LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH

LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH Employee Reviews

Senior management value staff as do councillors, opportunities for development and career progression encouraged so you meet your full potential. Flexible working with a diverse workforce

Pros

Get to meet people from varied backgrounds

Everything was good

Nice place to work for I have had a good manager very supportive and helpful. I have learned a lot and I have contributed a lot. Especially in my sections

Already answered this previously

Already answered this previously. Good employer. Great flexible working. Centrally located. Good management and leadership. Diverse workforce. Nice culture

You will be given opportunities to show your abilities

There is a culture of working for the team. You will have opportunities to show your abilities. Helpful people are appreciated. Those that suggest new ideas are appreciated and will be rewarded. Those that can do are given lots of opportunities to show they can do more serious work.

Good

Because of this job, it shaped my future jobs, always as a cater or support worker. I’m still friends with work colleagues. Even though , we’re a lot older now.

Enjoyed 27 years working for Lambeth at different position

I found Lambeth Council to be very interesting to work for loved the ethnicity an diversity sorry to had left, I have progressed through the years I truly love my different jobs and progressions that I made.

Pros

I was happy working there

Cons

Shouldnt have left needed to see what changes or opportunity were out there.

fun place to work

good and supportive working colleagues. opportunity for career advancement. lots of training opportunities. opportunity to work in different teams and shadow other colleagues as part of learning and development strategy.

Terrible organisation to work for

If you want to be treated like dirt, irrelevant of your position, experience or any other quality attribute, welcome to Lambeth. If you want to receive abysmal customer services as a borough resident, welcome to Lambeth.

The summary of my review could be reviewed every 6 months until I am able to secure employment.

A typical day at work, Lambeth is a Multicutural organisation and diversed in its approach to workforce. The workforce in my Team comprises of six Brokerage Officers, a Line Manager and the Brokerage Manager. We All worked as a Team in order meet set standards and to meet service user's identified needs. We check the team generic emails to pick up work posted by Social Workers, Hospitals, Care Managers, Care providers and all other internal and external agencies. Telephone calls never end, from 9am to 5pm dealing with care queries,finance, meals on wheels, Doctor's, services users and other external organisations. I learnt how to be part of a team, confidentiality, work well with others, respect diversity, culture, work collaboratively, Integrity, Committed to the Borough, support learning and development, manages performanace for outcome and keeps up to speed. Transparences, taking ownership of mistakes and rectifying them, learnt how to make it better. Doing things faster, more effeciently and to a higher standard. Narrow management structure, we all worked together and learnt from each other and give supports when required. Good and effective management supports The hardest part of the job is simply not knowing what package you are getting. There could be emergency placement where you have to identify a Nursing/Residential care or dealing with emergency hospital discharges without prior warning. Difficulties in identified a suitable placements and dealing with difficult families. Delays in getting response from other department on case, lack of communication, feedback -

Pros

Staff sharing information approahes

Cons

Delays in getting feedback from other departments

Vibrant

Fun energetic bunch of people. Nice environment. There is good staff support from management. work loads are quite heavy. restructures and job cuts have not left some colleagues feeling safe in their role.

Pros

Nice new office space

Cons

Hot desk rules

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH?

Supportive environment and lovely place to work

Secure and reliable place to work. Typical day included admin, PA and finance work. Everyone worked well as a team, training was provided where necessary and there was opportunity for development.

Pros

Lots of opportunities

Cons

No cons

London Borough of Lambeth

I enjoyed my time working with the team I was put with, we worked well as a team and communicated with each other very well. I also enjoyed the job as I met different people and learnt new skills.

Pros

Out and about, not in the office

Cons

Driving in summer was very hot as no AC

A place of a large variety in the workload

A typical day at Lambeth's Claims Handling Section is completely varied. You really never can predict what the day might have in store. We serve a population of over 300,000 people, and tens of thousands of daily visitors. This vast number of people puts all our infrastructure and resources to the test and our Section plays a key supporting role in ensuring the lives of the people we serve, and the properties we own are kept as safe as possible. When something goes wrong, our Section is at hand to 'pick up the pieces' and put people's lives back on track, where there is a legal duty to do so. We are also responsible for the prudent expenditure of public funds by way of settling insurance claims quickly and responsibly, but also highlighting fraudulent claims and defending those claims where we have legal cause to do so.

Pros

Varied work, satisfaction of protecting public money

Excellent Place to Work

Working for a local authority is rewarding and depending on the job you are doing, like all councils they are going through changes as a result of cuts in funding. There are good career opportunities, support and training available within the job, everyone thrives to provide the best possible service. The most enjoyable thing I found about working for an LA is that you are working for the community within an organization that cares about its constituents.

Pros

Working as a Team

Cons

Cuts in Funding affecting some services

Fun with kids

Great to work with kids. enjoyed there as kids are very affectionate to me and I provided great care for them. The management was good as well albeit the salary was poor in comparison with the work allocated.

Pros

Kids

Cons

Long hours less pay

Fun work place relaxed yet hard working environment

I enjoyed working here the people are famtastic and the culture was brilliant . There was plenty chance of development through tailored courses and staff were encouraged to expand there knowledge about the organisation and how things work.

Learnt alot, pressurized at times, worked with some lovely people

Typical day was busy from the start. Phones didnt stop once 9am came. Always something to do, very demanding. Some management were great and some were not. Co-Workers were great always wanted to help and had a good laugh. Hardest part of the job was having to turn away people and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the end result, someone housed.

Pros

The shops

Cons

Good people and excellent working environment

Communicating with stakeholders and responding to strategic service requests. The best part is resolving contract challenges with the team. People are always willing to help if you recognise their limits. I always appreciate my team and rely on their strength to deliver excellent service.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Regular restructuring

Fast paced work environment

Lambeth housing department provide a supportive service that served the needs of its community to the best of its ability. Training and development was provided and employees where given the tools to serve their service users to effectively.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Individual work load unachievable

Some good times

Before I worked in management I enjoyed working as an admin officer for this local authority. At his point I worked with some good co-workers and a reasonable manager . I was able to present new methods of utilising the way we recorded information. I was allowed to set up a new Access Database which was adopted by the department and I received full credit for it.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Often worked late.

Experience at Lambeth

Working for Lambeth was an excellent experience. I learned how to value people life and support social worker to deliver quality services. Managers are more human very supportive and help staff achieve targets. All my co-workers were so kind and focused to delivery their assigned targets. The hardest part of jobs was linked to budget cut and freezing staff salary for 5 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and help different staff, social workers, practice managers, brokerage officers, team managers, head of services to resolve data quality issues within respective team. Also. i enjoyed my one to one training sessions with social workers of the use of Framework i/ Mosaic. I was the most popular staff as my speciality was to to audit, investigate and fix all their issues relate to data quality. As my line manager said : "Lambeth is loosing a true asset". Many thanks to Lambeth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement