LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST

LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom46 reviews

Supportive team and workplace

An amazing Council to work for that is top class on diversity and equality within the workplace. However the council staff are very much segregated at different sites, in addition to home working. So for improved multi partnership working a Civic centre where majority of staff work would encourage this and be ideal (not the town hall that doesn’t facilitate meetings with the public).

Avoid at all costs

The amount of out of classroom work is hideous and still on the rise. Payslips must be scrutinized and management continuously chased up as they do not consistently update the system. payroll staff are thoroughly incompetent.

Insights into LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Very awful

Nothing good to say. Very micro managed and they don’t look after staff. Very pressuring environment. Low pay and no chance of progression. I’m happy to be gone

Fun workplace

Friendly people to with had no trouble working with Walthamstow Council - In fact I sometimes think why did I leave London for West Midlands.... I wish I was still working there

One of the best boroughs in London

Waltham Forest is an award winning progressive and innovative borough and a great place to live and work due to its rich diversity and the strength of its communities.

Committed and engaging place of work

I was on a short temporary contract, so not enough time to make a full enough assessment. But in the time I was there, it was very busy and rewarding and I gained good experience in policy scrutiny and campaigning such a short term of employment .

Fun, Exciting, Multicultural and enjoyable Local Government.

A really good place to work. It is fun, exciting, multicultural and enjoyable. People are really nice and willing to help. Colleagues are very professional and understanding.

Questionable work culture

Staff are overall are nice, but it just depends where you work. Management are not transparent. Work culture is questionable, ive seen the direct/ indirect work place bullying. Managers have scape goat culture Little to no, workplace benefits

Poor

They do not value staff or innovative solutions to ongoing problems. Also they do not retain good employees or offer advancement opportunities. I would not recommend working here unless it is local.

A good place to work and live (if you can afford it)

Waltham Forest Council has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. It is a much more inclusive place to work, meaning everyone has a part to play in its success.

Typical day at work is fun, busy and always something different. I am always learning something new. Management are supportive and always willing to listen.

If you enjoy the threat of redundancy at least yearly

Horrid top bosses Talk about people behind their backs "Oh he's a little shxt" about an internal candidate Redundancy letters yearly Promote/ employ who the like not on their job ability. Managers with no experience or understanding of the department they run

good

Very good place to work, worked here for a few years however decided I need a change. It is for this reason I am looking for a new job. Ok management and good training opportunities

Great people

Great people serving the community. A dynamic organisation which has a very community focused outlook staging events within the borough to encourage the partnership with the local community and building trust between both parties

Good student placement

I was a student social worker here and learnt lots of things. I had a good supervisor and the team was so supportive and helpful. Really helped my future career.

Pros

Good support

Cons

No parking

Used to be a job for life

Constant reorganisations and cutbacks along with new management who have no experience of the sections they manage leave stuff under pressure with no support. Middle grades erased, generic job descriptions with no progression.

Pros

Good salary for local work and great leave allowance

Cons

No managerial support

Hard work and stressful

Due to staff restructuring, the work load became heavier for those on the work force. There were targets, deadlines to be met. I believed the emphasis were on the quantity of work rather than the quality of work. Staff became demoralised, anxious, tierd in some cases depressed. Learned about the guidelines, legislation changes

Pros

The water fountain outside was therapeutic

Cons

Staff did not feel appreciated.

Supporting the local community and have great opportunities for service users and is a fun and productive place to work

Well organised, access to information. Provide training opportunities and is very diverse and multi-cultural environment. Dedicated workers providing equal opportunities and having a good working relationship with client, service users and colleagues. Great management who also look out for your well-being and safeguarding aspects of your daily task. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help someone in-need and direct them to the right resources and also full-fill your daily task on-time which is rewarding. The hardest part of a job - if one cannot meet their expected deadline and provide what is required to the highest standard, this can be frustrating and therefore, one will need to work overtime.

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

sometimes overworking without taking a lunch break

Commitment to serve public

The work attitude excellent. Staff has a commitment to assist and help public, the desire to help citizen has always seen a third top priority. It had 360 degree staff review structure to reflect work relationship between different level of staff performance.

Pros

Good work environment, management style is clear.

Cons

Financial cut back had affected service delivery.

Restricting

Not everyday was the same as most days are quiet but on the odd occasion, when it gets busy it is very fulfilling when getting work done. It is quite restricting as there is only so much you can do and there is no real avenue for growth within the organisation. It is a very dull and grey atmosphere with very few chances of progressing further.

The Town Hall is a desirable place to work

The Business Support Team are a very dedicated hard working department, always thinking on your feet and working together. I was only temporary so no flexi time but permanent positions offer the flexibility.

Pros

Beautiful building

Cons

procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST reviews by location

• LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?