaces to visit and chill out if you have the benefit of living in the area too.

Pros

Local Authority Pension Scheme still competitive

Cons

Will never be as highly paid as inner city area roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement