London Borough of Hillingdon logo
London Borough of Hillingdon

London Borough of Hillingdon Employee Reviews

Working together

Supportive with lots of opportunities for training to develop you further. Supervisions and staff meetings Management and line managers work closely together

Pros

No uniform

Cons

No felixble working hours

Best work environment by far

It is a privilege to work for LBH. With many benefits it is an appealing place to work.As with anywhere there are challenges ahead but that's what made the experience thoroughly enjoyable. Highly recommend working for LBH.

Pros

Excellent Benefits

Cons

Challenging at times

Poor management/worker culture

There is a long established bullying culture at LBH. From my experience, any concerns about health & safety from individuals ( without support from your peers) is swiftly closed down by your manager. Your made to look like a troublemaker and not a team player. Career progression and promotion is hard to get, if you don't tow the mangers line.

Appalling team culture

The team I was in had a poor culture where one senior colleague controlled 1 manager and their decisions! This colleague would sabotage work and set you up to fail. really difficult to work with and used to scream and shout and bang his desk, his line manager who was sat next to him, ignored his behaviour! He had very poor relationships with other internal teams & no one respected our team due to his behaviour.

Great employer

Fantastic close knit team, ready to welcome new ideas and thoroughly supportive. I am openly encouraged to take further training which is paid for by LBH. Very caring about wellbeing of employees.

Productive and relaxed

The morning was looking at the support desk and then into meetings, being council get ready for a lot of meetings and PoCs before making decisions. The best thing with LBH is annual holiday and pension.

really good

spend a day at a polling station, very fulfilling, enjoyed working here, nice people, good pay, management was nice, will be doing it again in the future

Very Good in all areas

Very good employer in all areas as this survey has indicated.enjoyed working here allowed to complete work with trust by my manager any concerns were dealt with speedily happy working environment

Fun workplace

I was able to utilise and combine my creative flare with my administration and sales experience. I would ideally love to work in another Library or a school

Pros

Diverse

Cons

Late nights and weekends

Good company

Has good benefits and trade unions are recognised Have been here for nearly 24 years Close to local transport connections is a forward thinking company

Jobs at London Borough of Hillingdon

See more jobs

Productive and fun place to work, every day is different!

Nice staff, nice management, lovely residents . Every day is different and you will have a lots of trainings helping you doing your job!

Pros

Free lunches, easy job to do if you are empathic.

Cons

Nothing wrong

Did not like the job

Not good job horrible people to work with they make you run the round an to each pile of rubbish an then chunk it on the lorry an it absolutely stinks makes you feel sick.

Pros

Early finish

Cons

Working in the rain

Hard working environment.

I would meet with my mentor on a day to day basis, we would then receive our job(s) for the day. Either we would be on emergencys which would include locating and fixing leaks, which could be very challenging especially if it is in a mainspipe under the flooring. If we are not on emergenceys we would be on "booked out" jobs. This could include fitting a bath, wash hand basic, toilet, sink or cold water storage tank in a loft. A lot of the job included talking to the residents to explain what was being carried out giving them the best satisfaction.

Pros

Something different everyday, a lot of communication needed.

Cons

Dirty at times.

Great

Great employer good support. listen to opinions and respect all workforce, Diversity throughout. Enjoyable to work for and longevity ensured. There when you need them

Excellent terms of work

So proud of Hillingdon, excellent management of human and material resources, very diversified work environment, where employees are accorded respect.

Pros

free parking

Cons

full time work contract

This was a political position

If you can tolerate and work with politicians in order to do some good then this is the job for you. Your responsibility is to help the electorate in your ward with a variety of problems from anti social behaviour to planning applications.

Pros

Knowing that you have helped make life a little better for people

Cons

Working with politicians.

Working for LBH

I worked for the borough for a number of years. I found my job had the variety that kept me interested. The days were never the same and always kept me alert and on my toes. It was a busy and stimulating environment. I enjoyed the client group and had developed a good rapport. I began to like my job less and less towards the end- I saw a number of day services close. My travel to and from work was very time consuming and I used public transport as I don't have a drivers licence. .

Pros

interesting days out

Cons

the time used to travel to and from work

Lovely place to work

Again, there have been many changes to this work place - this is due to governmental funding - and therefore feel that 10 years after working for this place it wouldn't be right for me to say anything about the organisation. However, when I did work at the organisation, I loved working there because I had been there for a period of time and also loved the social atmosphere of the staff and young people.

Friendly work space

the staff members were all friendly and supportive. Sadly the charity has been closed now. it was loved by all the local families and were respected by the whole of the village.

Great job great benefits

Was at this job for a while it was a shame to leave as I was made redundant I enjoyed working there had a great team Nice management... I done drainage here.

Pros

EArly finish at 3pm

Cons

Very early start in winter

Stressful place to work

Cost work tickets from repairs officers. Input figures . Answer telephone queries. Cover other colleagues with their workload when they were on leave.

Pros

Office was near home

Cons

Manager was a bully

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Hillingdon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement