LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST

LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST Employee Reviews for Administrator

Administrator2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

enjoyenvironmentworkinggoodmanagementpeoplejobgreat

nice, comfortable and mostly happy workplace

I would start the day by making sure that the back up tape for the library system was activated check that there were no faults ie flashing lights indicating system failure and made sure that the temperature within the computers system service was stable. I would then open the post and disseminate all correspondace to the appropriate people. I would check my things to do list and make sure that my priority jobs were actioned, answer all in coming calls and assist with all queries regarding the new library system that was being installed. I would then check my managers diary making sure that she attended meetings that I had previously arranged, sometimes set up offsited visits if necessary. I would photo copy and fax correspondance to the 12 libraries involved in the implementation of the new library system making sure that they were up to date with progress. When necessary I would assist my manager set up different sites with new computer equipment and install software provided. I learned quite a lot about computers, different software packages and DOS, and a little bit about computer programming. Senior management were pleasent, mostly approachable, they worked along side the team willingly and were supportive with different issues. I worked mainly alone because the computer service was a very small unit, My co workers in the administrative office were very nice, the were hard working and efficient. They were also very sociable people we were all very good friends. The hardest part of the Job was having to deal with a very head strong manager,  -

Pros

good working relationships, learning about computers, working in an excellent environment

Cons

sometimes not too busy, some jobs a bit laborious, teaching someone who would not be taught

Proactive, Productive, Place to learn & develope your experiences,it has a positive vibe, fun co-workers, requires hard work & dedication.

Typical day very varied but always interesting, every day is different. There is always new challenges, every case is different. I have leaned just how people from all walks of life can be exposed to being vulnerable and understanding the work from all angles. the complexities and the legal implications of each case and knowing that we have a duty of care. It has been a definite eye opener. I have had a fantastic team of managers that ensure that the staff are kept abreast of current any changes,current trends, information and great support network to ensure that the office runs smoothly & effectively. My co-workers are all supportive and we work as a team. The hardest part of my job is listening to details of any case and the severity of how the individual has been affected, but it is a joy when you have a team of professionals that are on hand to ensure that there is satisfactory conclusion to any given case, that safeguards the client. My entire job is enjoyable,it can be stressful, demanding, but also rewarding.

Pros

We are like one big family, plenty of goodies at team meetings and team lunches.

Cons

Rate of pay could be better.

Insights into LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement