London Borough of Redbridge

London Borough of Redbridge Employee Reviews

Multi cultural company, flexible, supportive and friendly environment, team work, good customer service, reliable.Training required, IT systems needs updating.
Pros
Remote working
5he staff there was very welcoming and supported throughout the time I was there and still today I’m still in contact with the staff that still work there.
Pros
Good support
Cons
Hours was suitable
Great place to work. Competent managers, who are very experienced. Lots of freehand in assigned projects which shows staff are respected for the skills they bring. Skill sharing is strongly encouraged and undertaken. Lots of learning. Would strongly recommend working here.
Pros
good management, investment in employees, skill sharing
Cons
departments could be a bit more joined up
Working at Redbridge gave me the opportunity to learn new things in my department and this allows me to think of pursuing another career due to the training that I received. The top management does not recognise the staff efforts but the team spirit among the staff was great.
Pros
More exposure on the job role
Cons
Poor facilities
Relaxed atmosphere and nice people to work with. The town centre is busy but there are loads of shops to choose from when going out to lunch. There is a car park close to many of the office buildings, so parking should not be an issue.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Processes
The London Borough of Redbridge has excellent leadership in both the Chief Executive and Leader of the Council. The balance of formality and informality is good and the support I received was absolutely fabulous. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home and the most enjoyable was coming into work! There was no typical day, just exciting, challenging and transformational work with a great excellent leader.
Pros
A fabulous learning experience.
Cons
None.
In the 30 years I worked for the borough, there was very good work ethic, everybody worked as a team. The borough as a whole, whatever department you worked in, was like one big happy family.
Redbridge is an exciting place to work with great vision and a desire to improve services for customers and staff. Great support for change from senior management.
Pros
Central location
Cons
LBR is a fun and friendly environment. The people working there were helpful and friendly and were nice to talk to. There can be good days and good days as expected with any job but is definately worth the time.
welcomed me and taught me many differenct skills. was able to work in different departmetns and was taught by knowledgable people with a very included learning methods.
I really enjoyed working for the cash office, because i enjoyed working outside meeting different people then going in to council buildings, schools, leisure centres and libraries. i learnt how to deal was a large amount of cash and how to process it also processing cheques using the whole of Microsoft.
Good place, very nice atmosphere at Redbridge cleansing, and the managers there try to help you all the time. The money is good once you show commitment and dedication!!!
Pros
flexibity
Cons
I do not wish to give an opinion on this forum about my time at London Borough of Redbridge and I do hope you will understand my reasons for declining your offer to rate them.
Fun group to work with. Job was made in smal group of people out side in all wether conditions. Emptying Pay & Display machines and collecting and cach in London Borough of Redbridge.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Need to work in cold and bad wether outside
Not the best paying London Borough but loyal and surprisingly low turnover of staff. Most office jobs now centralised in Ilford. Would be happy to work there again.
Dealing with customers who were making their first property investment was an eyeopener. I learnt a lot about government legislation, organising conferences, dealing with complaints as well as service charge queries.
Working in a primary school suits my family life. Being a single parent, it is hard to juggle work/personal life as well as studies. Being able to have holidays at the same time as your children is definitely a bonus but am prepared to work full-time now as my children are older.
The London Borough of Redbridge (LBR) is one of the smaller local authorities within London. It is considerably behind the majority of other boroughs in terms of innovation and development in all areas and this has created a very challenging environment to work in. Due to the previous Chief Executive and his team failing to take appropriate measures when the financial crisis took hold LBR is currently in the process of trying to find savings up to £60,000,000 over the next two years. This contributes to the challenging nature of the workplace environment. Senior Management continue to struggle to get to grips with the best way to guarantee these savings leading to regular changes of direction in policy and priorities making my role particularly uncomfortable. The best of the job for me is the autonomy I have within my role. I am not micro managed and this has allowed me to develop within the role over the years.
Pros
Autonomy within my role
Cons
Current working environment
The organisation is on a journey to be One Brilliant Team. It is appearing to be a very long journey and many employees of all types are finding it very uncomfortable
Pros
Quality of work
Cons
Happy clapping
Local and good work life balanceWalking distance to workNear the high roadSupportive line managerBusy and stretched due to a small teamNot a secure job
Pros
Local
Cons
Stretched
I find the London Borough of Redbridge to be a good employer who are committed to improving the standard of life of their residents and to providing a working environment for their employees that encourages commitment and dedication.
Pros
Home working opportunities
Cons
My commute